Connacht Away Sept 29th 5.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Re: Connacht Away Sept 29th 5.15

Post by curates_egg »

Here is a storm in a teacup; he said, she said.
Healy complained that Connacht disrespected us last season. Connacht said 'oh no we didn't':
http://www.the42.ie/connacht-cian-healy ... =shortlink
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

curates_egg wrote:Here is a storm in a teacup; he said, she said.
Healy complained that Connacht disrespected us last season. Connacht said 'oh no we didn't':
:roll: :roll:

Man the media love spicing these exchanges up. It was literally one sentence
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Remember Larmour tried to block it down? :lol:
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Remember Larmour tried to block it down? :lol:
I thought that was class actually. Apart from the fact that doing so actually showed "respect" to Muldoon, frantically tilting at windmills in the 77th minute was a great show of commitment to the Leinster cause.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

curates_egg wrote:Here is a storm in a teacup; he said, she said.
Ridiculous stuff. It seemed from Healy's interview that he was asked specifically about it and he said "yeah it was a bit disrespectful" which it was. I'd imagine Healy had forgotten about the whole thing, but now The42 brought it up and are trying to make him sound bitter. And then they pass this non-story/grudge, that they've essentially created, onto Connacht and get their thoughts on his thoughts.
I remember at the time The42 and sites like that were giving out about Larmour trying to block it.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I like the reaction of Healy and Larmour. They're pro players sore at losing and being humiliated. Hopefully the lads remember it on Saturday.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

This really is bubbling nicely
Between Healy’s comment, which were totally taken out of context really but he defo has a bitter taste in his mouth over it which I’m delighted to hear....
And Luke Fitzs article/podcast comments have fueled this games fire big time

Word is we are sending a loaded team with not many big names missing so in the words of Kevin Keegan “I’d love it if we beat them down there”
possibly only Ryan/Leavy out as they are doubtful over concussion issue which is fair enough
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Gearzbox2 wrote:This really is bubbling nicely
Between Healy’s comment, which were totally taken out of context really but he defo has a bitter taste in his mouth over it which I’m delighted to hear....
And Luke Fitzs article/podcast comments have fueled this games fire big time

Word is we are sending a loaded team with not many big names missing so in the words of Kevin Keegan “I’d love it if we beat them down there”
possibly only Ryan/Leavy out as they are doubtful over concussion issue which is fair enough
i'll believe it when i see it.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Whatever gets them up for the match works for me. I don't think Muldoon disrespected Leinster I think we did that ourselves by the lack of effort put in by some of our players that day, something I certainly don't want to see ever again. If they can get the hunger and bitterness needed from Muldoon kicking that conversion so be it.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Lads were minding themselves for the semi-finals, winning/losing in Connacht that day had no effect on season. It's why players who were going to be relied upon in the semi finals shouldn't have started, maybe younger lads would knew they'd not be involved in semi's should have started. Ah well, last seasons game meant nothing and leinster played that way, thankfully it had no effect on leinster doing the double.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Totally agree mildly. The only reason to send any first teamers was to honour Muldoon's last match. We did that. We got pasted. Muldoon got a great send off. We still won both Cups. Everyone happy.

If a few players still feel sore about the manner of the defeat last time (they are still competitive pros after all) and up their game this week-end all the better.
Four Stars
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'll be very surprised if we send down a full team to Galway. Can't see us doing that for four weeks in a row, and we're not going to put out a shell side against Munster.
etak252
Learner

Post by etak252 »

I reckon the loses last season to Ospreys away Treviso home and especially Connacht away really annoyed Leo and Stuart L. Reckon they will be looking at the same players involved last season to put in big performance on saturday.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

@CianTracey1

Sean O’Brien came through Leinster’s training session yesterday without any issues and he could be involved against Connacht on Saturday.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Interesting to hear that some of the Leinster lads had a few issues with Connacht's celebrating and mouthing after a few of their wins down there too. I remember Aki doing a bit of that a few seasons back alright, but didn't realise it was an ongoing thing.
wprathead
Bookworm

Post by wprathead »

Going to be a cracking game on Saturday, its a bit silly that the narrative being pushed is about Muldoon's conversion
I've no issue with Healy being annoyed about it, he is a ulta competitive professional athlete - it'd be weird if he didn't have his back up
That said, its important to remember the context of the kick - it had nothing to do with being disrespectful to Leinster, it was all about Muldoon (plus he apologised to Leinster straight after in TG4 interview)

Luke Fitz fanning the flames is sadly predictable though

Anyway, onto the actual game
Expect pretty much the same 23
Butler and Thornbury are out so will expect Fainga'a and Dillane to come in with Cannon and Boyle onto bench
Can see McCartney starting and being captain with Heffernan swapping to the bench

Would like Niyi to get a start but he is great player to bring on
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

wixfjord wrote:I'll be very surprised if we send down a full team to Galway. Can't see us doing that for four weeks in a row, and we're not going to put out a shell side against Munster.
I had thought that (and to a large extent I still do) but I suppose with the squad we have and the teams we've picked so far there's a fair bit of scope to mix and match again. I'd expect Fardy, Leavy and Rob to start this weekend for example, and think we can rotate a small bit for the Munster and European games. Apart from Ringshaw I reckon there'll be a change in every row, at half back, and in the back three over those three games.

I was thinking about this after the game on Saturday, our coaches have really done a brilliant job at rotating the squad over the last couple of seasons, to the point where we had Tracy, Bent, and Deegan starting and left Fardy out entirely but people just see it as a really strong side.
Lar
Mullet

Post by Lar »

Leavy only if he passes the HIA return to play protocols....

Even then I might put him on the bench and give him 20 minutes rather than starting him this week. Particularly if SOB is available to start.
Four Stars
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Of course, but the point is more about the strength of the team that we'd be looking to pick.

I am expecting Tomane to start though and I've got to say that would worry me. When the atmosphere ramps up over there and Aki is in top form...could get ugly.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Of course, but the point is more about the strength of the team that we'd be looking to pick.

I am expecting Tomane to start though and I've got to say that would worry me. When the atmosphere ramps up over there and Aki is in top form...could get ugly.
Yeah I reckon Ringshaw will be kept for the 3 games after. Ditto Sexton and also Conan because he's done the full 80 4 times in a row. Beyond that I'm not really sure, think a few of the frontliners could be on the bench. After the Munster game we won't see any of them in the League until Christmas and they'll be rotated thru that period. Injuries aside and depending on how we do in the 6N/HEC could be April before we see them in the Pro14. May as well use some of the schminutes now.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles