Leinster Squad 19-20

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

paddyor
Shane Jennings

Re: Leinster Squad 19-20

Post by paddyor »

ronk wrote: If Ulster have Carter and Munster get Snyman then we’re not getting a lock or being allowed resign Fardy. I don’t think we should either. I don’t think Molony or Murphy are at his level but need to put our faith there.
Munster have Kleyn and Beirne who both went to the RWC. Holland is capped too. They were allowed sign Holloway.

There’s enough depth for Ireland, no one cares about that old rule.[/quote]
Both Kleyn and Beirne are IQ. What I mean is I don't think the IRFU will allow another NIQ lock when there's already 2 in other provinces.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote:
hugonaut wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote: Tom Clarkson is coming up the ranks and could move sides also. Then of course theirs Healys natural heir who is still playing schools rugby.
Who is this?
Jack Boyle
I don’t agree. Boyle has not continued to grow like another “elite” teammate of his and I don’t see either of them getting senior contracts in the years to come.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

ronk wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:I'm not sure why moving Porter is seen as a good idea - Dooley was a better loosehead than him before he switched across so I don't see how a couple of years playing on the other side will have changed that. Its attempting to fix a problem that doesn't actually exist. We are well stocked with quality, experienced looseheads with Healy, Dooley and Byrne.
Dooley and Byrne are not international quality props, the last time both Dooley and Porter were both looseheads Porter was very young so hardly a fair comparison. If something happens to Healy and the other two are playing in a Heino cup final you’d be worried.
If we reach a HCF then one of them minimum makes the match day squad. Byrne played the semi against Toulouse with no issues. I wasn’t worried, I doubt you were. He was harshly dropped for the final based on reputation over form for McGrath.

Porter should be targeting the next Lions tour. Abdeladze, Bent and Aungier are further away from international action than Dooley and Byrne. One of the reasons that Porter switched was the expectations around Dooley and Byrne, and they are still improving.
The game was won before he was brought on and I suspect if it wasn’t we wouldn’t of seen him until later. If Cian had gone down injured early I’d of been worried. Porter may as well be a bouncer in super macs for all the good he is to us if the IRFU ship him down south as they have done each of the last two years with internationals second choice in their poisition. At least if he’s back up to Healy we can point to Healys age and say he will be first choice in a few years.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

Or, we move him to loosehead and the IRFU move him down south/west/north to play tighthead. Not saying that could ever happen, the IRFU moving a player because he's not being played in the position they want him in is totes unheard of dot com. Fact.

The last reason I'd consider moving a players position for is because we might lose him to another team. Actually, no, thats the second last reason, the last reason is because a witch threatens to put a curse on us if we don't - but its a close run thing.

We have three better looseheads than Andrew - we only have one (barely) better tighthead
I have Bumbleflex
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

backrower8 wrote:
I don’t agree. Boyle has not continued to grow like another “elite” teammate of his and I don’t see either of them getting senior contracts in the years to come.
Well you'll be wrong about that but that's okay.
blockhead
Rob Kearney

Post by blockhead »

paddyor wrote:
ronk wrote: If Ulster have Carter and Munster get Snyman then we’re not getting a lock or being allowed resign Fardy. I don’t think we should either. I don’t think Molony or Murphy are at his level but need to put our faith there.
Munster have Kleyn and Beirne who both went to the RWC. Holland is capped too. They were allowed sign Holloway.

There’s enough depth for Ireland, no one cares about that old rule.
Both Kleyn and Beirne are IQ. What I mean is I don't think the IRFU will allow another NIQ lock when there's already 2 in other provinces.[/quote]

Imagine if we signed Leone Nakarawa for next season as a replacement for Fardy? How fukcing cool would that be? Holy sh!t! We could send a bunch of lads down to Fiji to build any bleedin type of house he wanted for him and his dad.
You know I'm going to lose,
And gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby, I don't want to live FOREVER!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

'Sexton might well be in a position to prove his wellbeing in Leinster’s final two Champions Cup games at home to Lyon and away to Benetton over the next two weeks.'

