Many Congratulations

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

St.Kenneth
Learner

Many Congratulations

Post by St.Kenneth »

Hello my friendly Leinster supporters,

Just wanted to offer my congratulations in winning the Pro 12 this year. I haven't seen the final, but looking at the score, it wasn't a particularly close affair. Really pleased that the likes of Wilko in France and BOD for you guys, were able to finish their careers on a high. It was a privilege watching Brian's masterclass at Franklin's Gardens this last season.

It's so good that the European debacle has been sorted out as missing out on the chance to play the likes of yourselves, Ulster and Munster would be a travesty. When you think of our European group and the success the sides in it have had, it really was the group of death. You guys win the Rabo, we win the Amlin and secure our first ever Premiership crown, Castres finish as French runners up.... and Ospreys...... er..... Ospreys were the best team in Wales! lol.

Enjoy your summer and hopefully, the friendly rivalries can continue next season in the first European Champions Cup. Best wishes to you all.

Saints Kenneth
COME ON YOU SAINTS..!!
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Re: Many Congratulations

Post by offshorerules »

Well done on the premiership.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

offshorerules wrote:Well done on the premiership.
Yes indeed. It was a nail biter and I was delighted that the Saints prevailed.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

domhnallj wrote:
+1 being on terrace C in Franklins Gardens was probably the most enjoyable rugby related experience of the year, superb supporters would love to go back win, loose or draw.
Flying wedge
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

footrush wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
+1 being on terrace C in Franklins Gardens was probably the most enjoyable rugby related experience of the year, superb supporters would love to go back win, loose or draw.

I'd love to go back too - but i'll only take a win!
St.Kenneth
Learner

Post by St.Kenneth »

It shows how well you did to get out of the group. Little wonder you were poorly seeded for the knock out stages when sides in our groups were taking points off each other so much.

Thanks for your own congrats. It's the first time we've been domestic champions, so at last we've won all four trophies that are available to us.
COME ON YOU SAINTS..!!
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

St.Kenneth wrote:It shows how well you did to get out of the group. Little wonder you were poorly seeded for the knock out stages when sides in our groups were taking points off each other so much.

Thanks for your own congrats. It's the first time we've been domestic champions, so at last we've won all four trophies that are available to us.
That surprised me - well done & enjoy.
A proud Winsome Fluter
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

Congrats to Northampton too - am especially pleased as I recall how friendly (and magnanimous in the wake of quite a drubbing) the Northampton supporters were when I visitied Franklin Gardens for the first time for the Leinster game back when ever it was (seems so long ago now !). True rugby people.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

was nice to see a real rugby club win Premiership alright
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Northampton are a proper rugby team from a proper rugby town.

Delighted to see them beat that shower of fakes.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Congrats back, didn't realise a Heineken Cup winning side hadn't taken domestic honours, but there are probably others.
St.Kenneth
Learner

Post by St.Kenneth »

The year we won the HEC, we came second in the league to Lucifer Tigers and were beaten by Wycombe Wasps in the domestic cup final at Twickenham.

Since that day at HQ against Munster, we've been relegated twice and now since Jim has been in charge, we've made something like 9 finals, winning 5 of them.

This season, our U18 won their league, our Academy/Reserves were runners up in their league, we were beaten finalists in the domestic cup, won the Amlin and now the Premiership.

It's not quite on par with the excellence that Leinster produce year in year out, but for a small town side, things seem to be heading in the right direction.
COME ON YOU SAINTS..!!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Yep, Good to see a proper rugby club claim a trophy. Watched the game in LEO'S as we warmed up for the big one. Everyone was up for the saints but TBH sarries bossed the final stages, Funny thing is that a penalty or DGoal would have won it for saints via try countback,
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
AwayTheWell
Learner

Post by AwayTheWell »

St.Kenneth wrote:Hello my friendly Leinster supporters,

Just wanted to offer my congratulations in winning the Pro 12 this year. I haven't seen the final, but looking at the score, it wasn't a particularly close affair. Saints Kenneth
Congratulations Kenneth on your own magnificent victory over the weekend - long overdue at this stage for your club.

Though the scoreline in the Rabo Pro final would make it look like the game was never in doubt, it was pretty competitive for an hour. Big turning point was when Matawalu knocked on a metre from the Leinster line - and Leinster ran the ball back all the way up the field - although didn't lead to an immediate score, effectively set the platform for Leinster to kill the game off and was a massive psycholigical swing.
Leinster were definitely gifted one of their late tries with Glasgow trying an outrageous chip and chase from their own 22 when flat out on their feet with the game already over.