Kane Douglas looking to go home

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Kane Douglas looking to go home

Post by Dave Cahill »

We still need a lock though - not much point having however much compo we got if we don't spend it - and well
I have Bumbleflex
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Bails is flying out from Dublin Airport as we speak with a suitcase full of cash looking for

1 Brad Thorn
2 Bakkies Botha
3 Ali Williams

in that order.

Surely one of them won't be able to resist the "one last job" from every jewel thief movie ever!
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Donny B. wrote:Bails is flying out from Dublin Airport as we speak with a suitcase full of cash looking for

1 Brad Thorn
2 Bakkies Botha
3 Ali Williams

in that order.

Surely one of them won't be able to resist the "one last job" from every jewel thief movie ever!
Bet he comes back with Owen Finegan.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Neil Francis, Bryce Williams, Adam Byrnes, Owen Finnegan, Ed O'Donoghue, Stephen Sykes, Kane Douglas; what is it with us and second row flops?

could even argue Denton and Roux were flops too

BRAINWAVE we could use the Douglas compo as compo for somebody on an ITM or Currie Cup (or Japanese) contract
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Flash Gordon wrote:
Donny B. wrote:Bails is flying out from Dublin Airport as we speak with a suitcase full of cash looking for

1 Brad Thorn
2 Bakkies Botha
3 Ali Williams

in that order.

En route to the land of the rising sun, with a case full of moola.

My Doctor friend has tipped me off that there is a Japenese U17 second row available, from late August. Apparently he destroyed every line out in the recent Under 17 Pan Asian tournament and is somebody we could do with? He is hoping to study English and play a bit of rugby, so hopefully we can sign him for a suitcase full of Yen.

The Doc knows his father. They studied in Tokyo many years ago, and are in the same kareoke club to this day.
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

bails wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

1 Brad Thorn
2 Bakkies Botha
3 Ali Williams

in that order.

En route to the land of the rising sun, with a case full of moola.

My Doctor friend has tipped me off that there is a Japenese U17 second row available, from late August. Apparently he destroyed every line out in the recent Under 17 Pan Asian tournament and is somebody we could do with? He is hoping to study English and play a bit of rugby, so hopefully we can sign him for a suitcase full of Yen.

The Doc knows his father. They studied in Tokyo many years ago, and are in the same kareoke club to this day.
Called Sighandarahh by any chance ?.
Flying wedge
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

The move down-under has paid off for Kane as he's made the Aussie Squad for the World Cup:

Australia squad for the 2015 Rugby World Cup -

Forwards: S Moore, T Polota-Nau, G Holmes, S Kepu, S Sio, J Slipper, T Smith, K Douglas, D Mumm, R Simmons, W Skelton, S Fardy, M Hooper, B McCalman, S McMahon, W Palu, D Pocock.

Backs: W Genia, N Phipps, Q Cooper, B Foley, K Beale, M Giteau, M Toomua, A Ashley-Cooper, I Folau, R Horne, D Mitchell, H Speight, J Tomane, T Kuridrani.
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Australia won't get out of their pool, bringing in players without form just cuz they're favourites will stink up the squad. Genia already saying he's feeling pretty embarrassed! I'd say Kane is pretty sheepish about the whole thing too. I'd say the atmosphere is as good as a fart in a phonebox. England and Wales will top the group.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

I disagree. I reckin Australia's morale will be at an all time high and they are favorites to win the whole tournament.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Logorrhea wrote:I disagree. I reckin Australia's morale will be at an all time high and they are favorites to win the whole tournament.
Maybe better set than they have been in a long time.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

olaf the fat wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:I disagree. I reckin Australia's morale will be at an all time high and they are favorites to win the whole tournament.
Maybe better set than they have been in a long time.
I think they will top their group with Wales losing out.
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

simonokeeffe wrote:Neil Francis, Bryce Williams, Adam Byrnes, Owen Finnegan, Ed O'Donoghue, Stephen Sykes, Kane Douglas; what is it with us and second row flops?

