September 2017 Doubleheader in South Africa

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Re: September 2017 Doubleheader in South Africa

Post by BlueBlue »

The responsibility of organising all the travel arrangements lies with Leinster.
Thats not correct. The Pro14 pay the cost of travel for each of the pro14 teams, and as such are part of the travel arrangements planning and are the payers, Leinsters 1st travel option was not acted on quickly enough by the Pro14 , the flights fell through and Leinster had to plan again, this resulted in the traveling party not being able to return from SA together. When the company I work for need flights, its out sourced, that company organise everything but also give advice on visa's , as in what you need. They also give updates on delays, strikes and weather disruptions. I do believe that this is ultimatly Leinsters fault, but lets not go over the top and acknowledge that this is new to everyone and there will be teething problems.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
BlueBlue
Seán Cronin

Post by BlueBlue »

betty swallocks wrote:Embarassing. If our friends down South or the Westies been caught out like this we'd all be having a good laugh and talking about being unprofessional.................
Yes, and our friends in the west, south/west and north are having a good laugh and talking about Leinster being unprofessional.

Embarasment is a wasted emotion, it brings nothing.
drive for 5
Munster 6-Leinster 25 H-cup semi Croke
Leinster 30-Munster 0 2009/10 RDS
Munster 15-Leinster 16 2009/10 Thomond
Leinster 16-Munster 6 2009/10 semi RDS
Leinster 13-Munster 9 2010 Lansdowne
Munster 16-Leinster 22 POC kicks DK in head 2013
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

BlueBlue wrote:
The responsibility of organising all the travel arrangements lies with Leinster.
Thats not correct. The Pro14 pay the cost of travel for each of the pro14 teams, and as such are part of the travel arrangements planning and are the payers, Leinsters 1st travel option was not acted on quickly enough by the Pro14 , the flights fell through and Leinster had to plan again, this resulted in the traveling party not being able to return from SA together. When the company I work for need flights, its out sourced, that company organise everything but also give advice on visa's , as in what you need. They also give updates on delays, strikes and weather disruptions. I do believe that this is ultimatly Leinsters fault, but lets not go over the top and acknowledge that this is new to everyone and there will be teething problems.
It takes less than a minute on Google to find the visa requirements for South Africa.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Hindsight is 20/20 vision.
It's amazing how many punters were on here warning Leinster about the visa requirements.
NOT.
The Saffers don't come clean out of this either.
He who laughs last laughs loudest.
It's now up to team Leinster to kick ass.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote:Hindsight is 20/20 vision.
It's amazing how many punters were on here warning Leinster about the visa requirements.
NOT.
What a ridiculous post!
Why exactly would fans need to know about Leinster player's visa requirements?!
And you're blaming the SA sides for not notifying Leinster? :lol:

The response to this from some has been hilarious. This is Leinster's fault. Nobody elses.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:
NOT.
What a ridiculous post!

The response to this from some has been hilarious. This is Leinster's fault. Nobody elses.
I agree I just don't see what all the song and dance is about.
Mistake made just learn from it and move on.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Oldschool wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
NOT.
What a ridiculous post!

I agree I just don't see what all the song and dance is about.
Mistake made just learn from it and move on.
The 'song and dance' is because a supposedly professional organisation made a foolish amateur error that has weakened us further.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

NOT.
+1 :happy clapper:
awaaf
Bookworm

Post by awaaf »

The Irish way on an issue like this (notwithstanding that a screwup had arisen elsewhere) would likely have been to sort this out and certainly to ensure that two respected international sportsmen (who were clearly going to leave the jurisdiction promptly) did not have the indignity of deportation. Of course other countries are entirely sovereign in how they approach matters.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

awaaf wrote:The Irish way on an issue like this (notwithstanding that a screwup had arisen elsewhere) would likely have been to sort this out and certainly to ensure that two respected international sportsmen (who were clearly going to leave the jurisdiction promptly) did not have the indignity of deportation. Of course other countries are entirely sovereign in how they approach matters.
No, the Irish way would be to maintain the integrity of the states borders the same way every country does, as it has done to people considerably more famous than Isa Nacewa or JGP. Baaba Maal being one example that springs to mind.
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Would never have happened if Kader Asmal was still around. He'd have sorted the matter out pronto!!!!
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Could they not have flown to somewhere nearby like Zimbabwe or Namibia and applied for a visa there? I guess even if this was fast-tracked it would still have taken at least a day or two and they would probably not be available for the first game but they could still have featured in the second game rather than waste all that time flying for nothing.
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

nc6000 wrote:Could they not have flown to somewhere nearby like Zimbabwe or Namibia and applied for a visa there? I guess even if this was fast-tracked it would still have taken at least a day or two and they would probably not be available for the first game but they could still have featured in the second game rather than waste all that time flying for nothing.
4 weeks to obtain a visa, and I doubt that any SA High Commissioner or embassy would be looking to provide a 'fast track' process. Leinster management f%~ked up big time on this and it's a very embarrassing episode for the whole organisation, there's no point in pretending otherwise.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Hippo wrote:4 weeks to obtain a visa, and I doubt that any SA High Commissioner or embassy would be looking to provide a 'fast track' process. Leinster management f%~ked up big time on this and it's a very embarrassing episode for the whole organisation, there's no point in pretending otherwise.
I wasn't aware it took 4 weeks to get a visa. So with the fixtures only announced about 5 weeks ago they would have had to apply for them pretty much straight away.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

BlueBlue wrote:
betty swallocks wrote:Embarassing. If our friends down South or the Westies been caught out like this we'd all be having a good laugh and talking about being unprofessional.................
Yes, and our friends in the west, south/west and north are having a good laugh and talking about Leinster being unprofessional.

Well if it takes 4 weeks to get visas and any of them are due in SA in the next three weeks we may see some interesting squads travelling South.
Even some of the coaches could come down with eh cough some strange maladies.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Oldschool wrote:
BlueBlue wrote:

Well if it takes 4 weeks to get visas and any of them are due in SA in the next three weeks we may see some interesting squads travelling South.
Even some of the coaches could come down with eh cough some strange maladies.
Aye but it should have been job number one - looking to see what, if any, visas are required, how long they take and where to get them.

I fully expect Leinster to come back with 10 points regardless.
sunshiner1
Mullet

Post by sunshiner1 »

y wixfjord » September 14th, 2017, 12:10 pm

future international wrote:

wixfjord wrote:

sunshiner1 wrote:
Genuinely surprised that Issa doesn't have an Irish passport at this stage or at least a Fijian one.

Why would Isa have a Fijian passport?

Well he was capped by them.

And?

Has he ever even lived in Fiji? I don't think so.
You don't need a passport from a country to play for that country.
I don't know whose more pedantic you for continuing this or me for answering you. Issa has Fijian family which was why he qualified for Fiji meaning he could easily get a Fijian passport if he wanted one.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Can someone advise what time Irish these start at and any good stream to watch them on in Vietnam
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Leoslovechild wrote:Can someone advise what time Irish these start at and any good stream to watch them on in Vietnam
You might find this link useful.
http://www.pro14rugby.org/fixtures/
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

nc6000 wrote:
Hippo wrote:4 weeks to obtain a visa, and I doubt that any SA High Commissioner or embassy would be looking to provide a 'fast track' process. Leinster management f%~ked up big time on this and it's a very embarrassing episode for the whole organisation, there's no point in pretending otherwise.
I wasn't aware it took 4 weeks to get a visa. So with the fixtures only announced about 5 weeks ago they would have had to apply for them pretty much straight away.
I think that's the thing. We don't really have to get Visas to go to most places so we forget that they can take a bit of time to get sorted out.
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation