Leinster v Wasps

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster v Wasps

Post by paddyor »

outcast eddie wrote:
StrangeButBlue wrote:Will this be the first ever Leinster match covered live on BT sports?
It may well be.

I like BT's coverage, the pre-game wandering around chatting to players doing a warm up is a nice touch and I also like the way they talk to coaching people mid-game to get their thoughts on how the game is going.

BOD special on BT this week, Wednesday 9pm for those unaware.

He's also one of BTs commentators for the game so should be good.
All seems a bit pointless to me.

Interview: So your losing, how wil you turn it around?
Response: Yeah, we'll need to turn things around, play a bit better and score more points than them!

Or

Interview: So your winning how will you keep it/what will you say to the players at half time?
Response: Yeah, we need to keep the things we're doing well now and score more points than them!
simonokeefe wrote:just watched highlights from Wasps Bath, penalty try wasnt a pushover and only scrum shown (towards end) was Bath demolishing Wasps, more good news for Jack McGrath
Wasps were very much on top in the scrum in the first half and right up until I stopped watching around 50mins. Bath subbed Wilson after he got carded so maybe that improved things.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

baaba maal wrote:I have to say I find BT's coverage cringeworthy. The "banter" between Healy and Bayfield/Kay etc being particularly awful. Craig Doyle needs no further comment.
Doyle is actually only the second most annoying person on the BT Sport coverage for me. I have developed an allergy to Matt Dawson on commentary. I think it stemmed from the day where his entire contribution was a string of questions to his co-commentator about what was happening. It's better for my blood pressure to hit the mute button.

I do like Kay, and Healey can actually be very good when he isn't acting like a 6 year old. Unfortunately that isn't as often as one might wish.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

simonokeeffe wrote:just watched highlights from Wasps Bath, penalty try wasnt a pushover and only scrum shown (towards end) was Bath demolishing Wasps, more good news for Jack McGrath
Wasps scrum was massively on top until they subbed their props in the second half.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

cormac wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:just watched highlights from Wasps Bath, penalty try wasnt a pushover and only scrum shown (towards end) was Bath demolishing Wasps, more good news for Jack McGrath
Wasps scrum was massively on top until they subbed their props in the second half.
ok, being down a forward/prop wouldve made a difference to that though

at worst at least we know their sub props not up to much
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Not a fan of the in game interviewing etc myself. Not just because its inane, but don't think players or coaches should be disturbed when preparing for a game or during it. You build up all week for a game and then have reporters running around amongst the warm up? F&@k off!
kingtiger
Beginner

Post by kingtiger »

testing my broadcast for the weekend (BT Rugby show)

http://kingtigerrugby.weebly.com/

1043e6a073ac39eb7c1c903899f158ca82a6f607
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Not a fan of the in game interviewing etc myself. Not just because its inane, but don't think players or coaches should be disturbed when preparing for a game or during it. You build up all week for a game and then have reporters running around amongst the warm up? F&@k off!
Yeah waste of time.
Jackman spoke about it recently on radio and how in France they mic up the dressing rooms and on Monady night have a show where they discuss the game plans. Pre game and half time I'd watch that
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

cormac wrote:
Yeah, Wasps were murdering Bath in the scrum till Cittadini, their tighthead, came off after 60 mins.

Wasps have a very good pack. They beat Bath well up front even without Joe Launchbury, who pulled out just before kick off having been involved in a minor car accident on his way to the game.

Wasps are no walkover and with our current injury list this game is going to be very competitive. They have real pace at scrum half and on both wings. They do have Andy Goode at 10 though. He's still spoofing all these years later.

Craig Doyle is embarrassing. He made some comment recently about not feeling Irish anymore. Maybe it was taken out of context.

Also. he threw a hissy fit on Twitter recently and closed down his account only to calm down and reactivate it a couple if hours later. :lol:
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

cwebber82 wrote:
cormac wrote:
Yeah, Wasps were murdering Bath in the scrum till Cittadini, their tighthead, came off after 60 mins.

