Leinster v Dragons Sat 3rd Dec at 19.35 pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

blockhead
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Dragons Sat 3rd Dec at 19.35 pm

Post by blockhead »

Flash Gordon wrote:
johng wrote:If Munster win 6 5 in Scotst'n we will need to beat the dragons by more than 70 points to get back on top of the table. If they lose we just need a win to stay ahead of the Ospreys.

While I would normally support Munster v non Irish opposition..... This is a classic case where I wouldn't
I really don't get how anyone would support any other team in Ireland aside from their own. Particularly a Leinster fan supporting not only a huge rival but a team whose supporters (by and large) have been less than respectful towards us.......not to mention the agenda laden b*%&!cks that came through the media about them being brave and faithful liginds while our team and their supporters were a bunch of D4 ladyboys.
The "Dockers v the Doctors" as Stuart Barnes once said. :lol:
Let them eat cake!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Laighin Break wrote: Why would you support non-Irish opposition against Connacht/Ulster/Munster??
Often have, it simply depends on what was the best outcome for Leinster's position on the league table. or if a defeat for one of the three would give Leinster a home semi-final etc.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

molloyjh wrote: We should all want the provinces doing well, if for no other reason than to increase their contributions to the national team and therefore decreasing our own. But aside from that they have guys we'd cheer for in the green of Ireland. Why would you cheer for a Welsh team that we've no connection to over an Irish team with Irish internationals in it? In situations where Leinster directly benefit from another Irish side losing then I totally understand that, but outside of those situations I can't see a genuine reason for not getting behind them.
That green flag you have wrapped around you is beginning to look a little frayed
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

blockhead wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:
johng wrote:If Munster win 6 5 in Scotst'n we will need to beat the dragons by more than 70 points to get back on top of the table. If they lose we just need a win to stay ahead of the Ospreys.

While I would normally support Munster v non Irish opposition..... This is a classic case where I wouldn't
I really don't get how anyone would support any other team in Ireland aside from their own. Particularly a Leinster fan supporting not only a huge rival but a team whose supporters (by and large) have been less than respectful towards us.......not to mention the agenda laden b*%&!cks that came through the media about them being brave and faithful liginds while our team and their supporters were a bunch of D4 ladyboys.
The "Dockers v the Doctors" as Stuart Barnes once said. :lol:
Let them eat cake!
I'd far prefer to feed them charcoal
No23
Bookworm

Post by No23 »

Any further news on Sean O'Brien or is he ...... again?
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Dave Cahill wrote:
molloyjh wrote: We should all want the provinces doing well, if for no other reason than to increase their contributions to the national team and therefore decreasing our own. But aside from that they have guys we'd cheer for in the green of Ireland. Why would you cheer for a Welsh team that we've no connection to over an Irish team with Irish internationals in it? In situations where Leinster directly benefit from another Irish side losing then I totally understand that, but outside of those situations I can't see a genuine reason for not getting behind them.
That green flag you have wrapped around you is beginning to look a little frayed
Surely Leinster losing less players to Ireland would be a good thing, no?
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Eh, did we not just beat NZ for the first time in 111 years? Are we not only the second Northern Hemisphere team to have ever beaten NZ, RSA and Oz in one calendar year? Are we not current joint favourites along with England for the Slam? Dunno bout anyone else, but my green flag is glowing brighter than ever (and not merely due to the Fenian sunburst I have shining 24/7 on it!)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Dave Cahill wrote:
You don't even see the dissonance, do you?

You argue that cheering against other Irish teams is wrong because they're Irish but your patriotism seems somewhat venal because you want them to do better so Leinster contribute less to Ireland? Its a bit of a greasy till of an argument
I have Bumbleflex
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Would have preferred Mike Mac or Kearney to accompany Molony in the row equally, would preferred Nick McCarthy rather than Rock on the bench - except for the factwe have magic Isa!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

riocard911 wrote:
Eh, did we not just beat NZ for the first time in 111 years? Are we not only the second Northern Hemisphere team to have ever beaten NZ, RSA and Oz in one calendar year? Are we not current joint favourites along with England for the Slam? Dunno bout anyone else, but my green flag is glowing brighter than ever (and not merely due to the Fenian sunburst I have shining 24/7 on it!)
Yeah, you have completely missed the point.

But you should bring that flag up to Ravenhill with you next May.
I have Bumbleflex
Flash Gordon
Leo Cullen

Post by Flash Gordon »

Laighin Break wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Why would you support non-Irish opposition against Connacht/Ulster/Munster??
I repeat. "I really don't get how anyone would support any other team in Ireland aside from their own". I support Leinster. Where did I say that I support non-Irish opposition against anyone?
Flash ahhhh ahhh, he'll save every one of us
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Dave Cahill wrote:
riocard911 wrote:
Yeah, you have completely missed the point.

But you should bring that flag up to Ravenhill with you next May.
To events such as the one you're referring to I prefer to bring my Tricolor with the O'Neill Red Hand of Ulster in the middle of the white field, actually.....
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Laighin Break wrote: Why would you support non-Irish opposition against Connacht/Ulster/Munster??
Apologies, but that is trite cant.

Its obvious why any Leinster fan (or ulster/munster/connacht fan for that matter) would cheer for whichever result benefits their team, and if that means cheering against the other provinces, then so what. I "can't" believe that the question even needs asking
Zactly, just as everyone was shouting for connacht last year until it dawned on us that they could be a threat.... then I was quids in for anyone playing against the wesht.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:
You don't even see the dissonance, do you?

You argue that cheering against other Irish teams is wrong because they're Irish but your patriotism seems somewhat venal because you want them to do better so Leinster contribute less to Ireland? Its a bit of a greasy till of an argument
Is it? I don't think so. If other provinces have more talent and Leinster lose less in international windows then I think that's win-win. I don't want less Leinster players involved in Ireland if it makes Ireland weaker. While I didn't expressly say that I'd have thought I wouldn't have to. I want to see Ireland have access to 40+ international class players. If 30 of them have to come from Leinster then so be it, but it would be better for Leinster if the other provinces could provide more. I'm happy with the former, I'm happier with the latter.
simonokeeffe
Jamie Heaslip

Post by simonokeeffe »

@flash new Euro scheduling was designed to hit union run clubs and benefit sugar daddy clubs

@4m Howard was at Northampton and was let go fairly sharply, further proof hes nothing to worry about is hes playing for the Dragons

Its not even their strongest available team with Prydie on bench, Satorious not starting, and yeah theyre playing 4 centres 11-14. Cudd at 7 is good
Retired from babbling. Can be found on twittter @okeeffesimon
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

Leinster's six match winning run in the league came to an end over in Llanelli last week as the Scarlets beat them well. Leinster began the game brightly but a combination of poor skills and appalling discipline let Scarlets race into a 35-8 lead 15 minutes into the second half. Things looked bleak and a bad hiding looked on the cards but the 14 men showed great character and three of the youngsters in Adam Byrne, Tom Daly and Andrew Porter scored three second half tries which earned Leinster a bonus point from the game.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
suisse
Shane Jennings

Post by suisse »

Laighin Break wrote:
Flash Gordon wrote:

Why would you support non-Irish opposition against Connacht/Ulster/Munster??
You want the result that's best for Leinster. We have a league to win. It is a professional game. I couldn't care less about the other provinces. I don't go out of my way to support a Scottish team v an Irish province but if Munster beat Glasgow tonight, I'm not gonna sit there thinking "wow, that's fantastic." And there are plenty of fans from across Ireland who have the same opinion.
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Wow. I didn't think I would cause so much discussion with an afterthought of a comment about Munster.

I have probably said this before. But people are entitled to support/not support whothefuckever they like.

Saying that no one should support Munster or that everyone should support ALL Irish teams are as wrong as each other. (Not saying that anyone said either)

I support all Irish teams when I choose to. Sometimes I sit down to watch a game and think I am supporting one team only to find that I am willing on the other.

Personally I am not a fan of negative support. The Anyone but United or Anyone but Munster syndrome. But hey. knock yourselves out if that's what rings your bell. It seems to ring the bell of many of my close friends and afaik none of them are axe murderers.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

We should all hate Saracens though.
matt
Graduate

Post by matt »

Dave Cahill wrote:
Apologies, but that is trite cant.

Its obvious why any Leinster fan (or ulster/munster/connacht fan for that matter) would cheer for whichever result benefits their team, and if that means cheering against the other provinces, then so what. I "can't" believe that the question even needs asking
This is Munster Rugby we are talking about. What's all this "trite cant" and "dissonance" talk.
Last edited by matt on December 3rd, 2016, 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.