Big Marty off to Wasps?

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Donny B.
Devin Toner

Re: Big Marty off to Wasps?

Post by Donny B. »

waterboy wrote:Am I missing something in that article that everyone else is seeing? No-where does it say he's staying, just he may be considering a uturn.
Exactly!
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

If the photo in the 42 article is anything to go by, Johnny won't be sorry to see him leave.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

waterboy wrote:It's basically just a lot of made up stuff masquerading as insider info.
Exactly. As was the earlier one stating he had gone to Wasps.
They are just printing whatever the agent tells them to print (their insider info) and we are clicking away soaking it all up.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

jezzer wrote:If the photo in the 42 article is anything to go by, Johnny won't be sorry to see him leave.
yeah they paired up badly for those piggy backs

maybe Nial Woods gets 2 signing on fees this way? and do Wasps now get our Kane Douglas transfer fee?
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

simonokeeffe wrote:
jezzer wrote:If the photo in the 42 article is anything to go by, Johnny won't be sorry to see him leave.
yeah they paired up badly for those piggy backs

maybe Nial Woods gets 2 signing on fees this way? and do Wasps now get our Kane Douglas transfer fee?
We still don't know if he actually signed anything with Wasps, and we may never. As I said earlier the initial reports said nothing was signed but it looked like he was leaving Leinster where-as the latest reports are saying that he had signed but looks like he will be staying at Leinster. How much of any of it is true is anyones guess.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

He wouldn't be the first Irish tighthead prop who had to be bought out of a contract by a panicking national coach
I have Bumbleflex
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:He wouldn't be the first Irish tighthead prop who had to be bought out of a contract by a panicking national coach
Hint?
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:He wouldn't be the first Irish tighthead prop who had to be bought out of a contract by a panicking national coach
Hint?
Peas
I have Bumbleflex
Icarus
Knowledgeable

Post by Icarus »

Dave Cahill wrote:
paddyor wrote:
Hint?
Peas
Of the 'mushy' sort? :D
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

yeah Buckley signed with Bath, shouldve gone
just like Nagle to Northampton that time

either way Moore needs to shoot lightning bolts out of his backside against Wasps this weekend now
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Is that not Cian Kelleher?

Armchair
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Armchair »

it is
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

It's fair to say that Joe doesn't do panic.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

The fact that this may be happening is ridiculous. How does an international prop get to a stage where he's signed for a foreign club before the national coach makes a decisive intervention? Its not like the IRFU/provinces are massive 100K strong organisations dispersed all over the world! It's a bit of a joke shop to be honest.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Flash Gordon wrote:
The fact that this may be happening is ridiculous. How does an international prop get to a stage where he's signed for a foreign club before the national coach makes a decisive intervention? Its not like the IRFU/provinces are massive 100K strong organisations dispersed all over the world! It's a bit of a joke shop to be honest.
Assuming of course what we're hearing is true.....which it may not be. We were told recently that James Cronin was moving to LI only to hear hours later that he'd signed a contract extension with Munster. The amount of horse manure out there on these things means it's hard to know what to take seriously and what not.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

I suppose the answer is that we can't take anything seriously until we hear from IRFU or Province involved. Journalists, sadly, are no longer reliable sources of info re contract negotiations.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Also there is a difference between agreeing terms (as was reported) and signing the contract.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

'Paying a fee to buy him out of the Wasps contract'. I rate Marty but I draw the line there.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

neiliog93 wrote:'Paying a fee to buy him out of the Wasps contract'. I rate Marty but I draw the line there.
Ulster could have swapped him for Pitau instead of Rodney
meinster
Rhys Ruddock

Post by meinster »

neiliog93 wrote:'Paying a fee to buy him out of the Wasps contract'. I rate Marty but I draw the line there.
Agreed. Madness if true. Unlikely to be true, given the history of media reporting on contract negotiations.
"You'd better watch who you're calling a child, Lois. Because if I'm a child, you know what that makes you? A paedophile. And I'll be damned if I'm gonna be lectured by a pervert"