Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

leinsterforever
Mullet

Re: Leinster v Munster 2018 Pro14 S/F 19th May RDS

Post by leinsterforever »

Peg Leg wrote:I can see taute playing this one
Taute seems to have been built up in his absence in some quarters into Munster's saviour, the player who would have made a big difference against Racing and the like. I don't see it. I certainly wouldn't pick him ahead of Scannell or Arnold. Erasmus had to choose the defensive liability Francis Saili ahead of Taute against Scarlets last season because of his complete lack of pace
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

blockhead wrote:ROL got 2 tries from 13 the last time Munster came to Dublin. One of them was an absolute beauty too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CXhmwMStA
yeah greater concern is his defensive. if he starts at 13 i think he will do well.
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Post by artaneboy »

wixfjord wrote:Whilst they're always fun to do, indivdual player by player rankings mean feck all on the day.
Quite.

Some of the match-ups don’t even actually oppose each other in play that much. But fun still...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

blockhead wrote:ROL got 2 tries from 13 the last time Munster came to Dublin. One of them was an absolute beauty too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59CXhmwMStA
He was also pretty good in other interpros last season, and in other games.
He struggled for form when fit this season but I wonder was he fully fit. Plus, as someone mentioned above, it must totally disrupt your flow and confidence to play outside someone as mercurial as Reid.
There is no doubt that he did not deserve to be in Ireland camp THIS season. And we all know Joe likes to get as many people as possible exposure to camp, so it made sense to bring Arnold in.

All that said, I would go back to my earlier point: is Arnold really better than ROL?
I will phrase it another way: is Arnold in the second half of the 2017/18 season better than the ROL of last season?
Personally, I am not so sure.
As for this weekend, he looked a bit better recently, so maybe he is properly fit. He was selected on the bench for the Champions Cup final - even in spite of the injuries we had, that still meant him being selected ahead of other backs, so management clearly still thinks he is good.
Also, as was mentioned, surely playing with Ringrose would improve his game?

Time will tell.
brotheroffrank
Knowledgeable

Post by brotheroffrank »

Postby blockhead » May 15th, 2018, 10:29 am

mildlyinterested wrote:
blockhead wrote:
Odd that Pro14 selected a SA ref for this game. Surely his neutrality is open to question, no?

:lol:
his competence also questionable.

Didn't he get de-selected from Super Rugby?
Nigel Owens does cameos speaking Welsh to the Welsh teams, Wayne Barnes follows suit speaking French to Racing 92, so obviously they had to go with a South African referee to try to explain the rules to Munster......
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Looking forward to seeing Leinster taking to the pitch as 4 time European champions, particularly with munster giving them a guard of honour
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

maps wrote:Looking forward to seeing Leinster taking to the pitch as 4 time European champions, particularly with munster giving them a guard of honour
It's a good thing this game isn't in Spain too, what with that 'cabrón' chant they do here! :D
I have Bumbleflex
offshorerules
Seán Cronin

Post by offshorerules »

Reports coming out that Munster are returning 1000 tickets. No appetite for the game? Seems odd from the 'best fans in the world'.
"POC will not be going to Toulon" - All Blacks nil » May 27th, 2015, 12:18 am
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

offshorerules wrote:Reports coming out that Munster are returning 1000 tickets. No appetite for the game? Seems odd from the 'best fans in the world'.
I heard they're soooooooo confident, they're saving they're money for the final!

True story....... or maybe not! :D
Grumpy Old Man
Shane Jennings

Post by Grumpy Old Man »

offshorerules wrote:Reports coming out that Munster are returning 1000 tickets. No appetite for the game? Seems odd from the 'best fans in the world'.
You do know there's a royal wedding on...
A proud Winsome Fluter
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

For the first time in my life, I cannot make fun of Munster fans using the 'communions' excuse.
I will actually be in Dublin this weekend...but am at a Communion on Saturday afternoon. My mate doesn't even have a telly :shock:
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

curates_egg wrote:For the first time in my life, I cannot make fun of Munster fans using the 'communions' excuse.
I will actually be in Dublin this weekend...but am at a Communion on Saturday afternoon. My mate doesn't even have a telly :shock:
A well..... more pens for the rest of us :lol:
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

curates_egg wrote:For the first time in my life, I cannot make fun of Munster fans using the 'communions' excuse.

Mate!! Ah here it's not even family, now that's a raw deal
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Scott wrote:

Talk to god about it. I'm the godfather.

And - this is embarrassing - the communion was last weekend, and they postponed the celebration partially because I was in Bilbao (and partially because she had scarlet fever). My mate got the dates wrong, hence the double-booking last weekend. Unlike a Munster fan, I didn't use the communion excuse. But I can't get away with it two weeks in a row :wink:
Leinsterlunatic
Bookworm

Post by Leinsterlunatic »

curates_egg wrote:
Scott wrote:

And - this is embarrassing - the communion was last weekend, and they postponed the celebration partially because I was in Bilbao (and partially because she had scarlet fever). My mate got the dates wrong, hence the double-booking last weekend. Unlike a Munster fan, I didn't use the communion excuse. But I can't get away with it two weeks in a row :wink:
Bring an iPad, get some wifi, go for an 80 minute toilet break.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Leinsterlunatic wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Scott wrote: Mate!! Ah here it's not even family, now that's a raw deal

Bring an iPad, get some wifi, go for an 80 minute toilet break.
Thankfully, he has a good IT set-up, and has been warned. Only problem is that most of the others are Munster fans, so the toilet will get pretty smelly :lol:
Scott
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Scott »

curates_egg wrote:
Scott wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No now it's time to suck it up and show your face. Have a family communion myself. Hoping to go on radio silence for the day and watch it when i get home........
"My final expression of thanks is to the supporters of both Ireland and Leinster with whom I have shared some special days that I will never forget" - Shane Horgan
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Can somebody find a mannequin and dress it up as curate egg? C'mon people, one or our brother's needs assitance.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Grumpy Old Man wrote:
You do know there's a royal wedding on...
:happy clapper: :happy clapper:

Fair play GOM - you see though the Communion lies as well!
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Well seeing as rugby fans are all west brits then fair enough