A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

ormond lad
Graduate

Re: Leinster A 2014-2015

Post by ormond lad »

Armchair wrote:
ormond lad wrote:
Armchair wrote:As said the majority of 1a & 1b large majority are against the PPS, lower division clubs are more in favour of it but they are the majority of clubs who currently exceed the point system. Around 7 or 8 clubs currently over the limit from 2a & 2b plus there will be a cull of clubs back to junior rugby from 2b that is very clear. IRFU are intent on reducing the numbers. League now becomes an invitational league where you will have to be invited to participate every year, huge burden on club volunteers to do extra work when it is already very hard to attreact volunteers to run clubs. Huge disconnect from perception of what IRFU beleive is going on and what actually is happening. If Union policed Rule 6 correctly there would be no need for PPS. Clubs are associate members of the union and will now have to be invited to play rugby each year not a great way of attracting sponsors or promoting rugby. Union say this is a reaction to over 500 senior players moving within senior rugby within Munster a few seasons back??? there isn't even 500 senior players in Munster and everyone of them would have had to move it this was true.
You know this for sure? There wont be a cull of clubs and this PPS is better for the club game/
IRFU possibly are right to cut down on the numbers. About 40 would be fair enough; Nothing wrong with the IRFU putting in a criteria in order for clubs to compete as a senior club. Putting in this criteria wont affect the promotion of the sport or affect the attraction of sponsors. In fact it will help attract sponsors as they will know the accountability etc that is in place. We don't need to see any more Co Carlows etc who go rapidly rise and then fall through the divisions..
Didn't expect anything other than support for IRFU in your response. Rule 6 is in place to prevent the likes of Carlow buying half of New Zealand to gain promotion. Every player switching clubs will now be a 4 point player every player entering college will be a 4 point player max squad of 50 and 100 points per club allowed. System has not worked well in Australia and even adminstrators over there telling IRFU it is a nightmare and not good for the game. Not needed here and a knee jerk reaction to the problem outlined
:lol:
If you knew me at all you would know im far from being a big supporter of what the development process/IRFU are doing in the sport and changes are needed.
Where are you getting all this info that other unions are supposedly telling the IRFU that theyre wrong. We have to do something, What do you want done if this is a "nightmare" and "a knee jerk reaction"
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Tell me what is so wrong that needs fixing?
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:
Morf wrote:All this County Carlow bashing is saddening.

I can't argue against any of it though.

The club is still rebuilding from that period. A solid foundation through minis, youths and hopefully a stronger senior squad in the years to come.

Bit off-topic from Leinster A though.
they brought through that young Argentinian doctor well
One game et him on the right road! ;)
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Morf wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Morf wrote:All this County Carlow bashing is saddening.

I can't argue against any of it though.

The club is still rebuilding from that period. A solid foundation through minis, youths and hopefully a stronger senior squad in the years to come.

Bit off-topic from Leinster A though.
they brought through that young Argentinian doctor well
One game et him on the right road! ;)
Munster clubs producing more dockers than doctors
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Semi-final of the BIC is on Friday evening. We're away to Worcester. I assume the U-20's won't be available for this match.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

safe assumption still should have a strong team.
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

cormac wrote:Semi-final of the BIC is on Friday evening. We're away to Worcester. I assume the U-20's won't be available for this match.
This coming Friday? That's a strange time for it.

I suppose at least there's no game for the seniors so the likes of Luke McGrath, Cathal Marsh and Dom Ryan should all be available.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Donny B. wrote:
cormac wrote:Semi-final of the BIC is on Friday evening. We're away to Worcester. I assume the U-20's won't be available for this match.
This coming Friday? That's a strange time for it.

I suppose at least there's no game for the seniors so the likes of Luke McGrath, Cathal Marsh and Dom Ryan should all be available.
They moved forward the whole competition so as not to have the final during the Championship play-offs. Final is on the weekend of the ERCC quarter-finals.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Assume the team has to be announced on Thursday
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Heard a rumour we are putting out a very strong team in this.
Darce
Shane Jennings
Location: Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front HQ, South West Dublin Brigade, D24 Unit

Post by Darce »

goreyguy wrote:Heard a rumour we are putting out a very strong team in this.
Gotta win something
"I don't do desserts"

Gary Brown Fundamentalist Supporters' Front
The Front Lives on
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Kelleher, Coghlan-Murray, Te'o, Reid, McGrath M, Marsh, McGrath L; Dooley, Dundon, Burke-Flynn, Molony, Denton, Marshall, vd Flier, Timmins

Byrne B, Hirst, Beirne, Leavy, Rock, Crosbie, O'Shea
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Farking hell! Ireland cap and State of Origin caps in the centres!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Might be interesting to see how that centre pairing goes with Girv calling the shots (he is calling the shots for the A's right?)
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Leavy is starting not Van Der Flier.

Also Reid/Teo? Really?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

goreyguy wrote:Leavy is starting not Van Der Flier.

Also Reid/Teo? Really?
Why not play them? Reid has very little game time this season and obviously Te'o needs games too. No Macken or any of the 20s.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

Also Reid/Teo? Really?
Why not play them? Reid has very little game time this season and obviously Te'o needs games too. No Macken or any of the 20s.
I'd agree with that. I know the B and I is about getting young guys experience etc. but I think we have bigger needs atm.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

Also Reid/Teo? Really?
Macken is a Gloucester player until at least the end of the season. 20s would probably be seen as more important than this.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

Also Reid/Teo? Really?
parachuting them into this team because the 1st team is playing poorly isn't exactly a great way of talent development. Both should be well above this level and if they aren't well...
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

Also Reid/Teo? Really?
I'd agree with that. I know the B and I is about getting young guys experience etc. but I think we have bigger needs atm.
Reid/Teo playing well in this game aren't going to make the any readier for the big games to come.
Not that it's likely either will be involved, if you want Reid to get more time maybe MOC shouldn't be leaving him on the bench for 80 minutes?