Leinster Ticket Pricing

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonno6
Rhys Ruddock

Leinster Ticket Pricing

Post by simonno6 »

From an email received today from Leinster.
Ticket Pricing

Following a very involved research and planning process with ReVenue Management Consultants, Leinster Rugby are pleased to announce that we are moving to a demand-driven pricing model for all games in the 2014/15 Season. All start prices for tickets remain unchanged from the 2013/14 Season however depending on demand prices may increase incrementally closer to each fixture. As such, the 'early bird' will always get the best value. This pricing structure will not affect you directly as you have already guaranteed yourself the best price for each game by purchasing a Season Ticket!
Thoughts?
Saturday 23rd May 2009 - Number 1
Saturday 21st May 2011 - Brace
Saturday 19th May 2012 - Hatrick!
deco
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Leinster Ticket Pricing

Post by deco »

simonno6 wrote:From an email received today from Leinster.
Ticket Pricing

Following a very involved research and planning process with ReVenue Management Consultants, Leinster Rugby are pleased to announce that we are moving to a demand-driven pricing model for all games in the 2014/15 Season. All start prices for tickets remain unchanged from the 2013/14 Season however depending on demand prices may increase incrementally closer to each fixture. As such, the 'early bird' will always get the best value. This pricing structure will not affect you directly as you have already guaranteed yourself the best price for each game by purchasing a Season Ticket!
Thoughts?
Good idea.

Means the season ticket represents the best value, also encourages folk to commit and buy early.
Calendar of Leinster/Ireland fixtures: https://calendar.google.com/calendar?ci ... Z2xlLmNvbQ
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Ticket Pricing

Thoughts?
Just saw that email - haven't fully thought it through. My initial reaction is that it won't affect me personally that much as (a) have season tickets and (b) where I buy extras I tend to do it early anyway. I'm usually buying tickets in the ST window before general sale.

Overall - as long as all tickets are available from the start and they don't hold back better ones (as is the suspicion) I'm in favour I think. I've long argued that LR should aim to have a marginal shortfall in ticket availability - especially for "bigger games" - as it would create an incentive for ST sales and reward ST holders / blues members. I don't think they should move the HEC games to Aviva for example.

I think this probably heads in that direction as it will create a premium for scarcity and essentially charge extra for last minute purchases.
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I'd be a little worried that it might put off walk-ups on the day of the match. I'd also be interested if the value of tickets on the ticket-exchange system will also go up nearer the match.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

cormac wrote:I'd be a little worried that it might put off walk-ups on the day of the match. I'd also be interested if the value of tickets on the ticket-exchange system will also go up nearer the match.
Doubt it - at the moment they go at face value - which would be what they were originally bought at. Unless they change the rules.

Walk ups (or tickets bought in the last few days) are less price sensitive I think - at least assuming the difference is less than €10. It tends to be folk who decide to go out for an afternoon / evening, have rounded up a few friends and probably not focussed on the ticket price (unless it's crazy money)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

strictly from a commercial view its a good idea as it will encourage more advance sales and earlier too so branch make money and more people at the games
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
waterboy
Graduate

Post by waterboy »

Seems like a clever way of raising ticket prices without being seen to be raising ticket prices.

Will be interested to see what the increments are like and what the top prices are now set at
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Makes sense.

They could go one further and over sell the N & S stands, it's not like every season ticket holder in those two sections go to every game.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

sheepshagger wrote:Makes sense.

They could go one further and over sell the N & S stands, it's not like every season ticket holder in those two sections go to every game.
Make like a concert promoter, what's not to approve of that?

No they couldn't. And if they start at larks like that... Look they're not going to start selling tickets twice. Next you'll suggest that only one of these is on book...
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:
sheepshagger wrote:Makes sense.

Make like a concert promoter, what's not to approve of that?

No they couldn't. And if they start at larks like that... Look they're not going to start selling tickets twice. Next you'll suggest that only one of these is on book...
legally/health & safety wise they wouldnt/couldnt, not like theyre running an airline or a comedy club :?
Lazarus
Learner

Post by Lazarus »

deco wrote:
Ticket Pricing

Thoughts?
Good idea.

