Leinster v Connacht - a chance to silence the Lams

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Connacht - a chance to silence the Lams

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Rumour is Ferg is being cited for clumsy footwork on neck / head. Not good news.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Ruckedtobits wrote:Rumour is Ferg is being cited for clumsy footwork on neck / head. Not good news.
Think it was more than clumsy, I'll have to look at it again
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
Ruckedtobits wrote:Rumour is Ferg is being cited for clumsy footwork on neck / head. Not good news.
Think it was more than clumsy, I'll have to look at it again

he was off balance as the guy was holding his other leg :?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

This on Twitter, https://mobile.twitter.com/tomsauce2000 ... 57/video/1

I see no defence for this, it look filthy to me. You have a duty of care to other players when on the pitch, he's crossed a line here I feel and I certainly wouldn't be surprised with or object to a ban.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:This on Twitter, https://mobile.twitter.com/tomsauce2000 ... 57/video/1

I see no defence for this, it look filthy to me. You have a duty of care to other players when on the pitch, he's crossed a line here I feel and I certainly wouldn't be surprised with or object to a ban.
yeah that looks bad, has 3 goes at him
Donny B.
Devin Toner

Post by Donny B. »

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

boldy-woldy fergie. Couple of weeks there I'd say
I have Bumbleflex
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

I cant access the twitter link, and the animated gif on here does not seem to show much. Fergus is certainly a very physical player but not one that I would call dirty....but was that why White decided to try and lamp McCarthy one later on??
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

The odds are good but the goods are odd.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

mikey wrote:I cant access the twitter link, and the animated gif on here does not seem to show much. Fergus is certainly a very physical player but not one that I would call dirty....but was that why White decided to try and lamp McCarthy one later on??
the gif is slowed but the twiiter clip shows more; ferg goes off his feet and kicks out behind him twice, all 3 graze the head
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

simonokeeffe wrote:
mikey wrote:I cant access the twitter link, and the animated gif on here does not seem to show much. Fergus is certainly a very physical player but not one that I would call dirty....but was that why White decided to try and lamp McCarthy one later on??
the gif is slowed but the twiiter clip shows more; ferg goes off his feet and kicks out behind him twice, all 3 graze the head
Don't think the gif catches the incident tbh. Regardless of this being out of character for ferg it really is very reckless to say the least.
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

I had a look and reckless is being kind. It was downright dangerous.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

domhnallj wrote:I had a look and reckless is being kind. It was downright dangerous.
It was, and he deserves a ban. While I don't condone what Ferg did I also don't feel at all sorry for White. Not only was he lying on the wrong side but he was also holding on to Fergs leg. Given that Clancy refused to police the breakdown properly someone was always going to get a shoeing. What Ferg did would not have happened had it not been for Connachts constant infringements in that area and Clancys refusal to deal with it. Ferg still should not have done it, but a better ref wouldn't have allowed that situation to develop.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

molloyjh wrote:
domhnallj wrote:I had a look and reckless is being kind. It was downright dangerous.
It was, and he deserves a ban. While I don't condone what Ferg did I also don't feel at all sorry for White. Not only was he lying on the wrong side but he was also holding on to Fergs leg. Given that Clancy refused to police the breakdown properly someone was always going to get a shoeing. What Ferg did would not have happened had it not been for Connachts constant infringements in that area and Clancys refusal to deal with it. Ferg still should not have done it, but a better ref wouldn't have allowed that situation to develop.
This is all very subjective but I'd agree with that if he didn't go near the face. The fact that he did just makes it much nastier for me and my sympathy for being held goes out the window.

It is sort of hard to see and I'd hope the citing panel has another angle but it looks really bad. The first stamp definitely looks deliberate, not sure about the ones after that.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This is all very subjective but I'd agree with that if he didn't go near the face. The fact that he did just makes it much nastier for me and my sympathy for being held goes out the window.

It is sort of hard to see and I'd hope the citing panel has another angle but it looks really bad. The first stamp definitely looks deliberate, not sure about the ones after that.
Oh look I'm not trying to excuse Ferg at all. And I won't have any sympathy for his ban either. He should not have done it and he should be banned. But we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that White shouldn't have done what he did and Clancy shouldn't have allowed it to continue happening.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

molloyjh wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:This is all very subjective but I'd agree with that if he didn't go near the face. The fact that he did just makes it much nastier for me and my sympathy for being held goes out the window.

Oh look I'm not trying to excuse Ferg at all. And I won't have any sympathy for his ban either. He should not have done it and he should be banned. But we shouldn't lose sight of the fact that White shouldn't have done what he did and Clancy shouldn't have allowed it to continue happening.
if we're going to be ruthless what ferg should do is start slapping White on the back and shouting at the ref to draw his attention to it
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

if we're going to be ruthless what ferg should do is start slapping White on the back and shouting at the ref to draw his attention to it
That Heenan was shouting at the ref to bring his attention to McFadden stamping on White and he ignored it tells me you'd have some luck with Clancy.

That White was cut open and needed to get his head bandaged I'm assuming will make it worse for McFadden? TBF to White he wasn't making a big song and dance about it which might be a good factor in McFadden's favour.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Awful game. Clancy ruined it completely for both sides and most of all for the paying fans.

Two good defences with loads of intensity all round. Two very poor sets of half back performances.

Between our half backs and Clancy and the weather, we never got to see what the Teo Ringrose dream partnership would look like. Game got mired in one -outs and the odd half break off turnover ball. Ringrose butchered a 3 on 1 but other than that continues to shine. Both Kearnashians did well, esp Dave.

Strauss shows us again what we miss when he's injured.

Ronaldson for Connacht still looks a class act. Rest of the Connacht backs not great. Aki had a couple of moments offensively and defensively. Heenan was probably the motm.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

jezzer wrote:Awful game. Clancy ruined it completely for both sides and most of all for the paying fans.

Two good defences with loads of intensity all round. Two very poor sets of half back performances.

Between our half backs and Clancy and the weather, we never got to see what the Teo Ringrose dream partnership would look like. Game got mired in one -outs and the odd half break off turnover ball. Ringrose butchered a 3 on 1 but other than that continues to shine. Both Kearnashians did well, esp Dave.

Strauss shows us again what we miss when he's injured.

Ronaldson for Connacht still looks a class act. Rest of the Connacht backs not great. Aki had a couple of moments offensively and defensively. Heenan was probably the motm.
Eoin Reddan picked up the motm so I can't see how he could have been as poor as you are saying, thought he had a competent performance considering the atrocious weather
Granted Johnny wasn't great but again played the conditions as well as he could...can't see how the kearneys played well, both had near crucial handling errors and looked unsure of themselves all night
Pretty sure Straussy wasn't involved against Munster and our other 2 boys fronted up pretty well in that game
jimbobjoe
Mullet

Post by jimbobjoe »

Ferg banned for 3 weeks. No surprise there