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.4129071

Can't see him playing against Lyon but could see him coming on against Treviso by the sounds of this.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
Wrong school obviously.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Logorrhea wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Jesus Logo.....................................

Yeah...what nonsense :roll:
This is like arguing over fantasy football picks. Its not going to happen. Its a sh!t idea.
So you can't answer any of the questions I asked and just resort to a pathetic childlike answer? Cool, I'm pretty happy that my reasoning is solid and that your lack of any substantive reply renders your opinion invalid.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

the spoofer wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
Wrong school obviously.
Yawn! “Right” school silly boy. I just don’t agree with Mildly abut this guy’s prospects of becoming a senior pro, let alone inherit Cian Healy’s mantel as he Boldly predicts.

Thanks for your stinging magnanimity Mildly. Stay classy. Message me when Boyle gets a senior contract. Send me your address when he is hailed in the media as Healy’s successor so i can send you €50.

I hope I will be wrong but think that’s unlikely on this occasion. We will know within 5 years as he is very young for a 6th year.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:So you can't answer any of the questions I asked and just resort to a pathetic childlike answer? Cool, I'm pretty happy that my reasoning is solid and that your lack of any substantive reply renders your opinion invalid.
I would have, but the eye rolls don't really encourage debate and discussion. So I didn't bother.
As I said, its not going to happen. We are just arguing over your proposed fantasy rugby selection. Whats the point.

edit: of course your point has merit, on paper. But you well know the other side of the arguement as well.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Logorrhea wrote:
LeRouxIsPHat wrote:So you can't answer any of the questions I asked and just resort to a pathetic childlike answer? Cool, I'm pretty happy that my reasoning is solid and that your lack of any substantive reply renders your opinion invalid.
I would have, but the eye rolls don't really encourage debate and discussion. So I didn't bother.
As I said, its not going to happen. We are just arguing over your proposed fantasy rugby selection. Whats the point.

edit: of course your point has merit, on paper. But you well know the other side of the arguement as well.
Why are there only two looseheads in the Irish squad then? That's why there's substance to it, it's not hard to understand.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Surprised they don't have A games scheduled for the next two weeks.. Boost for the AIL hopefully
Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Morf »

mildlyinterested wrote:Surprised they don't have A games scheduled for the next two weeks.. Boost for the AIL hopefully
Isn't the general trend to get A matches/competitions done with early in the season to free them up after Christmas for 20s/clubs/university commitments?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Morf wrote:
mildlyinterested wrote:Surprised they don't have A games scheduled for the next two weeks.. Boost for the AIL hopefully
Isn't the general trend to get A matches/competitions done with early in the season to free them up after Christmas for 20s/clubs/university commitments?
Last year they had an A friendly against Munster around this time.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Kelleher to return next week according to Des Berry. Good news!
https://www.independent.ie/sport/rugby/ ... 44859.html

Not sure I can see him debuting against Scotland though, as Berry seems to think.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Which two hookers would you have ahead of him? I think Scannell will start because it's a position where you don't want to throw someone in at the deep end, but he's the form hooker (hasn't been out that long really) in the country by quite a distance IMO and I'd expect him to be involved throughout the tournament and to get at least one start.

Great news anyway, I was a bit worried when there was no update yesterday.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

If Kelleher played these two rounds of EPCR really well, he might have a chance of making the bench for 6N. Otherwise, its an illogical experiment which doesn't have to be made yet.

Herring to start with Scannell on bench.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Which two hookers would you have ahead of him? I think Scannell will start because it's a position where you don't want to throw someone in at the deep end, but he's the form hooker (hasn't been out that long really) in the country by quite a distance IMO and I'd expect him to be involved throughout the tournament and to get at least one start.

Great news anyway, I was a bit worried when there was no update yesterday.
Herring and Scannell.

Don't think Kelleher is there just yet.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Possible Leinster senior squad next season?

LH Prop(3)
Cian Healy(32)
Ed Byrne(27)
Peter Dooley(26)

TH Prop(4)
Tadhg Furlong(27)
Andrew Porter(24)
Vakh Abdaladze(24)
Jack Aungier(21)

Hooker(4)
Sean Cronin(34)
James Tracy(29)