Wasps have a very good pack. They beat Bath well up front even without Joe Launchbury, who pulled out just before kick off having been involved in a minor car accident on his way to the game.

Wasps are no walkover and with our current injury list this game is going to be very competitive. They have real pace at scrum half and on both wings. They do have Andy Goode at 10 though. He's still spoofing all these years later.

Craig Doyle is embarrassing. He made some comment recently about not feeling Irish anymore. Maybe it was taken out of context.

Also. he threw a hissy fit on Twitter recently and closed down his account only to calm down and reactivate it a couple if hours later. :lol:
Well he does tune in to hear Brenda's speech on Christmas Day (he seems to think we all do though - fuggin' muppet)
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Imperial Mongoonybus
Knowledgeable

Post by Imperial Mongoonybus »

Sarra gives me the horn.
Last edited by Imperial Mongoonybus on October 13th, 2014, 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

cwebber82 wrote: Craig Doyle is embarrassing. He made some comment recently about not feeling Irish anymore. Maybe it was taken out of context.

. :lol:
Surely that means we can not bother feeling embarrassed about him any more?

Same with "sir" Geldof and his Union Jack waving, let's keep the family together antics.

To be honest I can't think of a team we might face that doesn't worry me these days.
StrangeButBlue
Enlightened

Post by StrangeButBlue »

fourthirtythree wrote:
cwebber82 wrote: Craig Doyle is embarrassing. He made some comment recently about not feeling Irish anymore. Maybe it was taken out of context.

Same with "sir" Geldof and his Union Jack waving, let's keep the family together antics.

To be honest I can't think of a team we might face that doesn't worry me these days.
Can't let Saint Bob be painted with the same brush as the smarm bucket, the fine art of surfacing alone should be enough to rest my case.
A closed mouth gathers no feet.
cwebber82
Knowledgeable

Post by cwebber82 »

fourthirtythree wrote:

Agreed. Even with our injury list we can still field a very good team but MOC's rugby philosophy handicaps us.

Just checked the match odds on Paddypower. Leinster are 1/9 to beat Wasps and the handicap is 13 points. Hope they are right but think it will be far closer.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

cwebber82 wrote:

Agreed. Even with our injury list we can still field a very good team but MOC's rugby philosophy handicaps us.

Just checked the match odds on Paddypower. Leinster are 1/9 to beat Wasps and the handicap is 13 points. Hope they are right but think it will be far closer.
That's a relief. I love being favourites. Hate being on the wrong end of the odds.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

kingtiger wrote:Hi I generally post over in Munsterfans as being a Munster supporter :) I am also an Irish rugby fan and like to help out Rugby fans that can't see their team play

I will be broadcasting all Cup matches next weekend on Acestream at 2000Kbs, is it okay to post the ID here on Friday evening? for anyone that is interested
Thanks!
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

StrangeButBlue wrote:
Can't let Saint Bob be painted with the same brush as the smarm bucket, the fine art of surfacing alone should be enough to rest my case.
Magic that, best I've ever done
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
odyboody
Knowledgeable

Post by odyboody »

Has anybody received their tickets for the match yet?
DartVader
Bookworm

Post by DartVader »

neiliog93 wrote:
kingtiger wrote:Hi I generally post over in Munsterfans as being a Munster supporter :) I am also an Irish rugby fan and like to help out Rugby fans that can't see their team play

I will be broadcasting all Cup matches next weekend on Acestream at 2000Kbs, is it okay to post the ID here on Friday evening? for anyone that is interested
Thanks!
Is that a windows only based setup or for Mac too? Not too well up on this stuff but could be great as I'm on hole for one of the cup games.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

DartVader wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:

Thanks!
Is that a windows only based setup or for Mac too? Not too well up on this stuff but could be great as I'm on hole for one of the cup games.
Owtsch! Sounds awful...
kingtiger
Beginner

Post by kingtiger »

DartVader wrote:Is that a windows only based setup or for Mac too? Not too well up on this stuff but could be great as I'm on hole for one of the cup games.
no Acestream is not available on Mac, you could try "winebottler" as it emulates Windows applications and Ace may work but couldn't say for sure