European Rugby Champions Cup

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Re: European Rugby Champions Cup

Post by Ruckedtobits »

The Premiership ordered the independent assessment, but only after sustained media frenzy from Wales. Thus far, this reflects badly on N'hampton Management and Medics.

This is no longer something you leave in player's hands. It's too important for that.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

curates_egg wrote:
riocard911 wrote:From my repeated viewing of the incident it looks as if he's knocked unconscious as soon as head makes contact with the ground. The suggestion, made by himself and the club, that he was just lying immobile in order not to injure his neck is an insult to our collective intelligence of Wendy Chapman dimensions, IMO!!!!! Can't see the Premiership bods calling North and Mallinder out on it though. I predict in a couple of years North'll do a Cudmore claiming damages and saying he was forced to play.......
He's just been stood down. Won't play this weekend and I would be surprised if he plays in Dublin.
Poor fella. Doesn't reflect well on any of the parties involved.
I'll be surprised if he even misses this weekend's game while he undergoes his independent assessment

Northampton's statement was basically the Arsene Wenger defence; the medics didnt have all the angles for tv replays so couldnt see the 6'4 winger take a bang to the kneck/head area and not move (whatever about being unconscious)
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

14 trys and 3 bonus points for Leinster, Ulster & Munster so far this weekend & hopefully Connacht will do the same although they are against a very good Wasps team.
Kinger83
Knowledgeable

Post by Kinger83 »

Montpelier down to 14 men v Castres after a red card. Castres currently winning 14-10.
jezzer
Rob Kearney

Post by jezzer »

Cheers. Just tuned in. Could make it a great weekend for us. ...
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

27-14 now to Mont, three tries.

We want Mont to win though surely?
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Mont get 4th try with 14 men.

That's probably not what we wanted, but will likely mean Castres will be out of it by the time we go there. Mont in the RDS in Jan looking like the big showdown in this group.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Montpelier play Bordeaux at home in the week before they come to the RDS. The only benefit we have is that we have the MontP boys at home rather than on their very heavy pitch. At this point our entire focus must be on Saints at home. If we do what we can do in that game, we can consider the challenge of Montpellier in January. In both games the effectiveness of our maul could be key.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

Post by Fan with smartphone »

Did James Davies just ... he didn't surely... He did you know.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Fan with smartphone wrote:Did James Davies just ... he didn't surely... He did you know.
HE PASSED THE BALL???

EDIT: got my Davies mixed up, just read about it, what was zee gesture and any word on citing for it?
Last edited by simonokeeffe on December 12th, 2016, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rdsblue
Knowledgeable

Post by rdsblue »

I don't know if anyone else has mentioned this but Tadg Beirne played a full 80 for Scarlets v Toulon at blindside and acquitted himself very well. The Scarlets contract might be the best thing that could have happened to him given the queue fit the row at Leinster.
Rugby is a good occasion for keeping thirty bullies far from the centre of the city.
Oscar Wilde
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

Davies cited for his ehmmmm jerky hand gesture; acts contrary to good sportsmanship
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

simonokeeffe wrote:
Fan with smartphone wrote:Did James Davies just ... he didn't surely... He did you know.
HE PASSED THE BALL???

EDIT: got my Davies mixed up, just read about it, what was zee gesture and any word on citing for it?
I figured you'd mixed them up alright. I did laugh at your reply though!

Beirne played well, yep. Thought it was a promising development. Ulster should be watching.
Fan with smartphone
Graduate

I hope they aren't too sore on him.
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugb ... ol-9650426
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Glasgow 23-7 Racing, Glasgow didn't score for the last 33 mins or so.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

blockhead wrote:Glasgow 23-7 Racing, Glasgow didn't score for the last 33 mins or so.
Yes, but Racing didn't score for the first 79 or so! :shock:

Absolutely criminal not to get a TBP.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Agreed, but the quality of rugby for the first 35 minutes was stunning and much as I am loath to have to listen to MG Healy, his comments about Russell as a Lions out-half contender, coupled with his analysis that the Pro12 top teams (actually naming Warriors, Leinster, Munster and Ospreys) are demonstrating how to play against behemoths from the Top14 or Premiership, was an objective assessment from one who is usually totally one-eyed.

As we know, Glasgow at their best play a stunning brand of rugby and last night was a superb demonstration for 30 minutes.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

kermischocolate wrote:
blockhead wrote:Glasgow 23-7 Racing, Glasgow didn't score for the last 33 mins or so.
Yes, but Racing didn't score for the first 79 or so! :shock:

Absolutely criminal not to get a TBP.
Thats Racing out at a surprsingly early stage
Glasgow now have Munster at home and Leicester away and you can see them winning both or losing both in equal measure

Munster have the advantage now of a disinterested Racing when they go to Paris
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Anyone know why Ian Madigan isn't involved for BB today? Injury or just dropped?

Someone in work told me the BB coach had made remarks about IM that BB could expect better from him! :shock:
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Anyone know why Ian Madigan isn't involved for BB today? Injury or just dropped?

Someone in work told me the BB coach had made remarks about IM that BB could expect better from him! :shock:
yeah their forwards coach said that during the week but Bordeaux lost so he still showed them, but they did send out their B team in general, good news for Ulster is if thats their attitude now theres a big chance of a BP win in Ravenhill when they meet