European Opponent Watch

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Re: European Opponent Watch

Post by fourthirtythree »

rooster wrote:If you lads can't beat those pair of teams that had a training run last night there is no hope for any Irish sides this year, Castres just wanted to try and keep Quins demo scoring trys and Quins looked like they couldn't score in a brothel except through kicking penalties
A good side could easily win every match in this group.

Remains to be seen is there one of those in it.
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

fourthirtythree wrote:
rooster wrote:If you lads can't beat those pair of teams that had a training run last night there is no hope for any Irish sides this year, Castres just wanted to try and keep Quins demo scoring trys and Quins looked like they couldn't score in a brothel except through kicking penalties

I dunno if it will be as easy as everybody is insinuating, if Quins get some of their players back in the next few weeks then they are well capable of giving us a game with the likes of Care, Brown, Robshaw, Easter & Evans on song. I can't see Wasps really putting it up to us for 80mins tomorrow BUT I could see them being up for it in the Ricoh. As for Castres you just never know what side will show up in France.
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

ichabodscrane wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:

I dunno if it will be as easy as everybody is insinuating, if Quins get some of their players back in the next few weeks then they are well capable of giving us a game with the likes of Care, Brown, Robshaw, Easter & Evans on song. I can't see Wasps really putting it up to us for 80mins tomorrow BUT I could see them being up for it in the Ricoh. As for Castres you just never know what side will show up in France.
After watching our country cousins' close shave today we need to hope the boys are switched on from the start tomorrow. Wasps are a stronger outfit than Sale, so presuming we will win is dangerous.
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

ichabodscrane wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:

bar Frano Botica I think Quinns have a full deck at the moment
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Is it not his younfellah. Mick Botica..... or something. Leslie Botica. Albert Botica? Yerman.
The Anathemata
Knowledgeable

Post by The Anathemata »

Can't believe guys are getting nervous about the likes of Castres - who only ever give it a lash for 30mins in the 1st HEC game, and then cave in after that. Quins are having an awful season in the Prem, and are not going to concentrate on Europe. Same with Wasps - Just a fair to middling bunch of Prem also-rans.

Irrespective of how poor we are currently playing, we should still top the group with ease, and be looking for a home quarter, as I don't think we're capable of beating any of the other top 4 in the ERC away from home, at the moment.
sontaran man
Knowledgeable

Post by sontaran man »

The Anathemata wrote:Can't believe guys are getting nervous about the likes of Castres - who only ever give it a lash for 30mins in the 1st HEC game, and then cave in after that. Quins are having an awful season in the Prem, and are not going to concentrate on Europe. Same with Wasps - Just a fair to middling bunch of Prem also-rans.

Irrespective of how poor we are currently playing, we should still top the group with ease, and be looking for a home quarter, as I don't think we're capable of beating any of the other top 4 in the ERC away from home, at the moment.

thanks just nonsense now
leinster rugby .............The Lion goes from strength to strength
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:Is it not his younfellah. Mick Botica..... or something. Leslie Botica. Albert Botica? Yerman.
Ben Botica

Frano Botica writes a very hypocritical column for a New Zealand Sunday paper
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I knew that I was just taking the pi $$. Frano is his Da though.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

simonokeeffe wrote:
johng wrote:Is it not his younfellah. Mick Botica..... or something. Leslie Botica. Albert Botica? Yerman.
Ben Botica

Frano Botica writes a very hypocritical column for a New Zealand Sunday paper
Missing Ugo Monye too.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

sontaran man wrote:
The Anathemata wrote:Can't believe guys are getting nervous about the likes of Castres - who only ever give it a lash for 30mins in the 1st HEC game, and then cave in after that. Quins are having an awful season in the Prem, and are not going to concentrate on Europe. Same with Wasps - Just a fair to middling bunch of Prem also-rans.

thanks just nonsense now
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

johng wrote:I knew that I was just taking the pi $$. Frano is his Da though.
I know too, was making a Neil Francis joke, good thing I dont tell rugby jokes in real life
claire_m
Shane Jennings

Post by claire_m »

Well that was jolly good! Sorry we couldn't deprive Wasps a losing BP at the end, very uncharacteristic of Mr Evans there!

In all seriousness, it's going to be a cracking battle in December; you'll all get a warm welcome at the stoop and I can't wait to come to the Aviva. There's a lot of rugby to come between now and then, we both will hopefully get some boys back from injury and hopefully not lose any in the AIs.

See you all in December!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

You obviuosly didnt see our away game last season in Castres
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

straight shoot between us and Quinns now for top spot/home quarter final

curious how a Wasps scrum that had been doing so well of late was demolished by a Quinns one that had been doing so poorly especially on TH
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

Can we arrange a collection for a bottle of prosecco for Claire at the palindrome? ;)
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Wasps couldn't get out of their own half for the entire 2nd half (except for one move right at the end). Can't figure out if Quins were really good or Wasps were that bad. If its the former then its going to be a tough back-to-back for us in Dec.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ichabodscrane
Graduate

Post by ichabodscrane »

blockhead wrote:Wasps couldn't get out of their own half for the entire 2nd half (except for one move right at the end). Can't figure out if Quins were really good or Wasps were that bad. If its the former then its going to be a tough back-to-back for us in Dec.
I honestly can't see Harlequins posing us too much of a problem. But what I will say is, if we don't give them the right amount of respect they do possess the personnel to beat us. The likes of Brown, Yarde & Care need to be shut down and put under pressure at source, Evans can be rattled. Up front they have some good experience but I think like us their backrow at the moment is a bit unbalanced with no natural openside.

I'd be confident of two wins, especially if we don't pick up any injuries in the AI's and get everybody (Healy & SOB aside) back in the next few weeks. The very least I would expect is a home win and losing bonus point.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Marler didnt play which makes scrum even odder
Wade gave away decisive try with terrible piece of defending
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

simonokeeffe wrote:Marler didnt play which makes scrum even odder
Wade gave away decisive try with terrible piece of defending
Isn't that the vast majority of his defending though?