Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Stuart Lancaster joining Leinster

Post by riocard911 »

blockhead wrote:Once again Tingman, fair play, you are a valuable resource. Stay safe stateside, tis only getting going.
+ 1 :clap:
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

blockhead wrote:Once again Tingman, fair play, you are a valuable resource. Stay safe stateside, tis only getting going.
Not a problem....have my ticket back April 2nd for Sarries game - in the immortal works of Del Boy - think thats gone for a Burton!!

Stay safe all.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

Another excellent podcast with Stuart Lancaster. The man continues to stand head and shoulders above anyone I can think of in the game at present.

It is the Sky SPORTS Will Greenwood latest one
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Lancaster on HB and Baird
“I think both have got tremendous potential. I think Ryan is a tremendous athlete. He’s a real student of the game, a student of the lineout. I think he really wants to grow himself in that area and he’d be certainly focusing on that in this window, knowing him.

“Harry, again, would be a real student of the game, brought up with [his brother] Ross debating it I’m sure every day. He’s got a fantastic all-round skillet: kicking game, passing game and ability to play flat at the line. Physically obviously, there’s still room for development. I’m sure he’ll be focusing on that in this window.

“Overall, for all the young players it’s the competition at Leinster that breeds development, I think.

“When you’re putting that level of squeeze on in training and I guess the quality of the players the likes of Harry and Ryan come up against, I think hopefully it should create little diamonds out of them and it certainly exposes any weaknesses – that’s for sure.”
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Revealing interview with Sam Burgess fills in more of the dots re England's disastrous RWC '15 campaign. The Fords - pere et fils - don't come out smelling too good:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTEoltBWFnU
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

When you hear a player's father and coach has had to leave a club after cheating on his mother with an employee of the club, classy is not the first word that would come to mind.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

johng wrote:When you hear a player's father and coach has had to leave a club after cheating on his mother with an employee of the club, classy is not the first word that would come to mind.
Ouch! Wasn't aware of that gory detail. grma.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Nice article here on the complementary relationship that is Leocaster/Lancullen:
https://www.the42.ie/how-leinster-turne ... 8-Sep2020/
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Neil Francis saying Lancaster is out of contract this season and Sale are a threat, none of which is exactly news but thought i'd update this thread anyway.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

mildlyinterested wrote: January 10th, 2021, 1:15 pm Neil Francis saying Lancaster is out of contract this season and Sale are a threat, none of which is exactly news but thought i'd update this thread anyway.
With the ongoing Covid saga, you couldn’t blame him for wanting a return home.

You’d imagine that he has been stuck in Ireland for much of the last year, and has probably put his personal life on hold?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

munster#1 wrote: January 10th, 2021, 1:52 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: January 10th, 2021, 1:15 pm Neil Francis saying Lancaster is out of contract this season and Sale are a threat, none of which is exactly news but thought i'd update this thread anyway.

You’d imagine that he has been stuck in Ireland for much of the last year, and has probably put his personal life on hold?
Who's personal life hasn't been?
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Ruckedtobits wrote: January 10th, 2021, 2:17 pm
munster#1 wrote: January 10th, 2021, 1:52 pm

Who's personal life hasn't been?
Good point, are you saying that this wouldn’t be an additional factor in his decision making process?

For me I would think that any player or coach that has been stranded in Ireland over the last few months have had a harder time that the locals, as for me anyway, I have been fortunate enough to have been able to meet up with family and friends a fair bit, although with additional restrictions.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Yeah, family seems like it has always been a huge thing for Lancaster. I think he’s from Leeds, right? Sale are based just outside Manchester so would be an hour drive or so from his family, so it certainly looks like the perfect fit from that perspective.

Would be a massive shame to lose him, feels like he had immediate and sustained impact on the squad.

I think we’d be hard pressed to convince the IRFU to recruit a similar level coaching ticket as is now in place in Munster given the current financial situation, another promotion from within, assuming we replace him at all?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

great, tbh I don't expect him to leave.

Although another coach will it appears.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

They were a few easy lines for Frano. Lancaster’s set up here is superior to anything Sale could offer. He is on similar money, more BL job security, doing the job he does best and with a clear pathway back to international level #2 coach (more money & still better security than Sale).

Not sure if all his kids are here, but he and Mrs Lancaster (I assume it’s her!) can be seen regularly in the boroughs around Leinster HQ.

My hunch is he won’t move to Sale.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Must listen to podcast with Lancaster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bzlsl2
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

It's excellent. The best bit is where he says it would be a hard sell to take him away from Leinster.
Blue not red blood
Mullet

Post by Blue not red blood »

His interviews never fail to provide inciteful insights.
Cannot recommend this enough, he deals with every question we would ask
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

mildlyinterested wrote: April 7th, 2022, 11:24 am Must listen to podcast with Lancaster.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p0bzlsl2
Fabulous interview alright and highly informative about how he sees different aspects of the game, in particular the breakdown, how and what he and his colleagues coach, etc. etc. etc. Best bit was the anecdote about J10's recent pre-season. I chuckled at that... A "must listen" is the correct description, Mildly. GRMMA!!!!