Pro12 Final

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Pro12 Final

Post by simonokeeffe »

Saturday May 28th Leinster v TBC 17:30 Sky Sports

Think we all want it to be Connacht (sorry Kerm)

Our injury doubts are
Isa (gone for x ray on his arm @Dexter)
Te'o (calf injury @Dundalk1)

with Rob expected to be fit

either opponent youd expect pack and forward subs to be unchanged

RK obvious straight swap for Isa, Te'o is the hard call though stronger argument for Luke if Isa is fit
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
COYBIB
Enlightened

Re: Pro12 Final

Post by COYBIB »

Redemption mission.

Revenge against Ulster. Put Connacht back in their box. Let's do it.
jezzer wrote:He will never be the second coming of BOD, because the only thing their game shares is probably the appetite for work around the pitch. He'll hopefully be the first coming of Ringrose.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Delighted for Connacht that they made final.
They will have all the neutral support no doubt
At least we can wear our blue kit
Now let's go and finish the job
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I forget, are we still supposed to patronise Connacht or can we treat them like any other rival?
I have Bumbleflex
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Dave Cahill wrote:I forget, are we still supposed to patronise Connacht or can we treat them like any other rival?
:lol:
A combination. I'm sure some small part of all Leinster fans will feel bad if we beat them...but, in spite of their great season, I'd still rather be playing them in Edinburgh than Glasgow.
Despite us being pretty poor in the Sportsground, I still thought we looked the better side.
Their setpieces are better than Ulster but, if we can shut Aki down, we should have the means to beat them.
Having Isa and Te'o fit will be important.
Made Of Ale
Graduate

Post by Made Of Ale »

Dave Cahill wrote:I forget, are we still supposed to patronise Connacht or can we treat them like any other rival?
The latter. Probably not good news for them.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Congrats to Connacht great game today although Bundee Aki went off injured & he would be a huge loss if not fit.

A lot at stake mainly the Pro 12 trophy but also the winner is a definite no 1 seed in European Champions Cup.
Hornet
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hornet »

Couldn't give a stuff about any other team. I want Leinster to win and win well.
"The one thing we learn from History, is that we never learn from History".
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I would be happier losing to Connacht than anyone else. Obviously not happy to lose. But I would be thrilled for Connacht. I would also support them against any other team in the league.

If they did beat us. We could not be considered patronizing to tbem.
mikey
Rhys Ruddock

Post by mikey »

Hornet wrote:
Couldn't give a stuff about any other team. I want Leinster to win and win well.
What he said!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Are Connacht capable of altering their game plan to suit the occassion? If we get in front like we did on Friday I can see Sexton strangling the life out of them by pinning them back in their '22.
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

If we don't treat them as the most dangerous team we've met all season they will pinch this title from us. They have become a team of talent and confidence. If we have even a chink of sympathy / admiration for them it will be lights out Leinster.

Their back three are far superior to ours in attack; their midfield speaks for itself;their half-backs will be a little in awe of J10 and Reds, but will play for their team.

Upfront, we should have advantage in scrum and line-out, if we execute perfectly, and backrow will be a battle all day, which they may shade with their flankers.

We need to be at our best to contain their atttacking flair. If we can dominate possession, our all-team pressure should win the day. But nothing automatic about it and we must get our heads right.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Glasgow showed the way to defend against them largely is a rush defence and watch out for the outhalf breaking

Glasgow fupped up by conceeding heaps of needless penalties
footrush
Rhys Ruddock

Post by footrush »

johng wrote:I would be happier losing to Connacht than anyone else. Obviously not happy to lose. But I would be thrilled for Connacht. I would also support them against any other team in the league.

If they did beat us. We could not be considered patronizing to tbem.
:clap:
Flying wedge
Dubmon
Beginner

Post by Dubmon »

Is McFadden back? Might be important of our walking wounded don't make it.
papachino
Graduate

Post by papachino »

It'd be awesome if Leinster would open up the RDS or Donnybrook so fans could go and watch the game on a big screen or something...
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Ruckedtobits wrote:If we don't treat them as the most dangerous team we've met all season they will pinch this title from us. They have become a team of talent and confidence. If we have even a chink of sympathy / admiration for them it will be lights out Leinster.

Their back three are far superior to ours in attack; their midfield speaks for itself;their half-backs will be a little in awe of J10 and Reds, but will play for their team.

Upfront, we should have advantage in scrum and line-out, if we execute perfectly, and backrow will be a battle all day, which they may shade with their flankers.

We need to be at our best to contain their atttacking flair. If we can dominate possession, our all-team pressure should win the day. But nothing automatic about it and we must get our heads right.
Right on. We daren't even give them a sniff. The Adeolokum try yesterday and the Tiernan O'Halloran try off a cross field kick by Shane O'Leary in the end of regular season match v Glasgow - just to name two examples - show these guys are super dangerous and full of belief. We underestimate them at our peril. They must be crushed mercilessly, otherwise they'll make monkeys of us, like they did to Munster down in Thomond.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

Anyone know what ticket sales are like for this? Really don't want to see the teams come out and Murrayfield is only half full. Really wish it was on in the Aviva.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

sunshiner1 wrote:Anyone know what ticket sales are like for this? Really don't want to see the teams come out and Murrayfield is only half full. Really wish it was on in the Aviva.
organisers stated ambition at the launch of the Murrayfield final was 50% full, hopefully all the Weegies who snapped up the cheap seats in advance still come
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

It looms lime the plan is to sell out the lower bowl and one side of the upper. If it had been a Glasgow Ulster final then perhaps they would have opened more.