Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster v Saracens

Post by ronk »

Super performance. Leavy my MoM
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

awesome performance - all to play for now.....lets see if we can see this out in its entirely undefeated.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dan Leavy was immense.

80 minutes
1 try
16 carries
82 metres
3 linebreaks
4 defenders beaten
2 offloads
2 passes
14 tackles
Huge ruck work
Lineout effort https://t.co/wXPKp9WigU
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

That was class! J Ryan’s physicality is scary good for a young fella who’s “growing into his body”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
christy
Bookworm

Post by christy »

Great win. My favourite part was when big Dev smashed Farrell.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

Twist wrote:That was class! J Ryan’s physicality is scary good for a young fella who’s “growing into his body”
Meh, hes a poor mans Maro Itoge
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Some 3rd quarter to clinch that. I was worried we wouldn't see that out momentarily. But saracens wilted under the effort and the handling errors just kept piling up. Seriously impressive. Nick McCarthy is not the scrum half to see out a tight game like that.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

Best atmosphere I can remember at the Aviva for Leinster game
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Jaysus that was tough! I was concerned after the 1st half, 38% possesssion was not good at home. But they came out in the 2nd for sure.
Well done boys.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

I was fairly confident free we cut them open twice in 5 minutes.

They did a super job of adapting and tightening up but it was harder for them to chase the game and we had the measure of most of their attack.

Between mostly good discipline and lack of turnovers they didn’t really get the platform to drive over mauls often enough.

Super tackling in the line.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

ronk wrote:I was fairly confident free we cut them open twice in 5 minutes.

They did a super job of adapting and tightening up but it was harder for them to chase the game and we had the measure of most of their attack.

Between mostly good discipline and lack of turnovers they didn’t really get the platform to drive over mauls often enough.

Super tackling in the line.
They're not really set up to chase a lead like that. They prefer to build a lead thru pressure and then wait for mistakes. They spent a lot of energy winning the gainline battle for change. It's very hard after that to up the tempo to make something happen after 70 mins of a match when you move the ball 50-60m up the pitch. Hard for a pack to track. They needed an offload for a line break.
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
promsandwich
Learner

Post by promsandwich »

I'm an Ulster season ticket holder but I recorded your game today just so could watch some quality rugby. Also I support all the other provinces as long as they aren't playing us. Absolutely magnificent performance by you lads. Defended really well but played what was in front of you all the time. A few great scores but the really impressive thing is the intelligence on display. The Ryan offload to Leavy to burst through for the try was superb. And JS has some balls. The cheap shots on him went unpunished by the ref but the lad never takes a backward step. Ring rose's kick about a metre into touch was another highlight. Good to keep the Irish flag flying. Well done Leinster and I'll be cheering you on in the next round.

PS Can we have Lancaster lol?
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Three things...

Dan Leavy

James Ryan

Ronk needs a calculator.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

paddyor wrote: They're not really set up to chase a lead like that. They prefer to build a lead thru pressure and then wait for mistakes.
. Yep, good shout
I have Bumbleflex
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

promsandwich wrote:I'm an Ulster season ticket holder but I recorded your game today just so could watch some quality rugby. Also I support all the other provinces as long as they aren't playing us. Absolutely magnificent performance by you lads. Defended really well but played what was in front of you all the time. A few great scores but the really impressive thing is the intelligence on display. The Ryan offload to Leavy to burst through for the try was superb. And JS has some balls. The cheap shots on him went unpunished by the ref but the lad never takes a backward step. Ring rose's kick about a metre into touch was another highlight. Good to keep the Irish flag flying. Well done Leinster and I'll be cheering you on in the next round.

PS Can we have Lancaster lol?

Thanks for the support. I hope that Ulster qualify for Europe Champions Cup next season but it seems unlikely now. I agree you need a good coach now to turn the club around.
kermischocolate
Mullet

Post by kermischocolate »

Didn't see today's game but well done folks. :happy clapper: :happy clapper: :clap: :clap:
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Very, very satisfying win. Sarries were good without having much guile. Thought Jordi had a very good game at 8. Kicking game will need to improve though. Scarlets will be a different beast entirely.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Angelsea Angst
Bookworm

Post by Angelsea Angst »

At least we will not underestimate Scarlets due to last years experience.