Connacht Away Sept 29th 5.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Connacht Away Sept 29th 5.15

Post by riocard911 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Of course, but the point is more about the strength of the team that we'd be looking to pick.

I am expecting Tomane to start though and I've got to say that would worry me. When the atmosphere ramps up over there and Aki is in top form...could get ugly.
+1
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

I assume the max amount of games that internationals would be expected to play in the first tranche of the season (up to and including the Toulouse match) would be 5 or 6 depending on the player, their age and possibly their position.

Given that Henshaw has started three matches already I'd be astonished to see him feature this weekend. Ringrose has only played two though so would be less of a surprise to see him involved in some capacity.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Isa Nacewa testimonial dinner on tonight.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Hopefully Tomane will have spent plenty of time on agility and positioning work over the last few weeks.

Also the type of player he is, he should suit defending against a player like Aki who's a bit more fond of contact than a stepper like against Cardiff.

He and ROL will have a big job against Aki & Farrell though alright.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

cormac wrote:I assume the max amount of games that internationals would be expected to play in the first tranche of the season (up to and including the Toulouse match) would be 5 or 6 depending on the player, their age and possibly their position.

Given that Henshaw has started three matches already I'd be astonished to see him feature this weekend. Ringrose has only played two though so would be less of a surprise to see him involved in some capacity.

Apparently irish players are not allowed play 3 games in a row as the stats show a big spike in injury on game 3. So the likes of Sexton ringrose henshaw etc won’t be playing this weekend
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
cormac wrote:I assume the max amount of games that internationals would be expected to play in the first tranche of the season (up to and including the Toulouse match) would be 5 or 6 depending on the player, their age and possibly their position.

Apparently irish players are not allowed play 3 games in a row as the stats show a big spike in injury on game 3. So the likes of Sexton ringrose henshaw etc won’t be playing this weekend
that's not the case though.. plenty of irish players will and have played 3 games in a row with Munster and Europe to come.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Theleinsterlad wrote:

They'll be playing three games in a row after this one!

Where did you get that insight?
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Theleinsterlad wrote:

The fact that Henshaw and Conan have started the last three games in a row would question the validity of your claim. It would also be a surprise if there are no Irish internationals starting all three of the Munster/Wasps/Toulouse matches.
Last edited by cormac on September 26th, 2018, 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

wixfjord wrote:
Theleinsterlad wrote:

They'll be playing three games in a row after this one!

Where did you get that insight?
It was on one of the podcasts I think one of the independent journalists said it. I’m not saying they won’t play 3 in a row when the games are majorly Important, but not for a early Pro14 game
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
It was on one of the podcasts I think one of the independent journalists said it. I’m not saying they won’t play 3 in a row when the games are majorly Important, but not for a early Pro14 game
Jack Conan and Henshaw have just played 3 in a row!

I don't think the rules are set like that, it's set player be player over the course of the season.
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

wixfjord wrote:
Theleinsterlad wrote:
Jack Conan and Henshaw have just played 3 in a row!

I don't think the rules are set like that, it's set player be player over the course of the season.
From the42
http://www.the42.ie/player-management-p ... 5-Sep2018/

Looks like there’s a decent amount of science involved.

Highlights:
Around 90 players covered by Schminutes
Total Schminutes for the year between 1800 and 2100 mins/year/player
Plan is made at start of year and then continuous s discussions with coaches re player availability
Schmidt is very closely involved in these discussions and seems to have last word (no surprises there)
elephantman
Knowledgeable

Post by elephantman »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
cormac wrote:John Lacey is the ref for this game
He was an embarrassment during the summer tests
John Lacey is a dreadful referee. Absolutely awful.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Theleinsterlad wrote:
Irish Independent?? There's the problem right there! :)
Dont Panic!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

etak252 wrote:I reckon the loses last season to Ospreys away Treviso home and especially Connacht away really annoyed Leo and Stuart L. Reckon they will be looking at the same players involved last season to put in big performance on saturday.
They have to latch onto these performances to try and avoid any complacency. Remember the time we got hammered at home by Scarlets about 10 years ago... they've only just stopped bringing that one up!
Dont Panic!
BlueWheels
Bookworm

Post by BlueWheels »

Theleinsterlad wrote: one of the independent journalists said it.

Reason enough to ignore it .....
tomthefan
Knowledgeable

Post by tomthefan »

elephantman wrote:
Theleinsterlad wrote:
cormac wrote:John Lacey is the ref for this game
He was an embarrassment during the summer tests
John Lacey is a dreadful referee. Absolutely awful.
I haven't really noticed that myself, he reffed the Australia Argentina game the other
week, I only saw highlights but I thought he did OK.
You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date this ban will be lifted: Never
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I actually like Lacey as a ref. He doesn't always have great empathy for the game but he is fairly consistent in his decisions. And as an ex winger he has no problem keeping up with play.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

He's better than Clancy or Fitzgibbon. I'll give him that.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

cormac wrote:He's better than Clancy or Fitzgibbon. I'll give him that.
Damning with faint praise is what I call that.

Fitzgibbon is so utterly inept that even with the benefit of TV (as he remains a regular TMO) he still gets most calls wrong. (imhomnsho)
Four Stars
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Lar wrote:
cormac wrote:He's better than Clancy or Fitzgibbon. I'll give him that.
Damning with faint praise is what I call that.

Fitzgibbon is so utterly inept that even with the benefit of TV (as he remains a regular TMO) he still gets most calls wrong. (imhomnsho)
Lol!! Could we maybe have a rerun of the famous monkey vs ape discussion? It's been so long I've forgotten the difference!