Scarlets at home, 25/01 7.35pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

elephantman
Knowledgeable

Re: Scarlets at home, 25/01 7.35pm

Post by elephantman »

carlow man wrote:Good god Rob Kearney is shocking as last man tackler. Twice he has tackled fresh air. If he does that next week then it's a 7 pointer at least.
Rob Kearney has never been a very good defender. It's always been the weakest part of his game but he has been utterly shocking tonight.

I've counted three missed tackles, two of which an average defender would be expected to make. Really poor.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

I know. I've said it numerous times but always been shot down on here. Like a turnstile in defence. Should have started Dave k at full back instead as at least he can put a tackle in.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

BEAUT of a try.

Noel Reid's skillset is feckin incredible.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Jesus Vakh in full flow is some sight....nice touch from Reider.....Daly has played well tonight.
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

VAK!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Daly, Doris and Molony have been really good.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Johnny mcNic is wrecking havoc....
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Some of the missed tackles tonight have been completely unacceptable. Lancaster should have a field day on Monday reviewing this performance. Terrible stuff. Scarlets haven't had to work for any of their tries plus the one the number 11 made a complete balls of at start of second half.
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

ronk wrote:VAK!
He's packed on some serious beef too this season. Must be close to 127kg
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Mighty impressive shift from Vakh. Besides his run, he hit like a train. Caused that last turnover with a big one.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

We got out of jail there - big time.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Daly was mighty, mighty impressive I must say. We've some good competition at wing at the moment.

Foolish stuff all round from us tonight though. What was Lowe at trying to pick and go at the end? You've 50 seconds left James, you don't need to do anything except hold the ball.

Really poor performance overall, peppered with some great run outs from a few guys.

Molony really looking like a leader in that pack now, an Doris looks to my untrained eye a better bet as an 8 than Deegan, who was quiet.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Also gave away a pen for off side about 30 secs afyer coming on but he did very well after that. Barely deserved that win. Scarlets left that behind them to be fair. Butchered a few scores.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

carlow man wrote:Also gave away a pen for off side about 30 secs afyer coming on but he did very well after that. Barely deserved that win. Scarlets left that behind them to be fair. Butchered a few scores.
In fairness I think the whole defensive line was offside on that one, just Vakh got singled out.

I would echo the compliments paid to Barry Daly. Tackled extremely well (the only one in the back three to do so) and great at chasing box kicks too.

I thought Deegan was quiet enough, but mainly because he's not suited to 6. It would be interesting to see him at 8 with Doris at 6.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Yeh agree with you there. Although I have to mention the performance of Kearney tonight as it was a shocker!

Rk: Hi, I'm Rob Kearney and I'm auditioning for the part of full back next week.

Joe Schmidt: Next
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Scarlets lads are still doing warm down.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

I think some people are missing the point with Rob. I think from Joes ppont of view it went pretty much to plan. I think it was more like:
Joe: "Rob, just go out there and stretch your calfs for an hour. Don't really bother you hole but whatever you do don't do anything silly, like tackling that might put you out next week"

Job done!
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

The only thing he stretched was his shirt sleeves as everytime the camera was on him he kept pushing his sleeves up thinking he was in a calendar shoot. If he was a youngster and put on that sort of performance people would be shouting he's out of his depth and isn't anywhere near the level that Leinster operate at. I've yet to see that bad a display from one of the most successful irish rugby players of all time. Truly awful stuff from him. Cant think of one positive thing he did. Was he out on the lash all day and just wandered in as the teams ran out?!!!
Gearzbox2
Knowledgeable

Post by Gearzbox2 »

LeinsterLeader wrote:I think some people are missing the point with Rob. I think from Joes ppont of view it went pretty much to plan. I think it was more like:
Joe: "Rob, just go out there and stretch your calfs for an hour. Don't really bother you hole but whatever you do don't do anything silly, like tackling that might put you out next week"

The guy is a professional rugby player and needs to act accordingly, complete rubbish that left his team mates down time and time again tonight....
He suppose to be leading by example, he was poor in every aspect of play

Was the aim of him playing not to actually try to put in a performance of some standard to warrant inclusion next week????

Job done!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

carlow man wrote:The only thing he stretched was his shirt sleeves as everytime the camera was on him he kept pushing his sleeves up thinking he was in a calendar shoot. If he was a youngster and put on that sort of performance people would be shouting he's out of his depth and isn't anywhere near the level that Leinster operate at. I've yet to see that bad a display from one of the most successful irish rugby players of all time. Truly awful stuff from him. Cant think of one positive thing he did. Was he out on the lash all day and just wandered in as the teams ran out?!!!

Alright dude we get it.

He was awful, but we know he's a big game player. That shouldn't excuse the performance tonight but he has enough credit in the bag to overcome it.