Leinster v Glasgow 23 Oct 2015.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Oldschool
Cian Healy

Leinster v Glasgow 23 Oct 2015.

Post by Oldschool »

Good news (Believe me, I'm only trying to be +ve) we might have a couple of our Ireland players back for this .

Spoiler about Scotland v Australia match...
Show Spoiler:
Ruddock, Reddan, McCarthy for instance.
And as I type. Scotland try.
25-24 to Ausv60 mins gone.
Last edited by limecat on October 18th, 2015, 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Put spoiler in spoiler tags...probably too late though
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Leinster v Glasgow 23 Oct 2015.

Post by Dave Cahill »

Oldschool wrote:More stuff.
Stop posting the in game scores of matches in unrelated match threads
I have Bumbleflex
Dirk Stickler
Bookworm

Post by Dirk Stickler »

Cronin, Furlong, Ruddock, McCarthy and Boss would be the obvious calls.
Anyone know how long a break the front line Irish lads get? They've earned a bit of time off.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Oldschool wrote:More stuff.
Stop posting the in game scores of matches in unrelated match threads
Who the f^ck put you in charge?
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

It's a valid point, I'd say a good few people headed out after the Ireland game and recorded the Scotland game. It's not hard to use a bit of cop on about it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Its considered good manners is all, cross posting, and in particular cross posting in multiple threads is bad form especially if there is a spoiler function. Not every poster will be watching the game live, especially on a day with multiple matches, and will be trying to avoid the match score and will consider unrelated threads to be safe enough, unless the score is cross-posted
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

So where does all of that leave us then?

On the positive side, we've no major injuries and three games to go before the first ERC game.

Of all the provinces, we're probably in the best shape at the moment, whatever scant consolation that brings.

Hope we get the likes of Reddan, McCarthy, Ruddock, Furlong etc back next weekend.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

wixfjord wrote:So where does all of that leave us then?

On the positive side, we've no major injuries and three games to go before the first ERC game.

Of all the provinces, we're probably in the best shape at the moment, whatever scant consolation that brings.

Hope we get the likes of Reddan, McCarthy, Ruddock, Furlong etc back next weekend.
yeah silver lining is we wont be undercooked going into Europe

my guess

Bent, Cronin, Moore, McCarthy, Molony, Ruddock, JVDF, Conan
Reddan, Marsh, Ringrose, Reid, Te'o, McFadden, Isa

Strauss, McGrath, Furlong, Triggs, SOB, McGrath, Byrne, Luke

Cronin, Furlong, Reddan had very little gametime with Ireland (if any) the last few weeks, Strauss, McGrath, Luke were all mostly subbing so low mileage, SOB had a week off
Am assuming Conan and Te'o are fit
Wouldnt be surprised if Reddan benched though or possibly SOB (less so Luke) got more time off
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Flakey 16
Learner

Post by Flakey 16 »

So will we be getting a look at Mr Triggs in the second row during this match...
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Doubt Glasgow will have many more players available than last week.

Not sure how long Nakarawa is getting off considering he played every minute of Fiji's games. The new Tongan prop is in Glasgow but, again, not sure what time he's due off post-rwc.

Favaro, Naiyaravoro and Greg Peterson all made their debuts on friday (with 2 of the 3 yellow carded!) to varying degrees of success.

Should be an interesting game.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

kermischocolate wrote:Doubt Glasgow will have many more players available than last week.

Not sure how long Nakarawa is getting off considering he played every minute of Fiji's games. The new Tongan prop is in Glasgow but, again, not sure what time he's due off post-rwc.

Favaro, Naiyaravoro and Greg Peterson all made their debuts on friday (with 2 of the 3 yellow carded!) to varying degrees of success.

Should be an interesting game.
Probably Gray, Hardie, Wilson, Russell, Bennet, Hogg, Seymour will get a break as Scotland starters

might get props, Pyrgos, Lamont, Vernon back
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

The reality is that we don't know who'll be back for next week. The levels of physical and emotional exhaustion have to be taken into account by both managements, some guys may be affected by one more than the other
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Boss might need a few weeks.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Boss might need a few weeks.

I'd say he's knackered - i'd say he was told to bring his biggests suitcases and now he has to carry back everyone elses duty free
I have Bumbleflex
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Dave Cahill wrote:The reality is that we don't know who'll be back for next week. The levels of physical and emotional exhaustion have to be taken into account by both managements, some guys may be affected by one more than the other
If we stop talking about things we don't know we may as well disband this forum :D

Scots dont rest players same way IRFU do and some guys might be really keen for the change of scenery or it might even suit some players to get back on the horse as quickly as possible
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

From the players who were with the RWC squad I'd expect, as a bare minimum, that Mike McCarthy, Isaac Boss and Rhys Ruddock be available for Friday night.

From those who were there longer, Tadhg Furlong only made one sub appearance for 17 mins (against Romania) and Sean Cronin made three sub appearances (total 52 mins), the last of which was against Italy. Both should at the very least be physically ready for action.

Sean O'Brien featured in all four group games (3 starts + 1 sub) - should be fresh for this week having sat out yesterday but won't be surprised if he's not made available.

Johnny Sexton will presumably not be available.

Of the subs who featured yesterday, Luke played most of the match so can't see him being available. Jack McGrath played in all five matches (2 + 3) so can't see him togging out on Friday. Strauss and Reddan may be around, they both only started one game (Romania) and neither got more than 15 mins off the bench in any of their other appearances.

We won't see any of yesterday's starters until the Treviso away match on 1 November at the earliest.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote:On the positive side, we've no major injuries and three games to go before the first ERC game.
*Cough* Sexton *cough*
Depending on what or who you want to believe or listen to...the rumours about a serious concussion injury are circulating again.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

I think we can expect Furlong, McCarthy, Ruddock at least.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

We should optimise the recovery time for those who need it. With the young guys playing in the style they did for last 20 mins against Llanelli, we must ensure that our returning Internationals only return when their appetite has recovered

It has been mentioned before, the whole package is comprised of physical, mental and emotional energy. If you don't have the latter, neither of the other two are worth a curse.

The Irish Squad will be in mental mourning for their lost opportunity. For some, the prospect of Europe will mean nothing for a couple of weeks. They will only be worthwhile when they recover their hunger for that challenge. One way of assisting that recovery is watching a young gun attempting to usurp your position. Adrenaline and competition are huge motivators. But, being available merely to demand your rights, isn't worth a curse.

I hope that Furlong, Cronin, McCarthy, Ruddock, Reddan and possibly Luke Fitz have the appetite and energy to get back out this week.

Equally, I hope that both Kearneys, Mads, Cian, Dev, Jordi, Sean and Jamie take a couple of weeks to recover and get their heads together for a big 8 weeks in a row
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Lots of big games in close succession with little opportunity to rest this season so Furlong is the only one I want to see back this weekend. McCarthy and Boss too obviously although I wouldn't play him anyway.