Leinster v Saracens

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

DartVader
Bookworm

Re: Leinster v Saracens

Post by DartVader »

Hi folks.
Just wanted to quickly mention to anyone travelling in to this game from North (county) Dublin that DART and Northern Rail services are off this Saturday and SUNDAY north of Connolly station (they are running from Connolly station south though) due to engineering works so if you were planning on getting the dart to Lansdowne Road it's no dice from north of Connolly station.

Cheers.
DV.
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

Good luck against Saracens, you probably have the most of Ulster backing you for a change
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

rooster wrote:Good luck against Saracens, you probably have the most of Ulster backing you for a change
Good man Rooster.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

There appears to be a distinct possibility of guys coming into the squad as a first game back from injury. Ruddock and SOB are the two that stick out. I would be happier to see them with some slightly easier game time but if the coaches think they are ready then I am pretty happy. I would start Ruddock and bring SOB off the bench after 50 to replace any of the three backrowers but most likely Ruddock.
Raydollard
Graduate

Post by Raydollard »

Ruddock/S O’Brien and Ringrose being available will make a big difference to us. I would like to see Lowe there too. He is an exceptional player and will be more secure playing at home more or less.
Fireworks
Mullet

Post by Fireworks »

Raydollard wrote:Ruddock/S O’Brien and Ringrose being available will make a big difference to us. I would like to see Lowe there too. He is an exceptional player and will be more secure playing at home more or less.
All three would be good. Selecting Lowe involves making a decision on whether his positives outweigh the negatives. This is true for everyone but very visible in his case. I am on the fence but leaning towards having him. There is a part of me that goes with the old Brazilian soccer approach of not worrying about defending issues as we will just score more goals than you. He may leak but can we compensate and will be break them open.
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Raydollard wrote:Ruddock/S O’Brien and Ringrose being available will make a big difference to us. I would like to see Lowe there too. He is an exceptional player and will be more secure playing at home more or less.

I hope so, as he scares the living daylights out of the opposition when attacking .................... and does the same to me with some of his defending!!
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

BlueWheels wrote:

I hope so, as he scares the living daylights out of the opposition when attacking .................... and does the same to me with some of his defending!!
The IT piece today about Nick McCarthy's injury / availability rings true and will thus determine the outcome. Despite seeing shots of Fardy sitting out training yesterday, I can't see that we go into this game without him somewhere in the 23. Ergo, JGP loses out if McCarthy fit to go. Otherwise Lowe watches on.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Ruckedtobits wrote:
BlueWheels wrote:

The IT piece today about Nick McCarthy's injury / availability rings true and will thus determine the outcome. Despite seeing shots of Fardy sitting out training yesterday, I can't see that we go into this game without him somewhere in the 23. Ergo, JGP loses out if McCarthy fit to go. Otherwise Lowe watches on.
Fardy often sits out training from photos I've seen. He is playing back to back seasons.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

also this 'sitting out training' thing is at a point (minutes most likely) in time, during a session when the photographer was active. The pic with Fardy sitting was along with others who played v Ospreys. Listening to the clip on Leinsterrugby with Stuart Lancaster is informative. Mon was pretty much an assessment day; Tues off train Wed. I'd say Wed is an important day for SOB and possibly Conan. The only ones (new as of last week) definitely out are DK, Jordan and Noel Reid.
Paul6

Post by Paul6 »

Hi guys, sarries fan here! I’m not too confident in us getting a result but hoping for a good game of rugby regardless of the outcome. I’ll be going to the game with my uncle from Dublin... hopefully I won’t get too much stick if we lose!

P.s. can anyone recommend the best place for a pre-match drink?
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

Paul6 wrote:Hi guys, sarries fan here! I’m not too confident in us getting a result but hoping for a good game of rugby regardless of the outcome. I’ll be going to the game with my uncle from Dublin... hopefully I won’t get too much stick if we lose!

No shortage of pubs close to the Stadium and all will be busy and all with in walking distance. Beggars Bush on Haddington Road or Slattery's a few mins up the road closer to the stadium will be busy. Also The Old Spot or The Bath on Bath Avenue.
Up on Merrion Road you have The Bridge, Paddy Cullens and the Horse Show House. Check where your seats are in the stadium and what Route you need to take in. Will impact where you head for a pint.

Enjoy the game but hopefully not the result!
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
molloyjh
Mullet

Post by molloyjh »

Paul6 wrote:Hi guys, sarries fan here! I’m not too confident in us getting a result but hoping for a good game of rugby regardless of the outcome. I’ll be going to the game with my uncle from Dublin... hopefully I won’t get too much stick if we lose!

I'd be a big fan of Beggars Bush personally. Pints are a bit cheaper and even when it's manically busy they manage to turn the customers around pretty quick. We tend to end up there before and after most games in the Aviva. But the location means there's no shortage of pubs in walking distance of the stadium anyway. And you're not too far from the city centre either so can walk back in that way too if you want to find somewhere a little quieter. Generally anywhere immediately around the stadium will be packed.
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

Depends where your uncle lives!

There's pubs in pretty much every direction of the stadium.

Given it will be a sell out you'll be getting a great atmosphere anywhere in a 2km radius of the stadium.

I'm a big fan of Ballsbridge for pre match stuff. The Bridge, Cullens etc.

Baggot Street is also a great spot for some good pubs. The Lansdowne Hotel and Searsons especially
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:

Given it will be a sell out you'll be getting a great atmosphere anywhere in a 2km radius of the stadium.

Baggot Street is also a great spot for some good pubs. The Lansdowne Hotel and Searsons especially
Sh!tty Okays although I prefer the schoolhouse
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Oldschool wrote:
arsebiscuits1 wrote:

Sh!tty Okays although I prefer the schoolhouse
To translate that for our visiting supporter :D - "Shitty Okays" = "Kitty O'Sheas".... a pub about 15 mins walk from the stadium on the city side
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

'Mark McCall confirms Billy Vunipola WON'T return from a broken arm in time for Sunday's Champs Cup clash v Leinster. Owen Farrell still struggling with a quad niggle - rated 50-50. Sarries will make a final call on Friday.'

I still think the Farrell stuff is smoke and mirrors, but we shall see.
neiliog93
Shane Horgan

Post by neiliog93 »

I expect Farrell and Kruis to both play, this is a huge game. Billy definitely seems to be out. Based on updates from our camp, Reid is definitely out, and SOB seems to be too big of a risk. But I think Ferg will play. Based partly on the needs-must situation in the back row and Lancaster praising Ruddock's GPS scores in training, I think Ruddock will play. Conan seems to be out.

1.Healy 2.Cronin 3.Furlong

4.Ja.Ryan/Fardy 5.Toner

6.Ruddock 8.Jor.Murphy 7.Leavy

16.B.Byrne (least out of form pick IMO) 17.J.McGrath 18.Porter 19.Fardy/Ja.Ryan 20.Deegan
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
El Diablo
Mullet

Post by El Diablo »

Fireworks wrote:There appears to be a distinct possibility of guys coming into the squad as a first game back from injury. Ruddock and SOB are the two that stick out. I would be happier to see them with some slightly easier game time but if the coaches think they are ready then I am pretty happy. I would start Ruddock and bring SOB off the bench after 50 to replace any of the three backrowers but most likely Ruddock.
He wont risk Ruddock. It will be Fardy at 6.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

More "smoke and daggers" on Farrell being 50-50.
http://www.espn.co.uk/rugby/story/_/id/ ... cial_GC_TW