A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

jordanracer
Knowledgeable

Re: Leinster v Wasps

Post by jordanracer »

DartVader wrote:
neiliog93 wrote:
kingtiger wrote:Hi I generally post over in Munsterfans as being a Munster supporter :) I am also an Irish rugby fan and like to help out Rugby fans that can't see their team play

I will be broadcasting all Cup matches next weekend on Acestream at 2000Kbs, is it okay to post the ID here on Friday evening? for anyone that is interested
Thanks!
Is that a windows only based setup or for Mac too? Not too well up on this stuff but could be great as I'm on hole for one of the cup games.
according to this it also works on Mac http://www.wiziwig.tv/softwareitem.php?softwareid=28
kingtiger
Beginner

Post by kingtiger »

jordanracer wrote:according to this it also works on Mac http://www.wiziwig.tv/softwareitem.php?softwareid=28

hmmm not to sure about that one, where is the installation media listed for Mac?
jordanracer
Knowledgeable

Post by jordanracer »

It mentions mac here
The basic core of Ace Stream System is a specialized software (Ace Stream HD / TS Engine), developed as a client application software for Windows, Mac, Linux/Ubuntu, Android, Apple iOS, etc. (Prior to release 1.0.6, only the version for Windows will be available for the installation).
kingtiger
Beginner

Post by kingtiger »

jordanracer wrote:It mentions mac here

it might mention it but a stable Mac version has yet to be released, there is a few workarounds like using Virtualbox or winebottler both using windows emulation on OSX

http://forum.wiziwig.eu/threads/87110-M ... am-2-1-5-3
jordanracer
Knowledgeable

Post by jordanracer »

Grand,

I bow to your superior knowledge!,

Thanks for taking the trouble to inform us about the availabilty of your stream.

Have used Ace Stream for previous matches and think it is by far the fastest and most reliable stream option available.
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Speaking of streaming.. anyone know if a decent 3G/4G signal will be enough to stream BT sport while travelling? I'm hoping to catch the 2nd half on my phone..
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

After the last few games, I hope to stay awake for the 2nd half
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I can see Gopperth and Madigan both starting here.

Reckon we might a performance more in line with Ospreys away last season in terms of kicking 'contestables' from our own half, given our proposed back three is RK, ZK and Fanning and theirs is likely Masi, Tagicakibau/Varndell, Wade, it could be fruitful.

Their pack, particularly 4-8 has been performing well though. Our lineout & scrum will need to go well.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Our performance at ospreys was about having sob, cronin and heaslip carrying more than anything. We need to go after wasps from the off and start quickly as if they score early we will be under huge pressure. Agree bout the aerial duel but want to see ball in hand instead of ball in air.
HUDSOC
Knowledgeable

Post by HUDSOC »

carlow man wrote:Our performance at ospreys was about having sob, cronin and heaslip carrying more than anything. We need to go after wasps from the off and start quickly as if they score early we will be under huge pressure. Agree bout the aerial duel but want to see ball in hand instead of ball in air.
Quite agree - this is Leinster and it should be about keeping the ball in hand.The simple solution is to play Madigan at 10 but along with an earlier poster I fear this will not happen.We (or more to the point MOC) doesn't seem to have learnt much from the last game we played in Europe - the ill-fated game against Toulon.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

HUDSOC wrote:
carlow man wrote:Our performance at ospreys was about having sob, cronin and heaslip carrying more than anything. We need to go after wasps from the off and start quickly as if they score early we will be under huge pressure. Agree bout the aerial duel but want to see ball in hand instead of ball in air.
Quite agree - this is Leinster and it should be about keeping the ball in hand.The simple solution is to play Madigan at 10 but along with an earlier poster I fear this will not happen.We (or more to the point MOC) doesn't seem to have learnt much from the last game we played in Europe - the ill-fated game against Toulon.
We signed Te'o in the summer....after our last European game.

There's nothing wrong with not having the ball. I'd be quite happy to do to wasps what we did to SF in the amlin final.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

That's Bollix Hudsoc, we play to win. If the Cheika era thought us anything it's that we are playing too much ball in hand, in the wrong areas of the pitch and without the ability to break through well drilled defences. If there ever was a team that need to kick the ball it's us.
Running the ball is great, but if we've no kicking game and we're struggling to break through defenses the oppo will keep us pinned in our own half all day.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Why should it be one or the other? Think that's part of our problem tbh. Wade and Varndell (if he starts) are so poor at covering kicks that I'm happy for us to target them in that way, but they're just as bad, if not worse, at making defensive reads as well as their tackles.

What we totally lacked against Munster was quick ball and penetration around the rucks. To borrow an oft used phrase from my coaches down the years, we just shovelled sh%t. Reddan needs to be feeding pop passes to McGrath, Ruddock and Cronin. Then move the ball quickly to isolate the wingers.

But even if it works it's not like we can do that for 80 minutes. Mainly off slow ball is when we should still target them with kicks. Given how we've been playing, there'll be plenty of opportunities for that. We need to get inside their heads, variety is the key to that IMO.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Agree that there are times when we need a kicking game but not after 5 mins into a game where we start sending up Garryowens esp when we don't have the players to contest them. There are times when we just need to clear our lines but not when we are near the halfway line. Schmidt showed us that u can win trophies and run the ball rather than kick for territory and pin teams down. That's munster type rugby not leinster. We all want to win but at the moment we are winning and losing games and it's cr@p to watch. End of.
kingtiger
Beginner

Post by kingtiger »

Streaming the Irish soccer match if anyone wants to test ahead of the weekend

good internet connection required as its at 2000Kbit/s

http://kingtigerrugby.weebly.com/

1043e6a073ac39eb7c1c903899f158ca82a6f607
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

HUDSOC wrote: Quite agree - this is Leinster and it should be about keeping the ball in hand.
carlow man wrote: That's munster type rugby not leinster.

This sort of mindless snobbish nonsense really makes me laugh.

There's been a huge amount of it in the last year or so.

We don't have a monopoly on back play, we didn't play and all singing dancing game with St Joe.

We play to win, and should cut our cloth to do that.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

It's not snobbish. Leinster have always tried to play with ball in hand and munster have usually played for territory. I just want to see us run the ball rather than this aimless kicking that seems to be the tactics under moc. Fact is schmidt was able to come up with some great backline moves and moc hasn't come up with any yet. Maybe we were very lucky to have Joe and now we have a coach who doesn't have the same philosophy that we got used to seeing.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

No one wants f%~king aimless kicking. But you can't exclude kicking as a tactic.
Daniel Sullivan
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

I didn't say that. Just get the impression that our coach thinks thats our best option most of the time. Sending up and unders that rarely come off. If our tens don't have a great kicking game then why persist with it? Maybe concentrate on what we usually do well which is run it. Tactical kicking is something that has to happen when it's required. As in putting kicks in the corners to put pressure on and keeping teams penned in their 22. I just think with the players we have, we can still cause problems if we keep hold of the ball, stay patient and hold on to it rather than kick it.
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Fanj 's kicking has actually been ok and we generally get to contest for possession. But there is a lot more to kicking than pressure clearances and going for the corner.
Daniel Sullivan