Leinster Squad 19-20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Re: Leinster Squad 19-20

Post by Dave Cahill »

The third best rory in journalism on twitter wrote: Leo Cullen reveals that Roman Salanoa had verbally committed to Leinster before leaving for Munster

"He told me he was staying, I took him for his word but the contract wasn't signed. I'm not sure what pressure he was under in the background... but it left us compromised"
I have Bumbleflex
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Well, Parker is in with the best provincial coaching setup in the country now. Be great, if they could help him reach a higher standing than Salanoa in the national pecking order for tight-heads.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

riocard911 wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 1:42 pm Well, Parker is in with the best provincial coaching setup in the country now. Be great, if they could help him reach a higher standing than Salanoa in the national pecking order for tight-heads.
he is squad cover for 3 months.. dont get your hopes up
Up Wexford
Bookworm

Post by Up Wexford »

Who were Salanoas agents? Frankie Sheehan's company? - I seem to vaguely remember he was an agent, but a glance at his wikipedia is a whole different ball game. Frankies been busy
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Sounds like Jacky Anguer got shafted due to this possibly?
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Theleinsterlad wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:30 pm Sounds like Jacky Anguer got shafted due to this possibly?
They really messed him up, he lost an i
I have Bumbleflex
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

Dave Cahill wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm
Theleinsterlad wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:30 pm Sounds like Jacky Anguer got shafted due to this possibly?
But gained a y...

Sometimes you eat the bear...
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Yep Salanoa said he would stay, so Aungier was released.. Then Salanoa changed his mind.. for whatever reason.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Up Wexford wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 2:45 pm Who were Salanoas agents? Frankie Sheehan's company? - I seem to vaguely remember he was an agent, but a glance at his wikipedia is a whole different ball game. Frankies been busy

EOS & Wes Liddy were involved I think. Not sure if they were 'agents', but certainly 'advisors'.
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

wixfjord wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:43 pm EOS & Wes Liddy were involved I think. Not sure if they were 'agents', but certainly 'advisors'.
It's funny how the same names appear behind so many shitshows in Irish rugby
I like your right leg. A lovely leg for the role.
I've got nothing against your right leg.
The trouble is ... neither have you
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

On an unrelated point - I've found a loophole in the language censorship on this site :-)
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

curates_egg wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:32 pm
Dave Cahill wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:31 pm
But gained a y...

Sometimes you eat the bear...
Serves me right for replying on my mobile
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

The Doc wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:58 pm On an unrelated point - I've found a loophole in the language censorship on this site :-)
How the fuckingshitfacedbollox did you that?
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
The Doc
Rhys Ruddock

Post by The Doc »

Peg Leg wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 4:26 pm
The Doc wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:58 pm On an unrelated point - I've found a loophole in the language censorship on this site :-)
How the fuckingshitfacedbollox did you that?
FuckedifIknow
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

Can I say wankstain now? Yaaay :D
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Very poor from Salanoa to back out of a deal, even if it was only a verbal agreement.
I hope this isn’t the true mark of his nature.
As said already, the impact this has had could potentially have serious repercussions on not only Leinster, but also Aungier’s career and life.

I am delighted for Parker, would be great if this turned out to be another story ala Cronin, Beirne, Copeland etc. where he gets the opportunity to show everyone what they missed out on.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

The sooner Nucifora goes the better.......this is a substantial statement from Leo, in short he is pi**ed and before anyone says we have no idea was Nucifora involved, if he wasn't he should have been and if he was he was meddling again.

The IRFU despite their shiny exterior are a mess.......they have the best rugby production line in Europe in Leinster and the Leinster schools and academy and they should be protecting this at all costs. Instead all they can do is manipulate players moving to prop up Munster and their bitterness and can't even give us a neutral ref......

Muppets.
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

wixfjord wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 3:43 pm
Up Wexford wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 2:45 pm Who were Salanoas agents? Frankie Sheehan's company? - I seem to vaguely remember he was an agent, but a glance at his wikipedia is a whole different ball game. Frankies been busy

EOS & Wes Liddy were involved I think. Not sure if they were 'agents', but certainly 'advisors'.
Wow- Brains trust there !!! - welll , good luck to the three of them now
munster#1
Shane Jennings

Post by munster#1 »

Blueberry wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 5:48 pm The sooner Nucifora goes the better.......this is a substantial statement from Leo, in short he is pi**ed and before anyone says we have no idea was Nucifora involved, if he wasn't he should have been and if he was he was meddling again.

The IRFU despite their shiny exterior are a mess.......they have the best rugby production line in Europe in Leinster and the Leinster schools and academy and they should be protecting this at all costs. Instead all they can do is manipulate players moving to prop up Munster and their bitterness and can't even give us a neutral ref......

Muppets.
But of an ironic post referring to Munster bitterness while posting a bitter post.

I think the anger should be directed towards the player in this instance, as he should have been man enough to stick to his word.

With regards to the Salanoa being manipulated situation, he was an irfu project, funded by the irfu, so they were fairly entitled to advise him to seek a move.
Just because a post upsets you, that doesn’t mean that it is wrong. People have different views in all aspects of life, this is a key ingredient to an interesting conversation.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Nothing ironic about it......Munster's behaviour in recent years has been reprehensible and it's been driven by a bitterness towards our success.....rebuild, bring young players through and accept you may have to slip off your top table entitlement for a while. Then you can build something we can all respect. Bringing in Snyman and DDA this year shows exactly the problem you have.

Clearly Leo is pointing the finger at outside influences or a player being manipulated.......there is no way he is gonna say what he said lightly. They were pi**ed about Carbery and they were right to be, this is just more of the same. If the IRFU had any cop on at all they would be working with and not against Leinster. I think our track record in recent years and the outstanding performance should mean the powers that be in the IRFU should be working with Leinster....help not hinder.