Moderator: moderators

Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Re: Connacht Away Sept 29th 5.15

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
wixfjord wrote:
Theleinsterlad wrote:
It was on one of the podcasts I think one of the independent journalists said it. I’m not saying they won’t play 3 in a row when the games are majorly Important, but not for a early Pro14 game
Jack Conan and Henshaw have just played 3 in a row!

I don't think the rules are set like that, it's set player be player over the course of the season.
From the42
http://www.the42.ie/player-management-p ... 5-Sep2018/

Looks like there’s a decent amount of science involved.

Highlights:
Around 90 players covered by Schminutes
Total Schminutes for the year between 1800 and 2100 mins/year/player
Plan is made at start of year and then continuous s discussions with coaches re player availability
Schmidt is very closely involved in these discussions and seems to have last word (no surprises there)
Leinster's Ireland Player's Games/Minutes 2017-18

#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

Only six players over 1500 mins – good workload management.

Once again, another massive shift from Big Dev. What a workhorse he is.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Murphy had more minutes than Ruddock and SOB combined......gonna miss him this season.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

paddyor wrote:Murphy had more minutes than Ruddock and SOB combined......gonna miss him this season.
Both were long term injured last season, hopefully 1 if not both will get the benefit from long lay offs with no injuries this season
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

riocard911 wrote:
Lar wrote:
cormac wrote:He's better than Clancy or Fitzgibbon. I'll give him that.
Damning with faint praise is what I call that.

Fitzgibbon is so utterly inept that even with the benefit of TV (as he remains a regular TMO) he still gets most calls wrong. (imhomnsho)
Lol!! Could we maybe have a rerun of the famous monkey vs ape discussion? It's been so long I've forgotten the difference!
Tails or lack of are the difference I do recall from that somewhat protracted discussion about primates.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

hugonaut wrote:Only six players over 1500 mins – good workload management.

Once again, another massive shift from Big Dev. What a workhorse he is.

To be fair to them Ross Byrne (1561) and Scott Fardy (1504) also exceeded 1500 minutes but weren’t included as neither played an international match last season
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

riocard911 wrote:
Lar wrote:
cormac wrote:He's better than Clancy or Fitzgibbon. I'll give him that.
Damning with faint praise is what I call that.

Fitzgibbon is so utterly inept that even with the benefit of TV (as he remains a regular TMO) he still gets most calls wrong. (imhomnsho)
Lol!! Could we maybe have a rerun of the famous monkey vs ape discussion? It's been so long I've forgotten the difference!
in general, apes have large brains, do not have tails and swing through branches.
in general, monkeys have small brains, have tails and run along branches

gibbons are apes
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Gibbons are the only Lesser Apes. Humans, Gorillas, Chimps, Bonobos and Orang Utans are the Great Apes. There is also only one Great Grape Ape.

If you have ever spent any time in Dublin Zoo you will know that gibbons are complete dicks.
I have Bumbleflex
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Dave Cahill wrote:Gibbons are the only Lesser Apes. Humans, Gorillas, Chimps, Bonobos and Orang Utans are the Great Apes. There is also only one Great Grape Ape.

If you have ever spent any time in Dublin Zoo you will know that gibbons are complete dicks.
Obviously you have never been to Cork.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Dave Cahill wrote:Gibbons are the only Lesser Apes. Humans, Gorillas, Chimps, Bonobos and Orang Utans are the Great Apes. There is also only one Great Grape Ape.

:happy clapper: :) made my friday morning! .............. or they act like complete.... (not being a dick but acting like one is probably worse)
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

(15-9) Tiernan O’Halloran, Cian Kelleher, Tom Farrell, Bundee Aki, Matt Healy, Jack Carty, Kieran Marmion, (1-8)Denis Buckley, Dave Heffernan (C), Finlay Bealham, Ultan Dillane, Quinn Roux, Sean O’Brien, Colby Fainga’a, Robin Copeland.

Replacements (16-23): Tom McCartney, Peter McCabe, Dominic Robertson-McCoy, James Cannon, Paul Boyle, Caolin Blade, Craig Ronaldson, Niyi Adeolokun.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

15.Rob Kearney (198)
14. Jordan Larmour (25)
13. Garry Ringrose (52)
12. Joe Tomane (4)
11. James Lowe (15)
10. Johnny Sexton (150) CAPTAIN
9. Luke McGrath (98)
1. Cian Healy (193)
2. Seán Cronin (156)
3. Tadhg Furlong (87)
4. Devin Toner (220)
5. Scott Fardy (24)
6. Rhys Ruddock (144)
7. Josh van der Flier (62)
8. Jack Conan (77)

16. James Tracy (69)
17. Ed Byrne (25)
18. Andrew Porter (33)
19. Ross Molony (66)
20. Seán O’Brien (116)
21. Nick McCarthy (28)
22. Ross Byrne (52)
23. Rory O’Loughlin (44)
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Two fully loaded teams - thats a tasty prospect!
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I am officially giving up trying to pick teams! Mental strength in that!

This should be a cracking game.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

This could be a cracker. I have to say that I like the idea of resting some front liners next week instead of them starting the three games in a row. There's obviously a risk to it but it's not like we'd be guaranteed a home win anyway and we won't be sending out a weak team as such. I didn't expect to see the likes of Sexton be selected so much but as a fan I'm delighted. The only selections I'd quibble with would be Larmour and VDF. I would definitely have rested Larmour, although that back three has the look of one that could play in the first European game so might want time together. I'd have rested VDF but with Leavy out it's fair enough that we didn't. I would have liked ROL to start as well but hopefully he'll get some time tomorrow and then start next week.

Actually, apart from Tomane and James Ryan coming in, that could well be the team that starts in two weeks. They better go out and deliver now so! Maybe there is something in us being annoyed about the last game after all!

Great to see SOB back, kind of mad to see the likes of Molony and Ross Byrne not being a million miles off half his number of appearances. If he's sharp then there's god impact with himself and the front row.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Just noticed my typo but I'm leaving it there.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Molony is an interesting one. Would've thought MK would be benching after his cameo last week. Really hard to tell who Leocaster rates as our fourth second rower at the moment. Very interested to see how Tomane goes tomorrow. Big big test for him.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

If Aki is on last week's form that's some test for our midfield defence. Tomane has his work cut out there. I have a feeling this will be his first good game for us!

I like your Phattt typo, make it so!
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

fourthirtythree wrote:If Aki is on last week's form that's some test for our midfield defence. Tomane has his work cut out there. I have a feeling this will be his first good game for us!

I like your Phattt typo, make it so!
Thought Aki was lucky not to get cautioned at least last week, so if he brings that "form", I hope Lacey won't turn a blind eye.

It's great to see us going there all guns blazing. For years, this has been one of the biggest games of the year for Connacht (and sometimes the biggest), whereas as it has been like an irritating boil on our arse. Time to lance the boil.

Based on the last few weeks in the Pro14, it would seem we will be seeing less strong selections next weekend. Presumably neither Sexton nor Carbery will start.
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

That is some team alright. VDF had a stormer the last time he played in Galway. I can see us treating them like the Scarlets (strangle them up front, then go wide).

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.