Leinster vs Edinburgh, Friday 15th April

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster vs Edinburgh, Friday 15th April

Post by Xanthippe »

blockhead wrote:
Peg Leg wrote:Is that post too long Blockhead?
As my woodwork teacher used to say to us. "Keep it as long as you can for as long as you can".
That sounds like a completely different sort of woodwork class!!
Last edited by Xanthippe on April 18th, 2016, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Dave Cahill wrote:Their first try? He has two men and nearly 40 metres width of pitch to cover - he has to do something, but the reality is that they are going to score unless they screw up no matter what the defender does. He holds off, then it goes through the hands and they score, if he shoots up, then the pass goes over him and they score. He went with the potential for an intercept over the potential that the man inside him will not pass.
Dave, seriously, have a look at it again. I just looked up the highlights and he was one on one. For some reason he shot out, the intercept wasn't on, he screwed up.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

the spoofer wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Their first try? He has two men and nearly 40 metres width of pitch to cover - he has to do something, but the reality is that they are going to score unless they screw up no matter what the defender does. He holds off, then it goes through the hands and they score, if he shoots up, then the pass goes over him and they score. He went with the potential for an intercept over the potential that the man inside him will not pass.
Dave, seriously, have a look at it again. I just looked up the highlights and he was one on one. For some reason he shot out, the intercept wasn't on, he screwed up.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz7qM0Znhak

He was one on one. It was an individual error and I'm convinced that he was after the intercept. Watch Tovey in the build up. He definitely delays the pass, probably because he sees Ferg shooting up.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Thats fair enough alright, for some reason I had the idea in my head that there was another edinburgh player the other side of Ferg - yep, it was a poor read by McFadden.
I have Bumbleflex
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:Thats fair enough alright, for some reason I had the idea in my head that there was another edinburgh player the other side of Ferg - yep, it was a poor read by McFadden.
You sure it wasn't Nucifora's fault?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Peg Leg wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:Thats fair enough alright, for some reason I had the idea in my head that there was another edinburgh player the other side of Ferg - yep, it was a poor read by McFadden.
You sure it wasn't Nucifora's fault?
No but it may have been Ian Madigan's!!! Watch the buildup again from behind the goal and it looks more like Ferg reacted to Mads shooting up - it also looks like he 'expected' there to be cover behind him and was surprised when there wasn't.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

There was, the 9 who made a dummy run towards Tovey and who distracted Reid (I think).
A proud Winsome Fluter
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

Game replayed in full tonight on Setanta from 10pm for anyone interested.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

sheepshagger wrote:Game replayed in full tonight on Setanta from 10pm for anyone interested.
Go raibh maith agat! :green clap:
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

COYBIB wrote:I think McF tackle was worth a yellow alright, but certainly not deliberate and he did make a genuine attempt to make a legitimate tackle. If you look at the lead up to the tackle, he gets wrong footed by the Edinburgh attacker which was largely the reason for the awkward angle he came in from and knocked himself out.

Edinburgh were certainly hard done by, but I would be surprised if he was cited for it.
Funniest conversation I heard all night was Luke F being told to gat rready when Mc Fadden was hurt from that tackle.He stands Takes off his jacket watches the big screen and turns around and says...I ain't going on cos he's definitely coming off after that and proceeds to sit down and put his top back on

Next up were Kurts expletives when Maddog through the third intercept and the first they scored from
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

blockhead wrote:
COYBIB wrote:A bonus point win at home to Treviso now guarantees us a home semi-final, regardless of how we do in Ulster or what else happens in the league.
A BP at home to Treviso guarantees us 73pts, thats all. If Connacht and Glasgow also get BPs next weekend against Italian opposition then a 1-4 victory for Glasgow on the last day would leave Glasgow on 75pts and Connacht on 74pts. Then we play away to Glasgow in semi. So a LBP
up in ravers is a must.
Aye, right you are, my bad.

I didn't realise both Connacht and Glasgow also have an Italian game left also. It's definitely a three horse race at this point, but I think we're in decent enough shape to sneak in to a home semi. A LBP in Ulster should be doable. Especially with a nicely rested squad now, it's absolutely crucial to get the first choice XV out for hopefully the next 4 games, there is a 2 week break between the semi and the final as well, so no excuses for not putting the best side out. Building some continuity will be important.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
COYBIB
Enlightened

Post by COYBIB »

This brings back memories of Cardiff 2011, but watch Noel Reids dummy line all the way through to the Edinburgh defence, he just so happens to get in the way of the defender which makes the hole for Luke Fitzgerald to run through.

This gets me excited, as it shows the intelligence of a Joe Schmidt play, and I think Dempsey had the backs playing some lovely rugby against Edinburgh. They started the season playing beautiful, expansive rugby, it then went a little bit sloppy, but looks to be coming back once again. Very optimistic about his coaching future.

https://giant.gfycat.com/SpeedyEcstaticBug.webm

5th try of the season for Luke McGrath.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

COYBIB wrote:This brings back memories of Cardiff 2011, but watch Noel Reids dummy line all the way through to the Edinburgh defence, he just so happens to get in the way of the defender which makes the hole for Luke Fitzgerald to run through.

This gets me excited, as it shows the intelligence of a Joe Schmidt play, and I think Dempsey had the backs playing some lovely rugby against Edinburgh. They started the season playing beautiful, expansive rugby, it then went a little bit sloppy, but looks to be coming back once again. Very optimistic about his coaching future.

Thankfully the forward pass from Mads was missed....
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

molloyjh wrote:
COYBIB wrote:This brings back memories of Cardiff 2011, but watch Noel Reids dummy line all the way through to the Edinburgh defence, he just so happens to get in the way of the defender which makes the hole for Luke Fitzgerald to run through.

Thankfully the forward pass from Mads was missed....
He even looks across for the touch judge's flag...
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

curates_egg wrote:He even looks across for the touch judge's flag...
Mads gotta work on his poker face so...
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

The brilliant and mercurial Madigan - who of course sunk the Titanic and blew up Nelson's pillar among his many exploits - will have too much money to need a poker face ever again.
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Raydollard wrote:The brilliant and mercurial Madigan - who of course sunk the Titanic and blew up Nelson's pillar among his many exploits - will have too much money to need a poker face ever again.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Raydollard wrote:The brilliant and mercurial Madigan - who of course sunk the Titanic and blew up Nelson's pillar among his many exploits - will have too much money to need a poker face ever again.
That would be the same Madigan that has the intercept pass down to a T.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Hornet wrote:
That would be the same Madigan that has the intercept pass down to a T.
It was bad enough that he'd nearly been caught out a few times already, but to make it even worse we had men and space outside. Rob and Ferg were there against a single Edinburgh defender in the line. There was at least a huge metres gain to be had, if not a try given that our entire back line was free off the scrum. It's another example of terrible decision making. Back inside to a guy running into traffic (at best) or outside to the guys in space? Even ignoring the intercept it was a terrible call. For once we had actually tied them into the midfield and created space out wide. And Mads not only butchered it, but handed them 7 points in the process.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Mads bocht. I must be won of his biggest fans, but finally even I have come to the conclusion that his "situational awareness" is sometimes severly lacking. Towards the end of the first half too there was a try begging on the left side in Edinburgh's 22 had Madigan not f***ed the ball at Te'o making it practically impossible to catch.