Leinster v Connacht Sat 19.45

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Re: Leinster v Connacht Sat 19.45

Post by the spoofer »

LeinsterLeader wrote:Players are in a two day training camp with Ireland. Possible that that will effect selection for Saturday.
So that means Monday and Tuesday with Ireland, Wednesday off, Thursday filter back in, Friday captains run. Not much time to get a settled team.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

apparently anyone in camp won't be playing this weekend. not sure I believe that.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

mildlyinterested wrote:apparently anyone in camp won't be playing this weekend. not sure I believe that.
Where did you hear that?
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

David Kelly said it on twitter about Munster players. assume it applies to anyone in camp.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

mildlyinterested wrote:David Kelly said it on twitter about Munster players. assume it applies to anyone in camp.
You could be right that it extends to all the teams but a couple of ways in which it might not.

1) Munster play Friday evening so have less time to prepare

2) Munster played most of their internationals the week before the European games whereas we didn't
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

Porter has been involved in a lot of matchday squads this season but has only started in two of his fourteen appearances this season (1+10 for Leinster, 1+2 for Ireland). He's averaging roughly 30 mins per appearance. He could do with a couple of starts of the Xmas period IMO. Furlong could start the other match with Bent on the bench for all three matches.
Ruckedtobits
Rob Kearney

Post by Ruckedtobits »

mildlyinterested wrote:apparently anyone in camp won't be playing this weekend. not sure I believe that.
Except for Connacht, that wouldn't surprise me. Everything will continue to be done with an Ireland focus untill next November.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

betty swallocks wrote:I would expect Connacht to line out something like this for Saturday night's clash.
15 O'Halloran. 14 Leader. 13 Farrell. 12 Aki. 11 Healy. 10 Carty. 9 Blade.
1 Buckley. 2 Delahunt. 3 Bealham. 4 Roux. 5 Thornbury. 6 SOB2. 7 Butler. 8 Boyle.
16 Heffernan. 17 O'Donnell. 18 Carey. 19 Dillane. 20 Copeland. 21 Mitchell. 22 Horwitz. 23 Godwin.
Decent team.
Friend has done a lot of rotation and squad development, even in the Challenge Cup, so I'd be surprised if he picks his strongest 23 against us.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Jonny tight lips
Graduate

Post by Jonny tight lips »

But it’s cup final day for them, expect their strongest 23 available
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Jonny tight lips wrote:But it’s cup final day for them, expect their strongest 23 available
Anyone else remember the TV interview after the pre-Xmas Connacht game in the RDS we barely won in MO'C's first season and he started moaning about how Pat Lam's lads had come to prevent us playing? That was the moment I started to go off him.
D4surfer
Mullet

Post by D4surfer »

riocard911 wrote:
Jonny tight lips wrote:But it’s cup final day for them, expect their strongest 23 available
Anyone else remember the TV interview after the pre-Xmas Connacht game in the RDS we barely won in MO'C's first season and he started moaning about how Pat Lam's lads had come to prevent us playing? That was the moment I started to go off him.
He should have looked in the mirror. It was him who prevented us playing. To misquote a Corrs song, Forgotten, not Forgiven.
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:
It was the home defeat to Dragons that did it for me.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

the spoofer wrote:
LeinsterLeader wrote:Players are in a two day training camp with Ireland. Possible that that will effect selection for Saturday.
So that means Monday and Tuesday with Ireland, Wednesday off, Thursday filter back in, Friday captains run. Not much time to get a settled team.
It was actually Sunday and Monday with Ireland, but yeah not much time. The internationals are busy lads!!
Dont Panic!
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

why did tom Daly join Connacht this week?

surely the week he faces his old team isn't the week he should be made available to their next opponents.
outcast eddie
Mullet

Post by outcast eddie »

Off the top of my head I can only think of James Ryan as the only loaned player to return. There must be more but I can’t think of any.
The odds are good but the goods are odd.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

outcast eddie wrote:Off the top of my head I can only think of James Ryan as the only loaned player to return. There must be more but I can’t think of any.
James Ryan was never on loan.
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

George Clancy on Saturday.
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

the spoofer wrote:George Clancy on Saturday.
oh dear
Degz
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Degz »

cormac wrote:
the spoofer wrote:George Clancy on Saturday.
oh dear
f%~k sake. There's my little Christmas present trip ruined.
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

outcast eddie wrote:Off the top of my head I can only think of James Ryan as the only loaned player to return. There must be more but I can’t think of any.

Think Cooney returned for a few minutes in a home loss to the Dragons in one of the craziest bits of player management of the MOC era.
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English