Leinster v Wasps

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Leinster v Wasps

Post by johng »

goreyguy wrote:Nope, I want Leinster to win every game. but am realistic enough to see my team has a poor coach.
No fockin way! :shock:

Jaysus you kept that well hidden. :)
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

goreyguy wrote: i dont expect trust but dislike the games its embarrassing.
I'll give you that!
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

johng wrote:
goreyguy wrote:Nope, I want Leinster to win every game. but am realistic enough to see my team has a poor coach.
No fockin way! :shock:

Jaysus you kept that well hidden. :)
:clap: :D
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

fourthirtythree wrote:To be honest with you I would have difficulties with that named team no matter the coach. Schmidt shoehorned Madigan at fullback and teams kicked back to us all day. It didn't work. But we didn't have Kirchner available at the time.
When Schmidt played Madigan at fullback it was a tactical masterstroke. Its perfectly obvious that when O'Connor does so its a tactical gaffe.
I have Bumbleflex
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

blaker wrote:If that is the team, I am probably giving MOC a pass if we lose.

Injuries do eventually nullify the best coaches and right now, with the absentees we have, Schmidt would be focked too
injuries are a problem but leinsters biggest problem is MOC's gameplan not suiting the players available to him.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Dave Cahill wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:To be honest with you I would have difficulties with that named team no matter the coach. Schmidt shoehorned Madigan at fullback and teams kicked back to us all day. It didn't work. But we didn't have Kirchner available at the time.
When Schmidt played Madigan at fullback it was a tactical masterstroke. Its perfectly obvious that when O'Connor does so its a tactical gaffe.
I think the choice he had was Reid, and he did try Reid there too...
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Team is hardly inspiring. Bent at tight head will be targeted and Madigan at FB is never optimal in my view. God injuries are hitting us hard this year.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Did Schmidt have an international capped fullback to play ahead of Madigan?
Also don't remember anyone claiming Madigan at 15 was ever a tactical masterstroke.
Tonic Wine
Bookworm

Post by Tonic Wine »

Dave Cahill wrote:
How many WASPs players would make the Leinster A side?
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

goreyguy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Also don't remember anyone claiming Madigan at 15 was ever a tactical masterstroke.
No, but he did have wingers of Ferg and Isas quality to utilise. If Zane plays FB then McGrath has to start, and he's way too raw to start a European game. It was completely the right call.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

They're not all WASPs in the Wasps team you know don't you?
sontaran man
Knowledgeable

Post by sontaran man »

+1 and people have a right to air their concerns about MOC.
I dont expect leinster to win but I hope that they do.
We have played 2 decent sides this year and been found wanting both times.
We have been abject again Munster and Connacht. When we have won we have been poor (see last year).
leinster rugby .............The Lion goes from strength to strength
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

different team named

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugb...up/lineups.php

15. Rob Kearney; 14. Zane Kirchner, 13. Gordon D'Arcy, 12. Ian Madigan, 11. Darragh Fanning; 10. Jimmy Gopperth, 9. Eoin Reddan; 1. Jack McGrath, 2. Sean Cronin, 3. Mike Ross, 4. Mike McCarthy, 5. Devin Toner, 6. Rhys Ruddock, 7. Dominic Ryan, 8. Jamie Heaslip (c)

16. Richardt Strauss, 17. Michael Bent, 18. Tadhg Furlong, 19. Kane Douglas, 20. Jack Conan, 21. Isaac Boss, 22. Noel Reid, 23. Mick McGrath
blaker
Enlightened

Post by blaker »

goreyguy wrote:

Injuries do eventually nullify the best coaches and right now, with the absentees we have, Schmidt would be focked too
injuries are a problem but leinsters biggest problem is MOC's gameplan not suiting the players available to him.
You know, you and I agree on MOC. I'd prefer another coach and I think he is not the man for us.
We get your strident views, we do. They're valid and clearly borne of concern for the team.
But honestly, can you look at a given situation on its merits? Not every little thing in the world is MOC's fault. Its actually quite impressive how you swing everything back that way regardless of context.
Leinster jersey on the Great Wall of China.The Mongolians couldn't breach it but the Blues did!
colster
Knowledgeable

Post by colster »

goreyguy wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
Who would you play on the wing if Kirchner plays FB? McGrath's cameo against Munster didn't inspire much confidence. Luke is only back from and injury then we're into the academy.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

goreyguy wrote:different team named

15. Rob Kearney; 14. Zane Kirchner, 13. Gordon D'Arcy, 12. Ian Madigan, 11. Darragh Fanning; 10. Jimmy Gopperth, 9. Eoin Reddan; 1. Jack McGrath, 2. Sean Cronin, 3. Mike Ross, 4. Mike McCarthy, 5. Devin Toner, 6. Rhys Ruddock, 7. Dominic Ryan, 8. Jamie Heaslip (c)

16. Richardt Strauss, 17. Michael Bent, 18. Tadhg Furlong, 19. Kane Douglas, 20. Jack Conan, 21. Isaac Boss, 22. Noel Reid, 23. Mick McGrath
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

blaker wrote:
goreyguy wrote:

You know, you and I agree on MOC. I'd prefer another coach and I think he is not the man for us.
We get your strident views, we do. They're valid and clearly borne of concern for the team.
But honestly, can you look at a given situation on its merits? Not every little thing in the world is MOC's fault. Its actually quite impressive how you swing everything back that way regardless of context.
Leinsters biggest problem is MOC, if we lose at the weekend he will get a pass from some because of the injuries but that will fail to address the underlying problem at leinster for the last 12 months and thats the coach and his gameplan.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

fourthirtythree wrote:

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... ineups.php that works for me.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

colster wrote: Luke is only back from and injury then we're into the academy.
None of whom are in the European Squad. Neither is Coughlan -Murray.

The only other fit outside backs are Macken and Te'o
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

goreyguy wrote:
fourthirtythree wrote:

http://www.epcrugby.com/europeanrugbych ... ineups.php that works for me.
WT actual F.

Silly buggers on a stick.