As it stands - Heineken cup 2019

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Re: As it stands - Heineken cup 2019

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

bails wrote:Believe it or not that game in Wembley was October 2010

There was a good crowd, but sadly quite a number were only there to see Tinnie Tempah at half time, and they left on commencement o& the second half.

My abiding memory of that game, was the idiot on the MC, and his playing of that awful Chas and Dave inspired come on Saracens song. He kept intervening during live play even played the song louder near the end in an attempt to drown out th3 Leinster fans noise.

Ps there were more hog roasts than Saracens fans in the Green Man afterwards !
TINNIE TEMPAH!! haha yeah, I remember that. I think they have dropped that american football style thing, with the blaring music, incessant MC and half-time show, since then, thank fock. did you stay around the green man for the singing later on?

We have a quarter final (and possible semi final opponents) preview tomorrow...racing v toulouse in the top14. not sure if both are full strength.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

I was just delighted to tell my kids that 8 ha€ seen Tinnie Tempah at Wembley !

You might also remember they had gymnasts vaulting over 4x4 cars on the sidelines, before th3 game and at half time.
I was up the hill in the Green Man before the game. It was mobbed ..... by Leinster fans and security staff. Football fans had done damag3cat an England international during the week before !
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Comrades, you are right, it was Right said Fred

I had tried so hard to remove it from my brain that I couldn’t remember
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

I was there too. We ended up tackling our hearts out and keeping them outside our 10m line. Sexto scored 25 points and they were on 23 I think.

Was one of the last in the green Man. A few fairly elderly Leinster fans broke a window in the door of the pub

Sarries have never beaten us. Played 3 lost 3. Toulon have never lost to us played 4 won 4.

Iirc Dr Phil was playing for some French team v Munster. (Toulon?) The bar was split between people who were supporting Dr Phil and those who were supporting"the Irish team"

There was even some bloke calling the Dr Phil supporters "a disgrace" for not supporting the "Irish team"
Serb
Mullet

As it stands - Heineken cup 2019

Post by Serb »

Toulouse beating Racing well in Paris at the moment. 15 points down with 15 to play. Been a decent game so far, good performance from Toulouse considering they’re significantly weaker than Racing at the moment due to 6 Nations squads.

Toulouse’s inability to win their own line out giving Racing a lifeline however. Failed to win two line outs 5 meters from Racing’s line, lost one on their own 5 meter line.
Serb
Mullet

Post by Serb »

Well they did their very best to throw it away, but Toulouse managed to secure a bonus point win in Paris. Wouldn’t fancy them repeating the feat in the quarter final to be honest.
joooooe
Enlightened

Post by joooooe »

bails wrote:I was just delighted to tell my kids that 8 ha€ seen Tinnie Tempah at Wembley !

You might also remember they had gymnasts vaulting over 4x4 cars on the sidelines, before th3 game and at half time.
I was up the hill in the Green Man before the game. It was mobbed ..... by Leinster fans and security staff. Football fans had done damag3cat an England international during the week before !
Saracens also ran a competition before the match offering a fan a chance to win £100k if he could hit the crossbar from the 22. He missed. But when the actual match started Sexton kicked a monster penalty that bounced off the bar on its way over. He then turned to the sideline making that "gimme the money" gesture with his thumb and first two fingers!

Brian O'Driscoll, in a tweet after the match, tried to impersonate Paul Gascoigne's interview after the 1991 FA Cup semi final by saying somehing like "ach, well it wasnt bad, was it? EEEH!"

