Pre-Season 15/16

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Re: Pre-Season 15/16

Post by johng »

Morkeshing in general has dis-improved hugely in the last few years. Complacency? Not caring about their fans?

More effort needed. Especially if they want to fill a new 25000 seater.
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

johng wrote:Morkeshing in general has dis-improved hugely in the last few years. Complacency? Not caring about their fans?

There has been a noticeable shift away from including the fans as important stakeholders to just concentrating on promoting & keeping sponsors happy. SocMed has improved but only as the industry & medium itself has developed into a required promotional tool.

I still don't know what gift or bonus I got for renewing the ST, I think it was a discount for a game I'm already going to get a ticket for?

The big headache on the horizon will be how to manage season ticket holders during the phased redevelopment of the RDS. They're going to need to get fans onside and be extra nice when blocks of customers who have seen huge % increases in their ticket prices are asked to scatter to the 4 corners of the ground to accommodate the builders.
Get in the f%~king bag.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Slipper1 wrote:
johng wrote:Morkeshing in general has dis-improved hugely in the last few years. Complacency? Not caring about their fans?

There has been a noticeable shift away from including the fans as important stakeholders to just concentrating on promoting & keeping sponsors happy. SocMed has improved but only as the industry & medium itself has developed into a required promotional tool.

I still don't know what gift or bonus I got for renewing the ST, I think it was a discount for a game I'm already going to get a ticket for?

The big headache on the horizon will be how to manage season ticket holders during the phased redevelopment of the RDS. They're going to need to get fans onside and be extra nice when blocks of customers who have seen huge % increases in their ticket prices are asked to scatter to the 4 corners of the ground to accommodate the builders.
I have Bumbleflex
Slipper1
Rob Kearney

Post by Slipper1 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Very true, I would have thought the money from 13000 ST holders every year is important too though.
Get in the f%~king bag.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I doubt we will see the dizzy heights of 13000 this season.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Well it was 10k a few months ago, surely they'll eek out another 1 or 2k with a final push around the RWC... and if Ireland do well, touch wood, that will also drive sales.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Slipper1 wrote:

When we had to vacate the main stand at Ravenhill we got the choice of either end at our old seat price for the season with the provision we would get back as near as possible to same location last season with the price held, there was not much option if you wanted to retain your old spot or for that matter any spot in the new main stand as it dropped slightly in capacity.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Slipper1 wrote: I still don't know what gift or bonus I got for renewing the ST, I think it was a discount for a game I'm already going to get a ticket for?

The new Season Ticket holder gift pack contains:
•Leinster scarf
•Leinster flag
•Shopper bag
•Hand warmer
•'My Stuff' bag
•Gloss laminated memorabilia box

http://www.leinsterrugby.ie/news/13708.php#.Va0a87FONAg
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

a my stuff bag appears to be a wash bag for anyone who doesnt work in morketing
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Dubmon
Beginner

Post by Dubmon »

So, Moseley as a pre season friendly. I wonder is the logic to avoid a morale sapping beating at home given the depleted team.
Dubmon
Beginner

Post by Dubmon »

So, Moseley as a pre season friendly. I wonder is the logic to avoid a morale sapping beating at home given the depleted team.
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

Less than impressive end to last season, uninspiring off season, very little good news from pre-season! Beginning to worry about the new season ahead!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dubmon wrote:So, Moseley as a pre season friendly. I wonder is the logic to avoid a morale sapping beating at home given the depleted team.
probably more a case of we're missing 20 or so players to the world cup, no point playing an English team missing 4 or 5
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Dubmon wrote:So, Moseley as a pre season friendly. I wonder is the logic to avoid a morale sapping beating at home given the depleted team.
Would it not be better to play a couple AIL sides around the province?
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Slipper1 wrote:

So why do sponsors buy sponsorship deals with clubs like Leinster? Because they want to drive affinity to the brand they sell by creating an association with the supporters. In this case, the branch shouldn’t matter, the OLSC should go straight to the sponsors explaining the benefit they can offer to the brand BOI, Powerade, Guinness etc and in return the sponsors invest in fan programmes. You remember the early days we didn’t pay for buses to Belfast we dealt directly with the sponsor and got free beer on the way to the Ulster game, similarly we got drums and Bodhrans and amazing player evenings because the sponsor understood the benefit that they would get from that. You look at a damaged brand like BOI which have huge marketing budgets and how they are trying to rebuild trust, credibility and community and you’ve got to say they’re ripe for an approach. If the branch don’t want to play ball, bypass them.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

jimbobjoe wrote:
Would it not be better to play a couple AIL sides around the province?
That would be a great idea Leinster had Lansdowne, Clontarf & Terenure in the top 4 of the AIL last year surely would be a great PR and a great spectacle. Even having 2 Leinster teams play an AIL league game as a curtain raiser to a Pro-12 match would be a great idea
Vamos los azules
Mullet

Post by Vamos los azules »

simonokeeffe wrote:
probably more a case of we're missing 20 or so players to the world cup, no point playing an English team missing 4 or 5
Premiership sides are doing their own thing this season with their delayed start due to the World Cup so it was only going to be Championship sides in terms of English opposition available. The Premiership sides have been grouped off into 3 or 4 mini tournaments (vaguely regionally, although Leicester have been classed as the North!) as their pre-season.
"You can’t defend like the boss one week and the cookie man the next".
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Vamos los azules wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:
Premiership sides are doing their own thing this season with their delayed start due to the World Cup so it was only going to be Championship sides in terms of English opposition available. The Premiership sides have been grouped off into 3 or 4 mini tournaments (vaguely regionally, although Leicester have been classed as the North!) as their pre-season.
they just keep getting eliter and eliter
dingodublin
Beginner

Post by dingodublin »

I thought as part of the deal to renew our season tickets, there was going to be a home friendly for the season ticket holders to go to without having to purchase a ticket?
I have the simplest of tastes, I only want the best!
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

dingodublin wrote:I thought as part of the deal to renew our season tickets, there was going to be a home friendly for the season ticket holders to go to without having to purchase a ticket?
Never was before.