Means the season ticket represents the best value, also encourages folk to commit and buy early.
Munster announced the same via MRSC in April, same crowd too ReVenue.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Tickets are massively over-priced as it is. 10euro as a non ST holder to watch a B&I Cup game is robbery. I feel sorry for the people who fork a lot of money to see Leinster in a league game with no atmosphere. Not because the branch or whoever set the prices, but because they feel this is worth paying 40 euro for.
simonokeeffe wrote:
legally/health & safety wise they wouldnt/couldnt, not like theyre running an airline or a comedy club :?
Yeah, you could. Maybe not in Ireland but you see it in other parts of the world. Clubs with bigger stadia and more fans than Leinster do it in other sports. You need more areas for people to stand if they can't find a seat in unreserved seating sections. I will be at a game on Friday that will be sold out. There will be extra tickets sold and people will stand.
AwayTheWell
Learner

Post by AwayTheWell »

€10 would be about the general price for admission to a Division 1 AIL match. So given the B&I cup games should be of a higher standard, or at least a more concentrated selection of quality players, don't think it is that bad a price. All in all, it is up to the individual whether it is worth it to them or not.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

suisse wrote:Tickets are massively over-priced as it is. 10euro as a non ST holder to watch a B&I Cup game is robbery. I feel sorry for the people who fork a lot of money to see Leinster in a league game with no atmosphere. Not because the branch or whoever set the prices, but because they feel this is worth paying 40 euro for.
simonokeeffe wrote:
Yeah, you could. Maybe not in Ireland but you see it in other parts of the world. Clubs with bigger stadia and more fans than Leinster do it in other sports. You need more areas for people to stand if they can't find a seat in unreserved seating sections. I will be at a game on Friday that will be sold out. There will be extra tickets sold and people will stand.

That's ridiculous Suisse. You cannot be allowed to sell tickets twice. I know it is common in entertainments - because venues have a tendency to be run by criminals with the cops on the payroll (and record companies only stopped third shift pressings after the passing of Sarbanes Oxley!), airlines at least have the excuse that they won't actually let more than the safe number on to a plane but personally I think they should be forced to fly you home in a private jet if they sell your seat after you have bought it and you turn up on time for it. Everyone they do it to should get a private.f%~king.jet. Cut that sh!t right out.

Plus please don't lecture us on best practice for safety from Korea. It's not really going to fly right now.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

The start price remains the same. So price only goes one direction. Doesn't make it anymore attractive for the average punter. Probably better for LR for revenue as they'll get more from the more popular fixtures. But can't see how it will encourage more attendance at the 10-12k attended matches. Will they reduce even further the no of family tickets (2+2). They seem few enough as is and in my experience it's been a good way to get friends introduced to LR; many of whom are now regulars.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

fourthirtythree wrote:
suisse wrote:Tickets are massively over-priced as it is. 10euro as a non ST holder to watch a B&I Cup game is robbery. I feel sorry for the people who fork a lot of money to see Leinster in a league game with no atmosphere. Not because the branch or whoever set the prices, but because they feel this is worth paying 40 euro for.
simonokeeffe wrote:

That's ridiculous Suisse. You cannot be allowed to sell tickets twice. I know it is common in entertainments - because venues have a tendency to be run by criminals with the cops on the payroll (and record companies only stopped third shift pressings after the passing of Sarbanes Oxley!), airlines at least have the excuse that they won't actually let more than the safe number on to a plane but personally I think they should be forced to fly you home in a private jet if they sell your seat after you have bought it and you turn up on time for it. Everyone they do it to should get a private.f%~king.jet. Cut that sh!t right out.

Plus please don't lecture us on best practice for safety from Korea. It's not really going to fly right now.
Puntastic :clap:
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Peg Leg wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:
Puntastic :clap:
That was Malaysia. Korea had other transport issues not related to flying
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

I was referring to 433's rant in the earlier paragraph.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

fourthirtythree wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:

Oi! Who you calling a criminal??? :wink:

Am not sure why they can't do free in to Donnybrook games with season ticket anymore, I remember going to A games in UCD that were free in for season ticket holders and issue of capacity applied
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

simonokeeffe wrote:
Oi! Who you calling a criminal??? :wink:

Am not sure why they can't do free in to Donnybrook games with season ticket anymore, I remember going to A games in UCD that were free in for season ticket holders and issue of capacity applied
I was thinking of specific concert promoters, ones I have been in dangerously overcrowded gigs by, whom I know have printed tickets twice with the artist only getting paid for once. I have fun filled stories going back to ex taoisaigh relating to same. Fact is people die when people pull sh!t like that, quite apart from ripping off artists. Nobody dies from third shift pressings but that criminal attitude is pervasive.

Had I said won't float would you have been happier?