My abiding memory of that day is that the Tube was being upgraded ahead of the Olympics and it took us hours to get to Wembley. Similar was to happen the next day when, in a wonderful twist of irony, we were on a train that broke down...on our way to the London Transport Museum in Covent Garden!
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

excellent game earlier in the top14....Racing 29 Toulouse 34

here is hoping the same result will happen in the quarters...means a home semi for us if it does!
Avenger
Seán Cronin

Post by Avenger »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:excellent game earlier in the top14....Racing 29 Toulouse 34

here is hoping the same result will happen in the quarters...means a home semi for us if it does!
Excellent match from an entertainment POV.
Toulouse well on top in scrums but their lineout was poor.
“The only yardstick for success our society has is being a champion. No one remembers anything else.” - JOHN MADDEN
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:excellent game earlier in the top14....Racing 29 Toulouse 34

Super game dominated by Toulouse’s running game
Colby and Guitone were superb

On the other hand the calls for the recalling of a certain number 15 to Ireland will recede somewhat
Mr Z was ordinary to awful
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

Dundalk 1 wrote:

On the other hand the calls for the recalling of a certain number 15 to Ireland will recede somewhat
That is being over-complimentary. He was SH@%E. Two tries conceded plus one blockdown to give a third. Fat and sloppy and only interested in the ball going forward.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Ruckedtobits wrote:
Dundalk 1 wrote:

That is being over-complimentary. He was SH@%E. Two tries conceded plus one blockdown to give a third. Fat and sloppy and only interested in the ball going forward.

yeah..It looks like he has bulked up a bit....well, a lot. Highlights are here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYg6zL9YVCk
Sad to see. In fairness to zebo, the pass to him that led to the blockdown and try was shoite....almost as bad as our own SOBs pass to Carbery last week in Edinburgh.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Toulouse were good. Has to be a good psychological boost ahead of the QF. They were missing, DuPont, Huget, Medard, Ramos, Ntamack among others. Racing missing a few of the French contingent also; but I'd be bullish if I were Toulouse.
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

It should also be borne in mind that for all the glitz and hype around R92, they're currently 7th in the Top14, 17 points behind Toulouse in 1st.
I have Bumbleflex
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I'd absolutely love to see how we'd go on that Racing pitch. I'd say guys like Conan, Larmour and Ringrose would relish it!

Mental place to play rugby too. Yesterday they had a ski lodge chalet thing behind the goal with a band playing!

Must be a benefit to Racing's conditioning to be playing in that heat every other week too.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

desperado wrote:

Toulouse were good. Has to be a good psychological boost ahead of the QF. They were missing, DuPont, Huget, Medard, Ramos, Ntamack among others. Racing missing a few of the French contingent also; but I'd be bullish if I were Toulouse.
Agreed. Toulouse look like favourites for the quarters...especially with their international players back in. Don't think Racing were missing many yesterday.
If they do...it is an home draw for us if we get passed Ulster.

in the other half of the draw...hard to judge saracens win over leicester at the weekend. cr@p game...but both were missing a lot of key players to international duty. No offence to munster or the scottish teams but it is hard not to see saracens coming out on the right side of their quarters/semi. Regardless if they choose wembley or twickenham for their home semi final (Allianz park is too small).

a lot of rugby between now and then...but..no harm in speculating.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

Dan Carter re-signing for the rest of the season may also help Racing.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47274263

I love the irony in the photo attached to the article.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

D4surfer wrote:Dan Carter re-signing for the rest of the season may also help Racing.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/47274263

I love the irony in the photo attached to the article.
He'll be 37 in early March.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

wixfjord wrote:I'd absolutely love to see how we'd go on that Racing pitch. I'd say guys like Conan, Larmour and Ringrose would relish it!

Mental place to play rugby too. Yesterday they had a ski lodge chalet thing behind the goal with a band playing!

Must be a benefit to Racing's conditioning to be playing in that heat every other week too.
Not doing much for Zeebs conditioning; he could do with a few sessions in a sauna.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

desperado wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I'd absolutely love to see how we'd go on that Racing pitch. I'd say guys like Conan, Larmour and Ringrose would relish it!

Not doing much for Zeebs conditioning; he could do with a few sessions in a sauna.
Look at it this way - how rotund would he be without the sauna?
Anyone But New Zealand