Jonathan Sexton - Leinster Legend & Captain

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

User avatar
blockhead
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6129
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Jonathan Sexton - Leinster Legend & Captain

Post by blockhead »

mildlyinterested wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 11:36 am
Johnny Sexton has been nominated for the World Rugby Men's 15s Player of the Decade award.

Other nominee's:

Dan Carter
Pieter-Steph du Toit
Thierry Dusautoir
Brodie Retallick
Richie McCaw
Kieran Reed
Beauden Barrett
And here is the link to vote;
https://www.world.rugby/tournaments/awards/fan-vote

It's up to the fans so lets get in there and vote, get you kids to vote, buy a new phone and vote with that too. Vote, vote, vote!
Jamie and Allison Miller are nominated for try of the decade too so vote for them also.

It's the sextonomy stupid!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!

User avatar
Xanthippe
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3775
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Jonathan Sexton - Leinster Legend & Captain

Post by Xanthippe »

blockhead wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 12:30 pm
mildlyinterested wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 11:36 am
Johnny Sexton has been nominated for the World Rugby Men's 15s Player of the Decade award.

Other nominee's:

Dan Carter
Pieter-Steph du Toit
Thierry Dusautoir
Brodie Retallick
Richie McCaw
Kieran Reed
Beauden Barrett
And here is the link to vote;
https://www.world.rugby/tournaments/awards/fan-vote

It's up to the fans so lets get in there and vote, get you kids to vote, buy a new phone and vote with that too. Vote, vote, vote!
Jamie and Allison Miller are nominated for try of the decade too so vote for them also.

It's the sextonomy stupid!
All you need to do is clear the cache after you vote and you can vote as often as you like :wink:
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever

User avatar
blockhead
Shane Jennings
Posts: 6129
Joined: December 14th, 2011, 2:20 pm
Location: Bastardstown, Co. Wexford

Re: Jonathan Sexton - Leinster Legend & Captain

Post by blockhead »

Xanthippe wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 2:02 pm
blockhead wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 12:30 pm
mildlyinterested wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 11:36 am
Johnny Sexton has been nominated for the World Rugby Men's 15s Player of the Decade award.

Other nominee's:

Dan Carter
Pieter-Steph du Toit
Thierry Dusautoir
Brodie Retallick
Richie McCaw
Kieran Reed
Beauden Barrett
And here is the link to vote;
https://www.world.rugby/tournaments/awards/fan-vote

It's up to the fans so lets get in there and vote, get you kids to vote, buy a new phone and vote with that too. Vote, vote, vote!
Jamie and Allison Miller are nominated for try of the decade too so vote for them also.

It's the sextonomy stupid!
All you need to do is clear the cache after you vote and you can vote as often as you like :wink:
Yes. But we're not Saracens now are we.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!

User avatar
Xanthippe
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3775
Joined: September 5th, 2008, 6:48 pm

Re: Jonathan Sexton - Leinster Legend & Captain

Post by Xanthippe »

blockhead wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 2:06 pm
Xanthippe wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 2:02 pm
blockhead wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 12:30 pm


And here is the link to vote;
https://www.world.rugby/tournaments/awards/fan-vote

It's up to the fans so lets get in there and vote, get you kids to vote, buy a new phone and vote with that too. Vote, vote, vote!
Jamie and Allison Miller are nominated for try of the decade too so vote for them also.

It's the sextonomy stupid!
All you need to do is clear the cache after you vote and you can vote as often as you like :wink:
Yes. But we're not Saracens now are we.
We bloody well are if it means J-Sex beats the Kiwis!!!
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE



I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever

User avatar
neiliog93
Brian O'Driscoll
Posts: 3979
Joined: April 12th, 2008, 11:42 am

Re: Jonathan Sexton - Leinster Legend & Captain

Post by neiliog93 »

It's already sewn up by McCaw or Carter, like the former's farcical World Player of the Year award in 2009.
"This is breathless stuff.....it's on again. Contepomi out to Hickie,D'Arcy,Hickie.......................HICKIE FOR THE CORNER! THAT IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User avatar
Serb
Knowledgeable
Posts: 306
Joined: March 27th, 2012, 3:27 pm

Re: Jonathan Sexton - Leinster Legend & Captain

Post by Serb »

It’s great to be considered for this award but, as good as Sexton has been for both us and Ireland, he does not deserve to win this award ahead of many of the nominees on that list.

The achievements of New Zealand in this decade in particular; two World Cups, 18 game winning streak and an 88% win rate over 133 games; is insane, and as it happens the players that contributed to that also happen to be some of the greatest players to ever play the game.

User avatar
ronk
Leo Cullen
Posts: 10642
Joined: April 9th, 2009, 12:42 am

Re: Jonathan Sexton - Leinster Legend & Captain

Post by ronk »

Serb wrote:
October 15th, 2020, 8:25 pm
It’s great to be considered for this award but, as good as Sexton has been for both us and Ireland, he does not deserve to win this award ahead of many of the nominees on that list.

The achievements of New Zealand in this decade in particular; two World Cups, 18 game winning streak and an 88% win rate over 133 games; is insane, and as it happens the players that contributed to that also happen to be some of the greatest players to ever play the game.
5 of the 8 nominees are NZers. They are being recognised.

Carter and McCaw only played for half the decade.

The nominees are anyone who won the award in the last 10 years. Barrett won it twice and was an international for most of the decade, so I’d expect him to win it. Sexton has a decent enough case though.

Post Reply