Leinster v Connacht - a chance to silence the Lams

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Leinster v Connacht - a chance to silence the Lams

Post by Donny B. »

fourthirtythree wrote:The process by which they did it was beyond ridiculous. I'd sue their arses, except I doubt anyone really cares too hard. Let off for the Nigels. For all their threats of lawyers for every imagined slight they are shambolic and expose themselves to legal remedies quite cheaply.
In the circumstances it doesn't matter that much as he'll be injured or rested for next two games anyway. But what a total farce.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Second-row auditions are also taking place and the RDS should provide clues as to whether Ally Muldowney is in the picture for 6N Squad.
Muldowney has impressed the hell out of me but him not even being included on an emerging Ireland tour before this makes me think that Joe doesn't rate him.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

No POC, Henderson or Touhy (or will he be?) available now though and not many other candidates around.

Usually I hate the number of players being involved in training squads and taken from the provinces (although Joe has been better at sending players back to the provinces) but this season I'd fully back him if he brought nearly every second row and scrumhalf into the 6N training squad. We have very little depth in both areas and I'm picturing a scenario where we get to South Africa and need to throw Dillane, Alan O'Connor, or Cooney into the squad for the third test at the end of a season that started back in August. Just in those particular positions I'd like them to have been involved already rather than sending an SOS to someone who would come in cold and have to make their debut in that kind of scenario.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

No POC, Henderson or Touhy (or will he be?) available now though and not many other candidates around.

Usually I hate the number of players being involved in training squads and taken from the provinces (although Joe has been better at sending players back to the provinces) but this season I'd fully back him if he brought nearly every second row and scrumhalf into the 6N training squad. We have very little depth in both areas and I'm picturing a scenario where we get to South Africa and need to throw Dillane, Alan O'Connor, or Cooney into the squad for the third test at the end of a season that started back in August. Just in those particular positions I'd like them to have been involved already rather than sending an SOS to someone who would come in cold and have to make their debut in that kind of scenario.
Good point. I'd imagine the Ireland Wolfhounds vs England Saxons game could be very enlightening this season when it comes to seeing who Joe rates as the new up and comers.
wprathead
Bookworm

Post by wprathead »

sunshiner1 wrote:

Good point. I'd imagine the Ireland Wolfhounds vs England Saxons game could be very enlightening this season when it comes to seeing who Joe rates as the new up and comers.
I thought there were no Wolfhound games this season due to RWC?
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

wprathead wrote:
sunshiner1 wrote:

Correct
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Shame it's such a pox of a day. Gonna be a right slugfest
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Donny B. wrote:Shame it's such a pox of a day. Gonna be a right slugfest
have a drink every time Clancy blows his whistle for no good reason and youll be grand
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Seriously? Well that sucks :cry:
tate
Shane Horgan

Post by tate »

is this gonna be on the telly?
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Te'o weakness if carrying the ball too high into contact could work against him at 12.
Connacht could try the choke tackle strategy today with a lot of reward.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Re: LeinsterTG4 v Connacht - a chance to silence the Lams

Post by Oldschool »

tate wrote:is this gonna be on the telly?
TG4
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
tate
Shane Horgan

Re: LeinsterTG4 v Connacht - a chance to silence the Lams

Post by tate »

Oldschool wrote:
tate wrote:is this gonna be on the telly?
TG4
go raibh maith agat
Go on, give us a goo! https://twitter.com/DebRugby - rugby from Europe's eastern fringe.
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

Luke McGrath out, Reddan starts and Nick McCarthy moves to the bench.
A proud Winsome Fluter
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:Luke McGrath out, Reddan starts and Nick McCarthy moves to the bench.
yarrrrrrr
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

A day for the forwards I think. Can't see this being a high scorer in this weather.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

@leinsterrugby

.@LukeMcGrath93 misses out with foot infection caused by blister. #LEINvCON
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

simonokeeffe wrote:@leinsterrugby

.@LukeMcGrath93 misses out with foot infection caused by blister. #LEINvCON

ffs - have leinster no podiatry hygiene in place?!
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

McCarthy is up for it!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

So's Nathan White
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles