Leinster vs Edinburgh, Friday 15th April

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster vs Edinburgh, Friday 15th April

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:Leo knows his place.
As the only coach willing to take the Leinster role?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
The IRFU don't want them rested, or Henshaw, Stander, Murray, Earls and Zebo wouldn't be active tomorrow. Players are not being released to Leinster because Leinster won't go along with IRFU attempts to force academy prospects to relocate.
:shock: Wow Dave, that's quite a statement. You would have way more knowledge about these things then me but I would hate this to be true.
Yeah, if that's true it adds a whole new level to the IRFU treatment of Leinster supporters, for one.
Dont Panic!
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Yeah I dont subscribe to that conspiracy DC

Stander didnt go to world cup, Henshaw didnt play HC, Zebo in and out of Ireland team, Payne has had a few breaks
Earls, Murray only players with serious mileage
Leinster going to be in playoffs, Ulster and Munster maybe not (or even Europe!)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I know the IRFU have been trying to force Leinster into shipping people on alright. My info was that their reluctance to do so impacted on signings rather than selection though.
the rumours about a backrow headed north havent gone away.

leinster are right to stand up to the IRFU on this, whats the point in developing talent when you are forced to lose it.

if the provincial identity and ties that players and fans have to the team are weakened then irish rugby will be all the worse for it.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That's a big old buster of a conspiracy theory there Dave C!
Is this a theory, or have you heard it from someone?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

wixfjord wrote:That's a big old buster of a conspiracy theory there Dave C!
I've heard that Leinster making any non Irish or project signings is dependent on helping the IRFU move our academy prospects on - that is from what I would consider to be a rock solid source. The same guy told me that Leinster are absolutely refusing to play along and that the Union are examining their next step. Now, it might be said that I'm jumping to conclusions, but I think that its more a case of it being impossible to put your foot down at the moment without it landing on a particular conclusion and I know that I'm not the only one.
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

simonokeeffe wrote:Yeah I dont subscribe to that conspiracy DC

Stander didnt go to world cup, Henshaw didnt play HC, Zebo in and out of Ireland team, Payne has had a few breaks
Earls, Murray only players with serious mileage
Leinster going to be in playoffs, Ulster and Munster maybe not (or even Europe!)
See, that part there is irrelevant.
Did the irfu block Leinster from selecting certain players for this game or didn't they. They certainly didn't do it for the other 3 provinces.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
goreyguy
Shane Jennings

Post by goreyguy »

Dave Cahill wrote:
wixfjord wrote:That's a big old buster of a conspiracy theory there Dave C!
I've heard that Leinster making any non Irish or project signings is dependent on helping the IRFU move our academy prospects on - that is from what I would consider to be a rock solid source. The same guy told me that Leinster are absolutely refusing to play along and that the Union are examining their next step. Now, it might be said that I'm jumping to conclusions, but I think that its more a case of it being impossible to put your foot down at the moment without it landing on a particular conclusion and I know that I'm not the only one.
their next step appears to be, 1 year academy deals therefore not tying a player to a province for more than a year. Allowing much more interference and agent talk etc.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Seems a logical inference alright, Goreyguy.....
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

If these theories are true (and on a conjectural level they make sense looking at the evidence), there's a huge potential story there. I wonder (if it's true), would it be in Leinster's interests to leak it to the press? Not to an anodyne, establishment fence-sitter like Gerry. Maybe someone like Watterson, who for all his lack of knowledge and other faults, likes to rattle a few cages.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

That concept is already a proposal. Not fancied by Leinster staff in any way. Might lead to other forms of Contracts,
MarkyDeSad
Knowledgeable

Post by MarkyDeSad »

Was just forwarding DC's contention by text, predictive renamed him Dave Chill ! Very cool 8)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

MarkyDeSad wrote:Was just forwarding DC's contention by text, predictive renamed him Dave Chill ! Very cool 8)
Better than Div Chimp I guess
I have Bumbleflex
nopeare
Enlightened

Post by nopeare »

Any idea what the IRFU's "Next Step" would be Dave?

That is shocking and if true as others have said something should be "leaked"
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Very content with this team. Should put Edinburgh away comfortably.
Bluebulls
Beginner

Post by Bluebulls »

Think its time to consider the implications if Cullen is telling the truth in his press conference - conspiracy theories are convenient but if Cullen is telling the truth about his selection then he is confirming to me that he is not up to this level of coaching. Resting players with three matches to go and not playing your stars for in the season "run in" is not logical.
raith rover
Beginner

Post by raith rover »

The Edinburgh forwards should be good enough to take on Leinster up front. The jury is definitely out on the backline though.
Leinster to meet Glasgow in the final at Murrayfield I would predict. Dunbar meets Sexton, the sequel on Scottish soil !!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Raydollard wrote:Very content with this team. Should put Edinburgh away comfortably.
f%~k me, that took a while.
Broadband slower in Bordeaux?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Peg Leg wrote:
Raydollard wrote:Very content with this team. Should put Edinburgh away comfortably.
f%~k me, that took a while.
Broadband slower in Bordeaux?
But why such confidence in the outcome....????
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

With the way rugby has gone in England and France and the way the IRFU operate here, I would not be totally opposed to exploring the option of a break away from the union. I've actually thought this for a while, it would be complicated and would require massive private investment, but to even explore the option would be interesting. I also think Mick Dawson has served his time, he has done some good work for the province, but I think we could use a new generation at the top.

But who owns Leinster? Who owns IRFU? Trustees. Trustees with personal invested interests that supersede that of "for the greater good of Irish rugby", but it's getting hard to deny that union owned and controlled rugby has run its course. The landscape of rugby has changed forever and we can either adapt and compete, or gradually fall further and further behind. The only reason the national team is so important above all else is because it has to fund the provinces. Removing that requirement actually frees up massive money to develop the game here and Pro12 competition rules could limit any match day 23 to have no more than 5 (for example) non-indigenously developed or non-nationally qualified players, there are ways to put these rules in place, that would also protect the interest of developing players for the national teams. (note the often banded about "EU employment laws" don't apply, you can employ as many foreign players as you like, but competition rules require no more than 5 non-indigenous players in any one match day squad - it's actually not a concept too dissimilar to what the IRFU have now, restricting the number that can be signed at all, which treads much closer to the line of employment law in my opinion).
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.