BRAINWAVE we could use the Douglas compo as compo for somebody on an ITM or Currie Cup (or Japanese) contract
You've undoubtedly caused great hurt to Mariano Galarza (like Douglas, he's included in the Pumas RWC squad even though he's played little rugby recently) by not including him in this list.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rdsblue wrote:
simonokeeffe wrote:Neil Francis, Bryce Williams, Adam Byrnes, Owen Finnegan, Ed O'Donoghue, Stephen Sykes, Kane Douglas; what is it with us and second row flops?

You've undoubtedly caused great hurt to Mariano Galarza (like Douglas, he's included in the Pumas RWC squad even though he's played little rugby recently) by not including him in this list.
I will cut off a knuckle in shame

Australia just have to beat Wales to make quarters, which theyve done 10 times on the bounce, and have Pocock & Hooper, and its in Twickenham not Cardiff
AdamK
Rhys Ruddock

Post by AdamK »

Can't imagine morale being great when guys like Douglas and Gitaeu are drafted in ahead of guys who've been grafting at home (and stayed at home to play in gold). Leaving White and Horwill at home is pretty ballsy, and whilst tactically may have logic the Aussies are a fickle bunch when it comes to the dressing room.

For me, the win against NZ was a flash in the pan. I think English will dominate them up and I think Wales will be chomping at the bit to get that monkey off their back. I can see Oz losing to both of them.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Hard to know given how different their prep has been, it's just too early to say what state Wales and England will be in by the time the tournament actually starts, you'd imagine there'd be big improvements on what they've shown so far. Can't shake the feeling that Australia's lack of a kicker will haunt them. There also has to be a real danger that they're all so focused on beating each other that Fiji can catch one of them off guard.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Hard to know given how different their prep has been, it's just too early to say what state Wales and England will be in by the time the tournament actually starts, you'd imagine there'd be big improvements on what they've shown so far. Can't shake the feeling that Australia's lack of a kicker will haunt them. There also has to be a real danger that they're all so focused on beating each other that Fiji can catch one of them off guard.

Giteau generally kicks to a high percentage. The draw for Fiji was not kind and theyll be targeting Wales bigtime plus England as the first match up so Australia in between kind of falls between the cracks for Fiji
AdamK wrote:
Can't imagine morale being great when guys like Douglas and Gitaeu are drafted in ahead of guys who've been grafting at home (and stayed at home to play in gold). Leaving White and Horwill at home is pretty ballsy, and whilst tactically may have logic the Aussies are a fickle bunch when it comes to the dressing room.

For me, the win against NZ was a flash in the pan. I think English will dominate them up and I think Wales will be chomping at the bit to get that monkey off their back. I can see Oz losing to both of them.
they won their other games too, including Boks at the death so cant be that bad plus winning does wonders for morale and a lot of these guys would have played more internationals with Gits & Mitchell than Douglas
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

"Hurricane " Douglas had a big punchup in training today with fellows lock Will Skelton whose supposed to be almost 25 stones .Apparently, Cheika was delighted at this aggression by both players. Where did this version of Douglas go when he was in Dublin?
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

rdsblue wrote:"Hurricane " Douglas had a big punchup in training today with fellows lock Will Skelton whose supposed to be almost 25 stones .Apparently, Cheika was delighted at this aggression by both players. Where did this version of Douglas go when he was in Dublin?
Buck Whaleys?

when you read the article doesnt sound like any digs thrown and Aussie media are talking up the incident
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Liam Williams just became even more determined to make it back for that game.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Hard to know given how different their prep has been, it's just too early to say what state Wales and England will be in by the time the tournament actually starts, you'd imagine there'd be big improvements on what they've shown so far. Can't shake the feeling that Australia's lack of a kicker will haunt them. There also has to be a real danger that they're all so focused on beating each other that Fiji can catch one of them off guard.
With all the talk of the big 3 sides in that pool I reckon Fiji will be the ones who ultimately decide who gets out and who doesn't.