Toulouse vs Leinster

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Toulouse vs Leinster

Post by Cianostays »

Very important to get the win here and take complete control of the group. My 1-23:

McGrath, Cronin, Furlong, Ryan, Toner, Ruddock, VDF, Conan, McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, Kearney

Healy, Tracey, Porter, SO'B, Leavy, ABC, Byrne, RO'L.

With everybody fit and firing we can put out any 2nd and Back Row combination we like atm and still expect to come out on top. What a time to be alive.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk
The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Toulouse vs Leinster

Post by wixfjord »

I think Fardy starts this one. Can't see us benching him one week and not starting him in the next.

Toulouse looked ok yesterday, as usual they rely on momentum of offloading and big ball carriers. Both them and Bath make lots of errors though and don't look the smartest of sides.

Kolbe versus Lowe could be fireworks.

This could be tight enough I'd say. Pitch will be sticky and we'll need a big pack performance. Hopefully Cronin can do a bit of work on his throwing this week too. Important that scrum and lineout is good.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

The only change I'd have in mind right now would be that I'd start Tracy. Thought he was excellent against Munster and think his work in the tight might suit the bulk of the Toulouse pack.

I'd like to rotate the second rows but it just feels right to start Toner and Ryan.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:I think Fardy starts this one. Can't see us benching him one week and not starting him in the next.

Toulouse looked ok yesterday, as usual they rely on momentum of offloading and big ball carriers. Both them and Bath make lots of errors though and don't look the smartest of sides.

Kolbe versus Lowe could be fireworks.

This could be tight enough I'd say. Pitch will be sticky and we'll need a big pack performance. Hopefully Cronin can do a bit of work on his throwing this week too. Important that scrum and lineout is good.
Agree re Fardy. Ryan is young and needs to be managed work load wise.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote:Pitch will be sticky and we'll need a big pack performance.
It's a way out yet, but the weather for the weekend looks decent: http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-m ... ouse/31000
Good for those who are travelling and for de-stickying the pitch.[/quote]

Toulouse right next to the department that got hit by flash floods yesterday...
Last edited by curates_egg on October 16th, 2018, 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

Healy didn't look to great coming back out after half time on Friday.Sure hope he is ok for this one.
CiaranIrl
Seán Cronin

Post by CiaranIrl »

For me... I'd go with:

McGrath, Tracey, Furlong, Ryan, Toner, Fardy, O'Brien, Conan, McGrath, Sexton, Lowe, Henshaw, Ringrose, Larmour, Kearney

Healy/Byrne, Cronin, Porter, Ruddock, VDF, McCarthy, Byrne, RO'L.
“As you all know first prize is a Cadillac El Dorado. Anyone wanna see second prize? Second prize is a set of steak knives. Third prize is you're fired.”
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

curates_egg wrote:
It's a way out yet, but the weather for the weekend looks decent: http://www.meteofrance.com/previsions-m ... ouse/31000
Good for those who are travelling and for de-stickying the pitch.
We'll still need a big pack performance. The Toulouse pack, playing at home, is a challenge. Toulouse also have a chip on their shoulders about us.
I think the Toulouse pitch at this time of year is poor no matter what the weather is, from what I've seen so far in Top 14 it's as bad as ever.
TrapperChamonix
Mullet

Post by TrapperChamonix »

I feel its high time we tried a 12 / 13 combination of Furlong & Cronin
Never argue with an idiot. Someone looking on may not be able tell the difference
Edna Kenny
Graduate

Post by Edna Kenny »

TrapperChamonix wrote:I feel its high time we tried a 12 / 13 combination of Furlong & Cronin
Harsh on Toner
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

Edna Kenny wrote:
TrapperChamonix wrote:I feel its high time we tried a 12 / 13 combination of Furlong & Cronin
Harsh on Toner
:lol:

TTT TO TEN!
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
rosscarrick
Knowledgeable

Post by rosscarrick »

Edna Kenny wrote:
Harsh on Toner
I think Toner fancies himself as a nine.
Seems to be there a lot.
The French are predictably unpredictable
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

wixfjord wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
Good for those who are travelling and for de-stickying the pitch.
We'll still need a big pack performance. The Toulouse pack, playing at home, is a challenge. Toulouse also have a chip on their shoulders about us.
I think the Toulouse pitch at this time of year is poor no matter what the weather is, from what I've seen so far in Top 14 it's as bad as ever.
It was in a bit of a state for the Castres game. It almost looked like it had been cut up when wet and then totally dried out, because there was dust coming up. Very strange they can't get it together. It's not like it's March after a long, wet winter.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Something to do with the water table and being close to the garonne I remember hearing once - its very low lying in sept derniers
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Oddly can't find this anywhere on Twitter but heard on the radio that Rob is a doubt with a thigh injury, and Healy is a doubt as well.

I'd be pretty happy to start Larmour at fullback and Ferg back on the wing anyway.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Oddly can't find this anywhere on Twitter but heard on the radio that Rob is a doubt with a thigh injury, and Healy is a doubt as well.

I'd be pretty happy to start Larmour at fullback and Ferg back on the wing anyway.
https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3664071
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Thanks! So Leavy a doubt too and JGP back in the mix.
bluemagic
Enlightened

Post by bluemagic »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Oddly can't find this anywhere on Twitter but heard on the radio that Rob is a doubt with a thigh injury, and Healy is a doubt as well.

I’d be concerned about starting Larmour at fullback in this kind of game away from home. This game is made for Rob K where avoiding soilly mistakes and giving up easy territory to a monsterous Tolouse pack could be the key to success
**** LEINSTER Champions Of Europe 2009/2011/2012/2018 ****
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Haven't seen it mentioned anywhere but it certainly looked like McFadden picked up a hamstring injury when warming down after the warm-up on Friday evening.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

bluemagic wrote:

I’d be concerned about starting Larmour at fullback in this kind of game away from home. This game is made for Rob K where avoiding soilly mistakes and giving up easy territory to a monsterous Tolouse pack could be the key to success
What have you seen from Larmour to suggest that he wouldn't also be a safe pair of hands? If Rob is fit then I'd play him but I'd certainly back Larmour to excel if he's there instead.

If Cormac is right about Ferg then suddenly our back three options don't look great compared to last season. No Rob, Ferg, or Daly to add to Isa and Joey leaving in the summer.