Leinster A 2014-2015

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Leinster A 2014-2015

Post by Donny B. »

ormond lad wrote:
Donny B. wrote:They get small enough crowds for these games even in Donnybrook, mostly player's families and mates and few diehards.

Even the final last season in Donnybrook, when the seniors didn't even have a game that weekend, got a fairly miserable crowd.
But that's reason enough to move. A Leinster team with perhaps on occasion a top player like a current international and some of the best young players will pull crowds in regardless of the opposition
Maybe they could try it but I honestly think you may be overestimating the interest.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Donny B. wrote:
Hornet wrote:
The Munster 'A' game a case in point. I turned up at Donnybrook 30 minutes before kick off and thought that I was going to have the Grandstand all to myself! I thought I was 90 minutes early. Even when K.O. time came there were very few in the Grandstand, people seemed to turn up during the game in dribs and drabs. (I'd wish they had come in cars or by Dublin Bus!)

To be fair, this email sent out by the branch with the wrong KO time does explain some of that (It was 1PM)

"Leinster A v Munster A

Season Ticket holders can attend the Leinster A vs Munster A friendly in Donnybrook tomorrow free of charge. Gates open at 12pm and kick off is 1.30pm. Just show your Season Ticket card at the gate for access."
That's fair. Mind you still a poor show that the Club get it wrong for one match, and a TBA so close to the next match. Do they want our support for the 'A' team?
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
Pendragon
Bookworm

Post by Pendragon »

I see the Connacht A game v Bristol A got over 7,000 people at it. Game was in Aston Gate in Bristol. That is some crowd for a second team game. Bristol will be a big force over the next few years.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Pendragon wrote:I see the Connacht A game v Bristol A got over 7,000 people at it. Game was in Aston Gate in Bristol. That is some crowd for a second team game. Bristol will be a big force over the next few years.
Sure is. Not Bristol A though. The full Bristol team. They will of course prioritise the Championship far higher than B&I. But if they have no other commitments they can play their first team.

Exeter played Leinster A in the B&I, and a couple of years later played our Heineken cup team in the RDS (And missed a late kick to draw the game)
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Pendragon wrote:I see the Connacht A game v Bristol A got over 7,000 people at it. Game was in Aston Gate in Bristol. That is some crowd for a second team game. Bristol will be a big force over the next few years.
Given the current trend in English Rugby, Bristol RFC will be moved to somewhere far away from their fans by then. :wink:
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

olaf the fat wrote:
Given the current trend in English Rugby, Bristol RFC will be moved to somewhere far away from their fans by then. :wink:
They were already moved from their stadium to Ashton Gate only a few months ago but it looks as though this move is really paying off. They will be easily getting over 10k to the games when they get promoted to the AP.
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

Hornet wrote:Mind you still a poor show that the Club get it wrong for one match, and a TBA so close to the next match. Do they want our support for the 'A' team?
They posted about Friday's match yesterday on Facebook without actually mentioning a kick off time so I am going to go with - no they don't.

Perhaps we are meant to be able to guess when matches are on??
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Despite the fact the Digital Marketing Executive (great title) confirming to me by e-mail that this Friday's game kicks off at 7:30pm, the website currently shows the game starting at 17:30.

The other two home games are currently scheduled for Fri 28 Nov at 1pm (Camarthen Quins) and Fri 12 Dec at 2.30pm (Plymouth Albion).

They couldn't give less of a shite about marketing the A matches.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Might be an institutional remnant. Cheika was opposed to allowing people into A matches. I twitulated Leinster Rugby and they got straight back to me with the kickoff time, so its an odd one
I have Bumbleflex
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Looks like we're being watched. They've now amended the ko time for Friday's game on the website and taken down the ko details for the other games.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

olaf the fat wrote:
Yeah, Cardiff
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

johng wrote:Ah Jaysus. Now they tell me, after I bought those Jools tickets from the Doc.

Ah cr@p - was going to ask if your lot would sit beside me if I kept good seats for you
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Dang Friday night training, Saturday morning minis/blitzes and Sunday matches.

Accommodate me better please Leinster Rugby!

Thursday night games still going?
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Rumour that Ben T is staring A game this week!
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Donny B. wrote:To be fair, this email sent out by the branch with the wrong KO time does explain some of that (It was 1PM)

"Leinster A v Munster A

Season Ticket holders can attend the Leinster A vs Munster A friendly in Donnybrook tomorrow free of charge. Gates open at 12pm and kick off is 1.30pm. Just show your Season Ticket card at the gate for access."
This. I missed most of the first half because of that mail. It was bloody ridiculous. That game was really poorly advertised in general so it's no surprise the numbers were so low. There does seem to be a noticeable dip in the marketing of the A games. I wonder why that is?

If Ben Te'o is actually playing this weekend that alone would be good reason to go.
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

cormac wrote:Despite the fact the Digital Marketing Executive (great title) confirming to me by e-mail that this Friday's game kicks off at 7:30pm, the website currently shows the game starting at 17:30.
The other two home games are currently scheduled for Fri 28 Nov at 1pm (Camarthen Quins) and Fri 12 Dec at 2.30pm (Plymouth Albion).

They couldn't give less of a shite about marketing the A matches.
A 24 hour clock versus a 12 hour clock clanger perhaps?
With my shifts I find it hard enough to get to the senior games so I've only got to a few of the A's but I'd be seriously pissed off if I arrived 2 hours late for the game,
2 hours early on the other hand would greatly increase their profits on beverage sales!!!! Maybe there's a cunning plan here? :D
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Morf wrote:Dang Friday night training, Saturday morning minis/blitzes and Sunday matches.

Accommodate me better please Leinster Rugby!

Thursday night games still going?
In fairness the branch usually does accommodate most teams. I've never played a game and had it clash with a Leinster or Ireland fixture.

I do regularly miss A games tho cuz of games I'm playing at.

Monday n Wednesday training FTW.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Armchair wrote:Rumour that Ben T is staring A game this week!
knew MOC read this board
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

AdamK wrote:In fairness the branch usually does accommodate most teams. I've never played a game and had it clash with a Leinster or Ireland fixture.

I do regularly miss A games tho cuz of games I'm playing at.

Monday n Wednesday training FTW.
Tuesday and Thursday even!
ormond lad
Graduate

Post by ormond lad »

Donny B. wrote:
ormond lad wrote:
Donny B. wrote:They get small enough crowds for these games even in Donnybrook, mostly player's families and mates and few diehards.

Even the final last season in Donnybrook, when the seniors didn't even have a game that weekend, got a fairly miserable crowd.
But that's reason enough to move. A Leinster team with perhaps on occasion a top player like a current international and some of the best young players will pull crowds in regardless of the opposition
Maybe they could try it but I honestly think you may be overestimating the interest.
Am I? The uniqueness of a Leinster game being played in Navan/Gorey/Kilkenny etc would pull in a significant crowd and certainly better than yet another A game in Donnybrook