A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Padova & Toulouse

Post by harryp »

Lets get behind the team before we go. :idea:

From Leinster Rugby

Leinster supporters will have one last chance to cheer on their heroes before the side's Heineken Cup quarter final in Toulouse after it was confirmed that they will face Italian Super 10 outfit Petrarca Padova in Donnybrook on St. Patrick's Day (KO: 6pm)...

Petrarca are the former club of Leinster assistant coach David Knox whom the Australian played for three seasons. Knox helped guide the Italians to the national championship in 1986/'87.

They are coached by South African Paul Roux and have agreed to the friendly fixture which will be seen as a massive boost for Leinster's preparations given the gap in the fixture calendar for the province during the month of March.

Admission is free for season ticket holders and entrance into the ground on the day is €10 (adult) and €5 (schoolchildren) on a first come first served basis.

Supporters will be able to pay at the turnstiles on the night.

Meanwhile, supporters hoping to purchase tickets for the Heineken Cup quarter final in Toulouse have until 1pm on Monday (March 13th) to do so.

Tickets sales have passed the 4,600 mark and are available on http://www.leinsterrugby.ie

Lets hope there's a good turnout on Friday evening, and anyone not yet signed up for Toulouse time is running out............
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
thecoolfreak
Shane Jennings

Post by thecoolfreak »

Definitly heading down to the Padova game. Even though it is a pointless excercise, we have to get out and give the guys our support before they head off
Imperial Mongoonybus
Knowledgeable

Post by Imperial Mongoonybus »

Anywhere but the sandpit please :roll:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

I wonder if they considered a double header with the Leinster game after the final at LR. Set up bars in the ground - Food, music and all the bouncing castles kids stuff. Might have been a big opportunity to create an event and further boost the crowd.
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
ckav
Seán Cronin

Post by ckav »

Flash Gordon wrote:I wonder if they considered a double header with the Leinster game after the final at LR. Set up bars in the ground - Food, music and all the bouncing castles kids stuff. Might have been a big opportunity to create an event and further boost the crowd.
Too much like a good idea, I reckon...
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

They could supply buckets and spades and have a sand castle building competition.They could hold a knobbly knees competition or even a Glamourous Granny competition. Breener could lead bingo at the Wesley End with an Aunt Sally at the Bective end. They could sell sticks of rock with the players names all through them. They could supply deck chairs for those of us on the terraces and play "I do like to be beside the seaside" over the tannoy.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
harryp
Rhys Ruddock

Post by harryp »

I don't think you meant to Mort, but I think "I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE" should be sung next Friday. :idea:

Guaranteed for a laugh :P
Ladyboys, Ladyboys
Ladyboys oh Ladyboys :wink:
Uncle Mort
Shane Horgan

Post by Uncle Mort »

harryp wrote:I don't think you meant to Mort, but I think "I DO LIKE TO BE BESIDE THE SEASIDE" should be sung next Friday. :idea:

Guaranteed for a laugh :P
For no other reason than so far we've not been able to settle on which song should be adopted as our Leinster Anthem - may be "I do like to be beside the seaside" should become our Leinster Anthem. The team could come out to the sound of it being played by Reginald Dixon.

Here's the words I think that most people will know the tune

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside,
I do like to be beside the sea,
I do like to stroll along the prom, prom, prom,
Where the brassbands play
Tiddley-om-pom-pom!
So just let me be beside the seaside,
I'll be beside myself with glee;
And there's lots of girls beside,
I should like to be beside,
Beside the seaside, beside the sea.
"I don't think Edinburgh is the place it used to be"
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Maybe we should ask Sheepshagger to do the Tiddley-om-pom-pom bit on his drum......if only he had any rhythm...... :wink:
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

I'll bring the shades and the factor 20 for our trip to the beach on Friday...... and a bottle of green stuff of course :lol:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

apple sourz wrote:I'll bring the shades and the factor 20 for our trip to the beach on Friday...... and a bottle of green stuff of course :lol:
How about getting the lads out for singing practice that night Apple?
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Flash Gordon wrote:
apple sourz wrote:I'll bring the shades and the factor 20 for our trip to the beach on Friday...... and a bottle of green stuff of course :lol:
I'm assuming everybody will be there for the day that's in it and celebrate all things green. I'll send out an email during the week to make sure.
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

apple sourz wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
I'm assuming everybody will be there for the day that's in it and celebrate all things green. I'll send out an email during the week to make sure.
Aye, make sure Sheepshagger spends the week listening to Keith Moon and Cosy Powell, he might just catch a sense of rhythm for his drum solos...... :lol:
TrueBlue
Enlightened

Post by TrueBlue »

catch a sense of rhythm for his drum
Unforetunately, I dont think even Ringo Star himself could get any rhythm out of them drums...just epends how hard you hit the bloody thing!!
Leinster-Heineken European Cup Champions 2007
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

TrueBlue wrote:
Unforetunately, I dont think even Ringo Star himself could get any rhythm out of them drums...just epends how hard you hit the bloody thing!!
Use the single hand with the most developed wrist muscles TB......imagine its Saturday night and (yet again) you've not pulled......you'll soon get your rhythm..... :wink:
apple sourz
Mullet

Post by apple sourz »

Flash Gordon wrote:
TrueBlue wrote:
Use the single hand with the most developed wrist muscles TB......imagine its Saturday night and (yet again) you've not pulled......you'll soon get your rhythm..... :wink:
Jaysus! If Sheepshagger used that as his rythm we'd never be able to keep up! About 400 bpm... literally :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

apple sourz wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
TrueBlue wrote: Unforetunately, I dont think even Ringo Star himself could get any rhythm out of them drums...just epends how hard you hit the bloody thing!!
Jaysus! If Sheepshagger used that as his rythm we'd never be able to keep up! About 400 bpm... literally :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Aye, even Michael Flatley wouldn't be able to tap to that rhythm..... :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Flash Gordon wrote:
apple sourz wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote: Use the single hand with the most developed wrist muscles TB......imagine its Saturday night and (yet again) you've not pulled......you'll soon get your rhythm..... :wink:
Aye, even Michael Flatley wouldn't be able to tap to that rhythm..... :lol:
"Wankno Wankno Wankno Wankno" as 2Unlimited never quite said
I have Bumbleflex
sheepshagger
Leo Cullen

Post by sheepshagger »

There is nothing wrong with my rthym. .. .I dont usually have any problems when Im going solo (practice makes perfect) . :lol:
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

sheepshagger wrote:There is nothing wrong with my rthym. .. .I dont usually have any problems when Im going solo (practice makes perfect) . :lol:
"I got Rhythm,
I got Rhythm,
I got 5 kids,
who could ask for anything more"
I have Bumbleflex