Pre-season friendlies

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Pre-season friendlies

Post by cormac »

23rd August away to Northampton, 29th August, home to Ulster (Donnybrook)
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by AdamK »

TBH little disappointed, a change of teams would be nice. Love it when we get some random team or a SXV team.

But I think we signed a deal with Saints and Ulster to get a few pre-seasons against each other.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

What's the Donnybrook capacity now ?
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Alternative Ulster wrote:6000
That's what I thought, but isn't that a bit on the small side even for a pre season, I know we have been well in excess of that normally at Ravenhill
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

rooster wrote:
That's what I thought, but isn't that a bit on the small side even for a pre season, I know we have been well in excess of that normally at Ravenhill
We don't get big crowds for pre-season games. RDS is usually unavailable in August as they have to re-install the seating at the two ends and repair the pitch after the Horse Show.
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Not to mention we often send out the children. Who it has to be said did a fine job against Northampton last year IIRC.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

cormac wrote:
rooster wrote:
We don't get big crowds for pre-season games. RDS is usually unavailable in August as they have to re-install the seating at the two ends and repair the pitch after the Horse Show.
Ah I see the reasons now, surprised at the small crowds though, are they included in season tickets ?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

rooster wrote: Ah I see the reasons now, surprised at the small crowds though, are they included in season tickets ?
Nope
I have Bumbleflex
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

You can't include 13 or 14 thousand season ticket holders in a ground that holds 6000.

Although it would be nice if they gave STHs free (or nominal €1 charge) tickets on a first come first served basis.
totalrandomer
Graduate

Post by totalrandomer »

What about €2 for adult sths into the ground. €5 into the stand. Kids free but must have a ticket.

Non Sths. €5 for kids. €10 for adults. €15 or 20 for adult stand
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Alternative Ulster wrote:You can't include 13 or 14 thousand season ticket holders in a ground that holds 6000.

Although it would be nice if they gave STHs free (or nominal €1 charge) tickets on a first come first served basis.
We don't get every ST holder to a Zebre home have so we're hardly going to get them at a pre season friendly (on a Friday night).

Opening the RDS for it would be pointless with all the costs that up without (security etc), DB won't even be sold out for it.
AwayTheWell
Learner

Post by AwayTheWell »

sheepshagger wrote:
Alternative Ulster wrote:You can't include 13 or 14 thousand season ticket holders in a ground that holds 6000.

We don't get every ST holder to a Zebre home have so we're hardly going to get them at a pre season friendly (on a Friday night).

Opening the RDS for it would be pointless with all the costs that up without (security etc), DB won't even be sold out for it.
Especially when the pitch and stands won't be ready. Probably not even for the 1st round of League matches - if you wondering why Leinster almost always start away.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

sheepshagger wrote:

Its a nice tradition to go back to our spiritual home for pre-season and it's always most pleasant to sup pints in the sun at the prod end. ;-)
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
IanD
Official Mascot

Post by IanD »

Flash Gordon wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

Its a nice tradition to go back to our spiritual home for pre-season and it's always most pleasant to sup pints in the sun at the prod end. ;-)
Religion has to get in somewhere doesn't it? :twisted:

For me Donnybrook games mean drinks in the alleyway at Cisc Maddens and someone getting chips from Borzas to share of the barrels.
Treat life like a dog: If you can't eat it, play with it, or hump it, p1$$ on it and walk away!
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Looks like the pub formally known as Longs is being re-opened too.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Flash Gordon wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:

Can us nordie prods sup pints there as well ?
Might get down to this one to swell your poor numbers then work permitting.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Now confirmed as 4pm on Saturday 30 August at Tallafornia Stadium
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

I was at the Tallaght stadium when they last played a pre season game there and was very impressed with the stadium. Very nice little stadium they have there.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

sheepshagger wrote:Now confirmed as 4pm on Saturday 30 August at Tallafornia Stadium
cr@p!!!

Hope the organisation is a bit better than last time we were there - between the large numbers of seats reserved for SDCC Councillors and the ridiculous security procedures it took the shine off what was otherwise a quite enjoyable day.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever