BOI renew sponsorship deal for €6m over 5 years

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Re: BOI renew sponsorship deal for €6m over 5 years

Post by domhnallj »

Keith wrote:

Yep, that is what I meant. Looking at the French jereseys I don't think having a few sponsors on the jersey looks too bad at all and it is an easy source of income. Unfortunatley we have to now look at every way of squeezing out as much money as we can from sponsors. Of course if BOI is the only sponsor allowed on the jersey then there is nothing they can do.
The shorts are an alternative and widely used option elsewhere
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Keith wrote:

Yep, that is what I meant. Looking at the French jereseys I don't think having a few sponsors on the jersey looks too bad at all and it is an easy source of income. Unfortunatley we have to now look at every way of squeezing out as much money as we can from sponsors. Of course if BOI is the only sponsor allowed on the jersey then there is nothing they can do.
Its not a matter of BOI being the only sponsor allowed on the jersey, rather its that Bank Of Ireland pay a premium for exclusive branding on Leinster kit
I have Bumbleflex
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

LeinsterLeader wrote:At the risk of starting a holy war over 'who deserves what', but does anyone know how this compares with BOI's sponsorship of other provinces?
The deal they have with Ulster has been renewed twice but at their request there was no publicity or figures mentioned outside those involved in the negotiations, banks sponsoring things still does not rest easy with the general public up here.
On the name on shirt the BOI has never been exclusive with Ulster and we have Kukri, Kingspan, BT Sport, and Heineken all on the shirts/shorts/socks.
I would expect our BOI deal to be well below the Leinster figures though on market share etc figures anyway.
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Keith wrote:
deco wrote:
Keith wrote:Any chance of getting any other sponsors on the jersey?

Do we really want to go down the "we don't want a title sponsor route more a series of engaged partners" in the manner of the wishes of Mark McCafferty's hugely successful campaign of ditching of Heineken only to find there's no one really out there willing to sponsor the EPRC....
You could have a main sponsor and also some minor sponsors advertising on the sleeves etc which I suspect is what Keith was asking. I expect, like Sheepshagger, that the BOI deal includes exclusivity in this regard.

BOI will pay a premium to keep other names off the jersey.

Am pretty confident the new Commercial guy at LR (ex GAA) knows what he's doing to get the sharpest deal.