Leinster Squad 19-20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

riocard911
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster Squad 19-20

Post by riocard911 »

OTT wrote: September 4th, 2020, 2:48 pm
mildlyinterested wrote: September 4th, 2020, 2:47 pm tbf Aungier looks like he might be backup TH for Connacht.
Absolutely. Friend seems open to playing with his new toys. He is not really a collector.

Aungier scored his first Pro14 try - thereby earning Connacht a TBP - off the bench vs Ulster the weekend before last, fair play to him. He looked extremely happy doing it too.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

I find it amusing when people consider EOS a munster fan. During his tenure with the IRFU he was less popular in Munster than a sci-fi experiment gone wrong amalgam of Declan Kidney and MOC was in Leinster, a feeling that was mutual.
I have Bumbleflex
nc6000
Mullet

Post by nc6000 »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 4th, 2020, 3:44 pm I find it amusing when people consider EOS a munster fan. During his tenure with the IRFU he was less popular in Munster than a sci-fi experiment gone wrong amalgam of Declan Kidney and MOC was in Leinster, a feeling that was mutual.
You mean back when Munster fans thought David Wallace should have been starting for Ireland when he wasn't starting for Munster? :wink:
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 4th, 2020, 3:44 pm I find it amusing when people consider EOS a munster fan. During his tenure with the IRFU he was less popular in Munster than a sci-fi experiment gone wrong amalgam of Declan Kidney and MOC was in Leinster, a feeling that was mutual.
So you’re skeptical that the people who plucked a guy from Hawaii and got him a trial with Leinster had a grand plan to actually send him to a different province after a few years?

Sure mate, bet you’re one of those idiots wearing a mask in shops and aren’t worried about 5G masts either.
Lithiumtherapy
Beginner

Post by Lithiumtherapy »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 4th, 2020, 10:34 am
wixfjord wrote: September 4th, 2020, 10:30 am
Up Wexford wrote: September 4th, 2020, 10:27 am Nucifora is a lot of things but a benign influence on Leinster he most certainly is not.

But he shouldn't be. That's the point that's central to all of this that people miss.

The IRFU are our paymasters, like it or not.

Nucifora is paid to be the puppeteer and that's the way our system is set up, for good or bad.
He's no Eugene Lambert
He'd probably see himself more as a Judge (jury and executioner)
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote: September 4th, 2020, 4:22 pm
So you’re skeptical that the people who plucked a guy from Hawaii and got him a trial with Leinster had a grand plan to actually send him to a different province after a few years?

Sure mate, bet you’re one of those idiots wearing a mask in shops and aren’t worried about 5G masts either.
You’re not allowed in shops without masks so therefore you’re calling everyone in Ireland an idiot..
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Just you...
Pilotman123
Graduate

Post by Pilotman123 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: September 5th, 2020, 12:17 am Just you...
Do you feel better now? Putting me down, does that make you feel better?
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

Oh did I say that out loud?

Ooooops, sorry
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Cummiskey in the IT uses Leo's annoyance over l'affaire Salanoa to again promote the idea of a draft:

"Karma chameleon: Owen Farrell and the Zen of being Number 10

The Offload: Fans miss out on semi-finals on the telly; Leo Cullen cries foul over poaching"

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4348046
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

riocard911 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:36 pm Cummiskey in the IT uses Leo's annoyance over l'affaire Salanoa to again promote the idea of a draft:

The Offload: Fans miss out on semi-finals on the telly; Leo Cullen cries foul over poaching"

A draft just for Leinster players, if I'm reading that correctly. Though it's always hard to tell with Cummiskey, who may actually be talking about a bank payment or a game played on a chess board.

"L'affaire Salanoa" is wonderful, though ( :clap: ). Thornleying of the highest order, Riocard!
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

joooooe wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:55 pm
riocard911 wrote: September 7th, 2020, 1:36 pm Cummiskey in the IT uses Leo's annoyance over l'affaire Salanoa to again promote the idea of a draft:

A draft just for Leinster players, if I'm reading that correctly. Though it's always hard to tell with Cummiskey, who may actually be talking about a bank payment or a game played on a chess board.

"L'affaire Salanoa" is wonderful, though ( :clap: ). Thornleying of the highest order, Riocard!
I think he might be joking about the draft altough you would never know with that lolly.
Last week he wanted rugby to call off their seasons to support BLM, to actually cease playng games. Now he's bemoaning the fact that he can't see it on the telly.
On saturday he thought Farrell should get a litetime ban, I mean FFS.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

Poor auld Deegan
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Peg Leg wrote: September 14th, 2020, 6:31 pm Poor auld Deegan
?
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

mildlyinterested wrote:
?
Not getting much of a look in
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Peg Leg wrote: September 14th, 2020, 7:12 pm
mildlyinterested wrote:
?
He isn't the only one
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

mildlyinterested wrote:
?
Very tough. He was involved in 16 of our 19 pre lockdown games including all 6 in the Heineken Cup, his form was good enough to get him an Irish cap in the 6 nations and now he looks like he will miss out on the quarterfinal to go with the Pro 14 semi and final. I don't know how you could keep positive in that scenario.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

OTT wrote: September 15th, 2020, 11:30 am
mildlyinterested wrote:
?
Very tough. He was involved in 16 of our 19 pre lockdown games including all 6 in the Heineken Cup, his form was good enough to get him an Irish cap in the 6 nations and now he looks like he will miss out on the quarterfinal to go with the Pro 14 semi and final. I don't know how you could keep positive in that scenario.
Doris has pushed well past him this season and Conan just adds a little more power and workrate imo, particularly against a side like Sarries.

Tough on him but I think they're the right calls.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

I agree but for the mindset of a guy who has put in so much and been such an important player this season it would be gutting to now be deemed surplus to immediate requirements. It is the impossible task of keeping everyone happy.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

The same could be said of Ruddock. You'd have to think both are prime candidates to leave in 2021.