Pre-Season 15/16

Post by neill_m »

Playing Ulster at Ravenhill on Friday 21st August 19:30 kick off
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Pre-Season 15/16

Post by Donny B. »

neill_m wrote:Playing Ulster at Ravenhill on Friday 21st August 19:30 kick off
I presume we'll play a home friendly the following weekend but they don't seem to be in any great rush to announce who it is.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Donny B. wrote:
I presume we'll play a home friendly the following weekend but they don't seem to be in any great rush to announce who it is.
they aren't in a great rush to cover anything about the team.

website is effectively dead, complete lack of content being produced.
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

goreyguy wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

The PR people must be pitching in with the coaching
Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

goreyguy wrote:
Donny B. wrote:

It is very dissapointing the lack of decent content on their website, very poor from such a large orginisation with PR people all over the shop in there
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Website has always been poor. For a team like Leinster there should be a lot more content even on the off season.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Fireworks wrote:Website has always been poor. For a team like Leinster there should be a lot more content even on the off season.
Agree. Always thought it was a Mickey Mouse website. There never seems to be anything interesting on it. Eventually stopped giving them hits.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Fireworks wrote:Website has always been poor. For a team like Leinster there should be a lot more content even on the off season.
it's not even the off season anymore.. the munster website is miles better
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

What exactly should they be producing? Their twitter is constantly being updated and getting news out and that's certainly enough for me. It's not a newspaper, there's no onus to create things for your enjoyment just because you're bored.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

theres an argument the social media stuff is more important/relevant
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:What exactly should they be producing? Their twitter is constantly being updated and getting news out and that's certainly enough for me. It's not a newspaper, there's no onus to create things for your enjoyment just because you're bored.
Look at the online content that the munster & ulster websites produce for the fans and compare it to the leinster website.
There is much more content and it's much better - exclusive player/coach interviews, underage rugby content, academy content, picture galleries, youtube videos etc.

I don't see how anyone could claim the leinster website/online social media is anywhere near good enough, it's easily the worst of the provinces.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

How valuable and insightful are those interviews though?

"Hi Leo, are you looking forward to the new season?"

"Thank god you asked me that because I actually am."

That's the kind of shite you'd get and it's bad enough that proper journalists have to scrape the barrel and produce it without getting official lines on it too.

And now often would you look at picture galleries FFS? Even though I couldn't give a toss about something like that I actually have seen loads of photos from the kids' summer camps and Leinster training on twitter and Instagram. It's all out there if you want it but really don't know why you'd care about it.

I vaguely remember there being an issue with not updating the fixtures for the A team last season and the lack of highlights videos for the A team was disappointing, but wouldn't see any big problem outside of that and especially not now in the quietest part of the year.
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Look at the Mike Sherry interview just posted by Munster, stuff like that wouldn't be of interest?
Some people may not be interested but the website is dead apart from the odd news piece and them pushing season tickets.
Personally i don't think that's good enough.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Read all about it - GOREYGUY IN I DON'T THINK LEINSTER DID SOMETHING GOOD ENOUGH SHOCKER :lol:
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

Well for one they could do up highlight reels, best try, biggest hit of the season that sort of thing, release it over the summer, they could also film segments of training, gym work, do "day in the life of a Leinster player", all of which provide ample opportunity for sponsor plugs, increased traffic thus more fans, more hits more revenue..... Look at the NFL, constantly churning out content and marketing themselves, they could run a hard knocks style program 10/15 mins of a weeks worth of accumulated footage, there are loads of marketing grads, film and editing grads who could do this stuff for a pittance but really high quality. If you look at the way domestic(AIL) rugby is "marketed"(as in very poorly) and run, Leinster clearly stem from that mindset.
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
yellabelly1961
Knowledgeable

Post by yellabelly1961 »

I'd be happy to find out when the first home game of the league is!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

leinster4life13 wrote:Well for one they could do up highlight reels, best try, biggest hit of the season that sort of thing, release it over the summer, they could also film segments of training, gym work, do "day in the life of a Leinster player", all of which provide ample opportunity for sponsor plugs, increased traffic thus more fans, more hits more revenue..... Look at the NFL, constantly churning out content and marketing themselves, they could run a hard knocks style program 10/15 mins of a weeks worth of accumulated footage, there are loads of marketing grads, film and editing grads who could do this stuff for a pittance but really high quality. If you look at the way domestic(AIL) rugby is "marketed"(as in very poorly) and run, Leinster clearly stem from that mindset.
Whilst I'm sure they could do some of this and wouldn't have an issue if they did, it also sounds like a complete waste of time.

As long as they focus on getting the important things right then I really don't care about the hype around it. I never visit the website myself but that's because of the way the world has gone. There isn't actually a proper website that I ever visit regularly, YouTube would be about the only one. The rest are forums, apps, and social media. To my mind Leinster do a pretty good job in that regard.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

leinster4life13 wrote:Well for one they could do up highlight reels, best try, biggest hit of the season that sort of thing, release it over the summer, they could also film segments of training, gym work, do "day in the life of a Leinster player", all of which provide ample opportunity for sponsor plugs, increased traffic thus more fans, more hits more revenue..... Look at the NFL, constantly churning out content and marketing themselves, they could run a hard knocks style program 10/15 mins of a weeks worth of accumulated footage, there are loads of marketing grads, film and editing grads who could do this stuff for a pittance but really high quality. If you look at the way domestic(AIL) rugby is "marketed"(as in very poorly) and run, Leinster clearly stem from that mindset.
Highlight reel might have been too short to justify production costs
leinster4life13
Mullet

Post by leinster4life13 »

All Blacks nil wrote:
Highlight reel might have been too short to justify production costs
The Harry Vermass fanclub

Heroes: David Knox, Carlos Spencer, Marc Lieveremont, Ian Madigan.

Villains: Kidney, O'Gara, Phillpe St Andre, Laporte, Cork Con Mafia,Matt O'Connor.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Read all about it - GOREYGUY IN I DON'T THINK LEINSTER DID SOMETHING GOOD ENOUGH SHOCKER :lol:
I agree with him. The website has been as stale as old milk over the last while.

The Irish website is disappointing too – they've included a Sevens section for players [source: http://www.irishrugby.ie/rugby/fixtures ... men_7s.php ] and matches [source: http://www.irishrugby.ie/rugby/fixtures ... &team=4039 ], but bar the scoreline, they have no actual information – who started, who was in the squad, who scored tries etc. It's piss poor work given that the last of these matches took place on 21 June, i.e. more than three weeks ago.