Pre-season friendlies

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Pre-season friendlies

Post by domhnallj »

sheepshagger wrote:Now confirmed as 4pm on Saturday 30 August at Tallafornia Stadium
Handy enough for Rooster and his mob to get to. Any reason Donnybrook was canned?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Stuka
Knowledgeable

Post by Stuka »

Nice little stadium but its a real dive of an area, just full of scum. Yes i am aware there are nice people out there too but the majority of the locals are scum. I stupidly got the luas to the Belvo-Rock game out there month ago. Wow. It was an experience. Junkies everywhere. It was an experience for a poor North County Dublin bogger like me.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

domhnallj wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Now confirmed as 4pm on Saturday 30 August at Tallafornia Stadium
Handy enough for Rooster and his mob to get to. Any reason Donnybrook was canned?
Not really as no idea where it is or where to park so that car is still there intact to get home again, Donnybrook is simple as just down through tunnel and car knows it's own way from there !
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

rooster wrote:
domhnallj wrote:
Not really as no idea where it is or where to park so that car is still there intact to get home again, Donnybrook is simple as just down through tunnel and car knows it's own way from there !
Its just off the M50 as far as I know. Getting there was all I was committing to, the state of the area is another matter :D Bon voyage!
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

domhnallj wrote:
rooster wrote:
domhnallj wrote: Handy enough for Rooster and his mob to get to. Any reason Donnybrook was canned?
Its just off the M50 as far as I know. Getting there was all I was committing to, the state of the area is another matter :D Bon voyage!
That M50 is a nightmare, will I need armed backup for the trip ?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Ffs lads, it'd a quiet part of tallaght. Been there or around the area many times and have never had a stitch of trouble. Plenty of parking accross the road too.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Peg Leg wrote:Ffs lads, it'd a quiet part of tallaght. Been there or around the area many times and have never had a stitch of trouble. Plenty of parking accross the road too.
So you're saying no need for personal protection of the six-shooter variety.

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

The last time there was a match there they allowed free parking in the Square shopping centre across the road.

And unless you're a particularly delicate flower for whom the very sight of a working class person is enough to give you a fit of the vapors, you'll be grand.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

I must have missed the masses of stabbings, glassings and car-jackings at the Gloucester match there two seasons ago, did I?

Cop on, lads. It's not Beirut you're being sent to.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

honeyec wrote:I must have missed the masses of stabbings, glassings and car-jackings at the Gloucester match there two seasons ago, did I?

If people are that scared, they could stay at home and feed their cats/wash their socks/finish building their nuclear bunker. (Delete where necessary).
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Donny B. wrote:The last time there was a match there they allowed free parking in the Square shopping centre across the road.

And unless you're a particularly delicate flower for whom the very sight of a working class person is enough to give you a fit of the vapors, you'll be grand.
There will also be parking in the stadium itself - think it cost €6 the last time we were there
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

honeyec wrote:I must have missed the masses of stabbings, glassings and car-jackings at the Gloucester match there two seasons ago, did I?

Beirut's much nicer than Tallaght
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Xanthippe wrote:
Donny B. wrote:The last time there was a match there they allowed free parking in the Square shopping centre across the road.

There will also be parking in the stadium itself - think it cost €6 the last time we were there
Cheers, we are a right hardy bunch where I come from so now that there is somewhere to park the wheels I think that I can cope with the locals
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

As a native I can honestly say it is sandwiched between the most intimidating duck filled pond and discount pet superstore you will ever see. World's most dangerous Maldron hotel beside it too, there's a petrol station near it too and they're always dangerous

In all seriousness 4pm end of August, all the bold boys will be asleep in the sun with some cans
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

simonokeeffe wrote:As a native I can honestly say it is sandwiched between the most intimidating duck filled pond and discount pet superstore you will ever see. World's most dangerous Maldron hotel beside it too, there's a petrol station near it too and they're always dangerous

In all seriousness 4pm end of August, all the bold boys will be asleep in the sun with some cans
Or on Portmarnock or Skerries beach, frightening the locals.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

rooster wrote:
Xanthippe wrote:

Cheers, we are a right hardy bunch where I come from so now that there is somewhere to park the wheels I think that I can cope with the locals
If by wheels, you mean he cos then you'll be grand. :P
Daniel Sullivan
Alternative Ulster
Graduate

Post by Alternative Ulster »

What the feck are he cos?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Alternative Ulster wrote:What the feck are he cos?
Bleeding phones/thumbs....

Bricks is what I wrote!
Daniel Sullivan
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Some of these comments will really help with the "D4 Leinster" stereotype.
honeyec
Mullet

Post by honeyec »

nc6000 wrote:Some of these comments will really help with the "D4 Leinster" stereotype.
I know. They were probably equally horrified when they had to venture over to Croke Park while Lansdowne was being redeveloped.
"Yeah I been starvin' 'em, teasing 'em, singing off-key - me may my mo, me mo my may..."