Can Leinster afford not to sack MOC

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

All Blacks nil
Mullet

Can Leinster afford not to sack MOC

Post by All Blacks nil »

Can you imagine the grief if Leinster actually start losing matches?

Aviva pre Christmas European tickets sold in the last 4 years.

11-12 46,365
12-13 48,964
13-14 47,370
14-15 38,500 (an uncanny round number)

9,000-10,000 have deserted the cause already. They couldn't stand winning ugly. i'd hate to see how many desert Leinster if they start losing ugly.

Outside of the obvious rugby reasons, there are 10,000 x E20 reasons MOC should go.
Just as the FAI couldn't afford to keep Trappatoni, Leinster can't afford to keep MOC.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Can Leinster afford not to sack MOC

Post by johng »

Perfect. Another of these threads. :roll: How many is enough?

At least this one is by a Munster fan on the Wum.
ratpack
Mullet

Post by ratpack »

Mods can we get this thread closed, it's just rehashing the same old arguments that are to be found on numerous other MOC Out style threads.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

ratpack wrote:Mods can we get this thread closed, it's just rehashing the same old arguments that are to be found on numerous other MOC Out style threads.
Agree with above, but to answer the OP ................of course we can afford it, we're loaded.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

ratpack wrote:Mods can we get this thread closed, it's just rehashing the same old arguments that are to be found on numerous other MOC Out style threads.
I agree that there are plenty of threads relating to people's desire to see MOC gone.

However whereas those threads concentrate on his perceived ineptitude as a coach and the perceived style of play he is striving to implement, this thread concentrates SOLELY on the potentially negative financial effect of retaining MOC.

For that reason, I feel the mods should allow the discussion develop and allow the thread to continue.

Other club's finances have filled page upon page with no attempted censorship (why should there be) and I see no reasonable reason not to discuss this matter.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

All Blacks nil wrote:However whereas those threads concentrate on his perceived ineptitude as a coach and the perceived style of play he is striving to implement, this thread concentrates SOLELY on the potentially negative financial effect of retaining MOC.
Stating a link does not prove the link. The thread is dependent on one MASSIVE assumption.

Can you prove, or offer any evidence at all, that MOC is to blame for the ticket sales you've listed? Have you considered any other factors that could have impacted on ticket sales for one annual fixture? By the same Logic I presume you believe that Axel should be fired from his position in Munsterland?

If you are going to WUM, at least make an effort to do it well.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Enough of this shite.

Current league champions now sitting in 5th place with plenty of time and opportunity to make the play offs, again. Still in the hunt in Europe, European Qfs last season - and you suggest sacking the coach?????

Game plan is not right, where have the off loads and turn overs gone? Can MOC afford not to sack the conservative game plan? fair enough
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

olaf the fat wrote:Enough of this shite.

Current league champions now sitting in 5th place with plenty of time and opportunity to make the play offs, again. Still in the hunt in Europe, European Qfs last season - and you suggest sacking the coach?????

Game plan is not right, where have the off loads and turn overs gone? Can MOC afford not to sack the conservative game plan? fair enough
:clap:
Flying wedge
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

olaf the fat wrote:Enough of this shite.

That's fair comment.

Although the 10,000 who weren't there on Saturday night have already made their judgement. )

As you say, in a prime position to qualify for the European knockout stages, close enough in the league (better position than last year if memory serves me right) to not only make the playoffs but also like last year, to top the standings, yet 10,000 of the 12 county army have fallen by the wayside.

Ulster are out of Europe and both Munster and Leinster are in danger of their last home pool matches being dead rubbers for possibly the first time this century.
Leinster v Castres and Munster v Sale, with nothing at stake.
Shudder the thought!!!!
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Logorrhea wrote:
All Blacks nil wrote:However whereas those threads concentrate on his perceived ineptitude as a coach and the perceived style of play he is striving to implement, this thread concentrates SOLELY on the potentially negative financial effect of retaining MOC.
Stating a link does not prove the link. The thread is dependent on one MASSIVE assumption.

Can you prove, or offer any evidence at all, that MOC is to blame for the ticket sales you've listed? Have you considered any other factors that could have impacted on ticket sales for one annual fixture? By the same Logic I presume you believe that Axel should be fired from his position in Munsterland?

X-Factor final
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

All Blacks nil wrote:X-Factor final
Meh ....... your not worth the bother.
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

I'd imagine that many tickets were not taken up by families that would otherwise have gone had it been a 5 or 6pm kick off. Lots of people who might go along to the odd match would have had other commitments. I was offered 3 tickets on the day because people couldn't go for various reasons, none of which were Leisnter's style of rugby or their coach.
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

Edna Kenny wrote:I'd imagine that many tickets were not taken up by families that would otherwise have gone had it been a 5 or 6pm kick off.
Bingo! Kick off time has a massive influence when you're bringing kids.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
berniemac67
Mullet

Post by berniemac67 »

Logorrhea wrote:

a rush of pre-christmas first communions, innit?
Declan Kidney is a incompetent, inept, provincially biased rugby dinosaur who is unfit to coach the Irish team.

(c) 2012 Dave Cahill
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Yep
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles