Moderator: moderators

Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Re: Munster v Leinster St Stephen's Day 5.30 Sky/TG4

Post by Peg Leg »

munster#1 wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
Absolutely brilliant post. I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for that.
:lol:
It may well be a cheesy reply to a loaded question, but I take great pride in being a rugby fan, because it is something that was passed on to me by great men.

I didn't become a Munster fan because they were successful or because that's what my friends were doing, unlike yourself when it come to Leinster I would assume?
So you're a rugby jedi and not actually a fan? A terrible burden M#1.

Provenance matters not one jot in fan-aticism. I must remember that preference for how one came to the game in our future discussion's. How do you apply the handicap to other fans opinions?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

bails wrote:
molloyjh wrote:
bails wrote:I got enough of that on Monday in Thomond Park. Was with a group of Leinster dabs and we were verbally abused both inside and outside the ground. It wasn't friendly banter either, it was threatening and abusive
However, what it told me was that Munster must be winning games again because the kind of fans they haven't seen for years are back at Thomond, at least until their successful run of games comes to an end

In no time we will get hearing about the mythical status of the Legendary and faithful Munster fans. Another fallacy !
So stop going. I have. Most Munster fans are more than decent but I've never been to Thomond without having to deal with that kind of cr@p. But rather than let that get to me and poison my interaction with others who aren't like that I've just removed it from my life. Why let those muppets impact you?
I came to that conclusion after the game on Monday. I now won't go to Thomond which is a pity as I travel frequently to grounds across Europe
Not to worry! You still have English soccer teams to keep you occupied. Hey! There's some of those teams that sing 'Come on you boys in blue'.......You can't lose!
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Nice one Rookie, good to see someone with a sense of humour on here.

Hope you enjoyed your annual visit to the RDS yesterday and that the jersey and scarf you got for Christmas made you more comfortable in the surroundings. Looks like we could make a final of some description this year, you Dan start planning that trip, imagine two games in one season !
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Rookie, just read some of your previous contributions. I didn't realise you were a Munster troll

Substitute Thomond Park for RDS and the rest applies. Sure how could you get to Thomond more than once a year what with all those communions on. The forgetful and the lethathic will no doubt reappear now claiming their right as the best fans in the world, when they bother to show up.
Your on my ignore list, muppet.
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

There's no doubting that the attendance at Munster matches dropped off over the last few seasons.
It's fair to say that Limerick was hit very hard during the recession, with unemployment rates climbing fairly high.

This, along with Munster going through a poor patch directly effected ticket sales. Thankfully the economy is improving, so too is the quality of rugby, and now we are back to sell out crowds.

Having looked at the Leinster website, it obvious that Leinster attendances are in decline, with only one sell out so far this season, and many matches being poorly attended. To me this makes no sense, as Leinster are playing very well this season, with internationals not even making the bench. Given the population of Leinster's catchment area, you would expect that it would be impossible to get tickets for a game.

This is not a dig, and it has no impact on my life at all, so please no personal attacks, but why are so few people going to games this season?
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
All Blacks nil
Mullet

Post by All Blacks nil »

Laighin Break wrote:Well the Munster team for tomorrow's game against Connacht just reeks of disrespect.

15. Andrew Conway
14. Keith Earls
13. Francis Saili
12. Dan Goggin
11. Ronan O’Mahony
10. Ian Keatley
9. Duncan Williams
1. James Cronin
2. Rhys Marshall
3. Stephen Archer
4. Jean Kleyn
5. Dave Foley
6. Billy Holland
7. Tommy O’Donnell
8. Jack O’Donoghue
Replacements:
16. Dave Kilcoyne
17. Kevin O’Byrne
18. Thomas Du Toit
19. Robin Copeland
20. Conor Oliver
21. Te Aihe Toma
22. Rory Scannell
23. Jaco Taute
Good Christmas period for Munster although fortunate that Leinster prioritised the Ulster game and Connacht are in the midst of an injury crisis.
9 out of a possible 10 points.
A well judged selection policy by Rassie over the period.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

munster#1 wrote:There's no doubting that the attendance at Munster matches dropped off over the last few seasons.
It's fair to say that Limerick was hit very hard during the recession, with unemployment rates climbing fairly high.

This, along with Munster going through a poor patch directly effected ticket sales. Thankfully the economy is improving, so too is the quality of rugby, and now we are back to sell out crowds.

Having looked at the Leinster website, it obvious that Leinster attendances are in decline, with only one sell out so far this season, and many matches being poorly attended. To me this makes no sense, as Leinster are playing very well this season, with internationals not even making the bench. Given the population of Leinster's catchment area, you would expect that it would be impossible to get tickets for a game.

This is not a dig, and it has no impact on my life at all, so please no personal attacks, but why are so few people going to games this season?
Generally the same reasons as Munster except without the poor ticketing policies and the fact that the international team riding high can pull people into focusing on them instead of provincial rugby. It takes time for people to drift away ad it takes time for them to come back.

Being forced to play so many kids hurt results and doesn't have the pull that other provinces have had with the resources being thrown at them.
rookie
Graduate

Post by rookie »

bails wrote:Rookie, just read some of your previous contributions. I didn't realise you were a Munster troll

Substitute Thomond Park for RDS and the rest applies. Sure how could you get to Thomond more than once a year what with all those communions on. The forgetful and the lethathic will no doubt reappear now claiming their right as the best fans in the world, when they bother to show up.
2 things, It's either, You are or You're. An example in a sentence would be, You are illiterate or, You're illiterate. I may be "lethathic" but clearly your formative education was lethargic!
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Peg Leg wrote:
munster#1 wrote:
Logorrhea wrote:
Absolutely brilliant post. I literally laughed out loud. Thanks for that.
It may well be a cheesy reply to a loaded question, but I take great pride in being a rugby fan, because it is something that was passed on to me by great men.

I didn't become a Munster fan because they were successful or because that's what my friends were doing, unlike yourself when it come to Leinster I would assume?
So you're a rugby jedi and not actually a fan? Y A terrible burden M#1.

Provenance matters not one jot in fan-aticism. I must remember that preference for how one came to the game in our future discussion's. How do you apply the handicap to other fans opinions?
Time to "Scrap" this line of fantacism. :twisted:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

rookie wrote:
bails wrote:Rookie, just read some of your previous contributions. I didn't realise you were a Munster troll

2 things, It's either, You are or You're. An example in a sentence would be, You are illiterate or, You're illiterate. I may be "lethathic" but clearly your formative education was lethargic!
Hapily, you'l sea that bean on his ignore list hell probubly not sea you're post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

rookie wrote:

Incorrect use of capital letters mid sentence
Incorrect use of commas where none were required
Incorrect use of a comma where a semi-colon would have been correct
You should really say "Two things" rather than "2 things"
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
rookie wrote:

Hapily, you'l sea that bean on his ignore list hell probubly not sea you're post.

I dare say Bails has seen it now :D
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

domhnallj wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote:
rookie wrote: 2 things, It's either, You are or You're. An example in a sentence would be, You are illiterate or, You're illiterate. I may be "lethathic" but clearly your formative education was lethargic!

I dare say Bails has seen it now :D
He's a big boy, he'll be well able to deal himself.