Leinster Squad 19-20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Re: Leinster Squad 19-20

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

FLIP wrote: August 25th, 2020, 9:12 am While the others are suspect I wouldn't agree that DKs hamstring is down to S&C issues. He was caught by a late tackle while in a vulnerable position and was lucky not to have ligament damage.

No he wasn’t, he was just running to catch up with Ringrose and it went.
fourthirtythree
Leo Cullen

Post by fourthirtythree »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 25th, 2020, 11:14 am
FLIP wrote: August 25th, 2020, 9:12 am While the others are suspect I wouldn't agree that DKs hamstring is down to S&C issues. He was caught by a late tackle while in a vulnerable position and was lucky not to have ligament damage.

Literally pulled up mid stride.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

fourthirtythree wrote: August 25th, 2020, 12:09 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 25th, 2020, 11:14 am

Literally pulled up mid stride.
I thought it was him who made the kick through. Hands up if I got it wrong.
Anyone But New Zealand
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

No it was Ringrose who kicked through and DK was in support.

Murray 100% took Lukey out at the same time though. Brace said it was “shoulder to shoulder” but Murray had blatantly cut Luke off. Don’t know how Brace missed it given that Murray clearly wasn’t heading in the direction of the ball.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

With the news about Snyman and Kleyn I could easily see Charlie Ryan or Jack Dunne heading south. The one thing in our favour is that they already have young second rows so really it’s someone with a bit of experience that they need.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 25th, 2020, 12:30 pm No it was Ringrose who kicked through and DK was in support.

Murray 100% took Lukey out at the same time though. Brace said it was “shoulder to shoulder” but Murray had blatantly cut Luke off. Don’t know how Brace missed it given that Murray clearly wasn’t heading in the direction of the ball.

Murray was 100% legal. He was onside, running a legitimate line that he doesn't alter. He is under no requirement whatsoever to get out of the way, no requirement to be running in the direction of the ball. Theres this idea that blocking is illegal in rugby. It isn't, you can block to your hearts content as blatantly as you like perfectly legally if you do it right.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

No, he runs across him. I had just watched it back several times so I’m 100% sure of this.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 25th, 2020, 12:44 pm No, he runs across him. I had just watched it back several times so I’m 100% sure of this.
There's no question that he runs across him. He absolutely does. Not in doubt. Not a penalty either though. You're allowed run across (or indeed into) a player as long as you are coming from an onside position (he is) and don't alter your line (he doesn't). Its actually great play from Murray, a brilliant read.
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: August 25th, 2020, 12:48 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 25th, 2020, 12:44 pm No, he runs across him. I had just watched it back several times so I’m 100% sure of this.
There's no question that he runs across him. He absolutely does. Not in doubt. Not a penalty either though. You're allowed run across (or indeed into) a player as long as you are coming from an onside position (he is) and don't alter your line (he doesn't). Its actually great play from Murray, a brilliant read.
I know the rules thanks Dave. But we’ll have to disagree on altering his line. He’s chasing back perfectly legally until just as the ball is kicked and then takes a step across to take Luke out when he knows Luke might get it.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Laws :P
I have Bumbleflex
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Law 9.1 When a player and an opponent are running for the ball, neither player may charge or push the other except shoulder-to-shoulder.

Murray has to be going for the ball.
Workhorse
Bookworm

Post by Workhorse »

Ruckedtobits wrote: August 25th, 2020, 7:19 am Maybe Guy Easterby should pull out his contact book and give Niki Adeolukin a call. With Adam Byrne & DK having exited stage left, we could do with some short-term cover for the wing. The applicants should be competent in the air and capable of taking sharp chances. NA has these abilities.

Hamstring injuries in Leinster? This should be the subject of a forensic examination. Our track record in recent years is really poor and by now, I hope we have some idea why.
1. Absolutely no need for us to bring anyone in. Larmour, Lowe, Kelleher, ROL, Keenan, Turner, Silvester all around. Would take too long to get anyone new up to speed.

2. Jesus how come every time Leinster have a couple of injuries people suddenly jump down the S&c teams throats? Leinster are (and this isn't an exaggeration) world leaders in injury prevention and our s&c coaches are headhunted from all over the world. To suggest their should be a forensic examination is mental because not only is a complete over reaction but Leinster and their partners examine these injuries and the cause of them constantly they're just not made public which it should be obvious as to why. Don't know what this obsession people have with having to know intricate details of every injury a sports person gets, how would you feel if your medical history was public knowledge? Probably wouldn't like it I'd guess.
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Dave Cahill wrote: August 25th, 2020, 12:37 pm
LeRouxIsPHat wrote: August 25th, 2020, 12:30 pm No it was Ringrose who kicked through and DK was in support.

Murray was 100% legal. He was onside, running a legitimate line that he doesn't alter. He is under no requirement whatsoever to get out of the way, no requirement to be running in the direction of the ball. Theres this idea that blocking is illegal in rugby. It isn't, you can block to your hearts content as blatantly as you like perfectly legally if you do it right.
Wait what???!!!
You cannot change the angle of your run back, or as the refs call “changing your lane”
Murray clearly changed his and takes out LMcG...it was cynical and penalty all day
Brace had incredible selective viewing all game for this...but he still managed to see Larmours one towards the end of the game
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

My view is that he didn't change his line, others differ. If he didn't, its not a penalty no matter if he completely wiped out McGrath - if he did change his line, it is. C'est la vie
I have Bumbleflex
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

Dave Cahill wrote: August 25th, 2020, 7:13 pm My view is that he didn't change his line, others differ. If he didn't, its not a penalty no matter if he completely wiped out McGrath - if he did change his line, it is. C'est la vie
True 😂😂😂
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Dave Cahill wrote: August 25th, 2020, 7:13 pm My view is that he didn't change his line, others differ. If he didn't, its not a penalty no matter if he completely wiped out McGrath - if he did change his line, it is. C'est la vie
I can recommend a good optician for both you and Mr Brace :D :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Ruckedtobits wrote: August 25th, 2020, 7:19 am Maybe Guy Easterby should pull out his contact book and give Niki Adeolukin a call. With Adam Byrne & DK having exited stage left, we could do with some short-term cover for the wing. The applicants should be competent in the air and capable of taking sharp chances. NA has these abilities.
Pat Lam obviously still rates NA and has signed him for Bristol on a short-term contract. Maybe an opportunity lost?
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

Ruckedtobits wrote: August 27th, 2020, 11:40 am
Pat Lam obviously still rates NA and has signed him for Bristol on a short-term contract. Maybe an opportunity lost?
My thinking would be if you had Adeolokon would you risk him in one of our big games ie the knock out games. Personally I would prefer Keenan, Kelleher or ROL on a wing if Larmour was fullback. My personal preference would be RK at fullback and Larmour on the wing for the biggest match at this point with the injuries we have. So why would we need Adeolokun for any games? We have the same lads named above who will need minutes, we also have TOB who I think will get some minutes on the wing over the next few months like Ringrose did when he came through. We have O'Sullivan and Silvester who will be looking to make the step up to the seniors in the next year needing some games and you will have Liam Turner looking for some time on the wing possibly also.

So yeah in an ideal world we could do with a an international class player who could slot in against Saracens but Adeolukun is not at that standard currently imo and I am not sure he ever really was as well as he did for Connacht on his day.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
leinsterforever
Mullet

Post by leinsterforever »

Hamstring injuries in Leinster? This should be the subject of a forensic examination. Our track record in recent years is really poor and by now, I hope we have some idea why.
I'd prefer Barry Daly - if he's fit.

I'm interested to see how Keenan goes at 14 if the rumoured selection is accurate. If he shows good instincts defensively and is solid in the air he could become a real option.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

leinsterforever wrote: August 27th, 2020, 6:57 pm

I'd prefer Barry Daly - if he's fit.

I'm interested to see how Keenan goes at 14 if the rumoured selection is accurate. If he shows good instincts defensively and is solid in the air he could become a real option.
it's where he played for the 20's.