Scarlets at home, 25/01 7.35pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

carlow man
Enlightened

Re: Scarlets at home, 25/01 7.35pm

Post by carlow man »

Hippo wrote:I agree, Barry Daly was easily the pick of the backs. Lots of work for Frawley to do, he never got to grips with the game.

Comedy gold from Rob, his worst performance in ages. I wonder what Carlow Man made of his performance though?
Lol! :clap:
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Regarding RB.
Just a little question/observation.
RK probably made and missed more tackles than he's ever had to do before in a game.
I wonder why that was the case?
The FB is an easy target.
IE while everyone? is pointing the finger at RB, I'd have the search light on looking for the real culprits.
Reckon Joe will be delighted that RK came thru unharmed.
Joe selects him for his catching not tackling which he rarely has to do for Ireland.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
etak252
Learner

Post by etak252 »

Just watched recording of match Jesus Rob Kearney was very poor I wonder is he still slightly injured. Can't see Joe picking him for next week and rightly so.

No chance of winning World Cup with Kearney at full back. Give Robbie H a try at full back important to get all your best players on the pitch assuming Gary R Bundi Farrell Addison all fit.
Daly Doris Moloney Jack Mc all good but blessed to win that one.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

etak252 wrote:Just watched recording of match Jesus Rob Kearney was very poor I wonder is he still slightly injured. Can't see Joe picking him for next week and rightly so.

No chance of winning World Cup with Kearney at full back. Give Robbie H a try at full back important to get all your best players on the pitch assuming Gary R Bundi Farrell Addison all fit.
Daly Doris Moloney Jack Mc all good but blessed to win that one.
Rob if fit will be our starting FB in the WC.........calm down please, the guy is class and always has stepped up. Leaky sieve at times the entire backline last night, very easy to over focus on a couple of missed tackles by RK. Yes he was rusty and I have sat through shocking individual performances from BOD, Sexton and many other big names over the years. It happens but what tends to happen is when it really matters they perform.

Can we please stop throwing the baby out with the bath water.

We are 21 points clear in the league, the rest of the league this season is training for our youngsters, we have a home QTR against Ulster in the Big un and blooding new players all over the place. We are using these 6 nations games in exactly the right way blending in lots of young players and RK and McGrath needed a trot out last night for national reasons. Job done and we still won.
etak252
Learner

Post by etak252 »

Sorry but disagree Rob is a weak link in Irish back line offers very little going forward and misses too many tackles.
curates_egg
Seán Cronin

Post by curates_egg »

arsebiscuits1 wrote:
curates_egg wrote:
paddyor wrote:Byrne off with a HIA so probably won't play next week. Reid or Frawley to start?
A sloppy tackle that resulted in a head clash because Byrne slipped.
Looked groggy afterwards. No point in playing him.

Frawley had his 80 minutes against Ulster, so you would reckon it's his - needs to stop throwing intercepts (or potential intercepts).
... All one times he did that? :roll: :lol:
Which emoji should I pick?

I make it three now, and a number of near misses.
Needs to stop forcing play.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

It's funny watching the same old things being trotted out about RK before every big international block of games. And yet every single time so far he has proven them wrong.

Now at some stage the naysayers will be right and father time will catch up, but to say that he's a 'weak link' after watching the last year of rugby is just knee jerkism.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

etak252 wrote:
No chance of winning World Cup with Kearney at full back.

This is the sort of stuff I'm talking about.

Like he was enough to beat the All Blacks and Australia and win a 6n, but we've 'no chance' of winning a WC with him playing seemingly.

Because of an abnormally poor performance in a low level league game having been injured on and off for months?
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

wixfjord wrote:
etak252 wrote:

Like he was enough to beat the All Blacks and Australia and win a 6n, but we've 'no chance' of winning a WC with him playing seemingly.

Because of an abnormally poor performance in a low level league game having been injured on and off for months?
I think some people take the whole "you're only as good as your last game" too far. I know we should expect the hyperbole because Kearney for some reason has always come under criticism from some but I thought his performance against the ABs, and last year in general would at least buy him a bit of time. Just shows that people are waiting for certain players to play bad to try prove themselves right.
Logorrhea
Shane Horgan

Post by Logorrhea »

etak252 wrote: No chance of winning World Cup with Kearney at full back.
Idiotic statement
Hippo
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Hippo »

Logorrhea wrote:
etak252 wrote: No chance of winning World Cup with Kearney at full back.
Idiotic statement
Absolutely.
AKA Peter O'Sullivan
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

Funny how some players just seem to attract endless criticism and daggers are waiting as soon as they put a foot wrong.

RK is one and Heaslip was another despite both having incredible careers.

Remember in 2011 having a 'discussion' with a Munster fan about Ireland FB and he was adamant that Felix Jones had to be Ireland's fullback and that RK was done. RK then went onto win ERC player of the year in 2012....

Knee jerk is one way to describe some of the posts on here...........the polite way..................
ronk
Jamie Heaslip

Post by ronk »

Scarlets cut open teams, they are hard to defend against and require organisation.

They were weakened too but still had some critical quality.

It wasnt our best performance but that's not one guys fault. It's easy to forget how callow or rusty the players were.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

Blueberry wrote:Funny how some players just seem to attract endless criticism and daggers are waiting as soon as they put a foot wrong.

Remember in 2011 having a 'discussion' with a Munster fan about Ireland FB and he was adamant that Felix Jones had to be Ireland's fullback and that RK was done. RK then went onto win ERC player of the year in 2012....

Knee jerk is one way to describe some of the posts on here...........the polite way..................
I think the general consensus on rk was that after such a poor display, should he still start for Ireland next week? That's not knee jerk at all. As much as he has been a great servant to irish rugby, picking players that are making basic errors and not being completely match fit, I would prefer people being picked on form and being fit and as close to peak fitness as possible. Players aren't above criticism and this forum allows people to voice an opinion. Some will agree and others won't. Simple.
Blueberry
Mullet

Post by Blueberry »

carlow man wrote:
Blueberry wrote:Funny how some players just seem to attract endless criticism and daggers are waiting as soon as they put a foot wrong.

I think the general consensus on rk was that after such a poor display, should he still start for Ireland next week? That's not knee jerk at all. As much as he has been a great servant to irish rugby, picking players that are making basic errors and not being completely match fit, I would prefer people being picked on form and being fit and as close to peak fitness as possible. Players aren't above criticism and this forum allows people to voice an opinion. Some will agree and others won't. Simple.
If fit he should start in my opinion.....for me dropping Rob Kearney based on a couple of missed tackles in a 'coming back from injury game a week before a 6 nations match' is totally knee jerk.

We will see, but if fit Kearney will get the nod from Joe, if he has aggravated a niggle or not 100% right I am sure he won't.
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Laighin Break wrote:After having a few poor lineout cameos off the bench, I thought Tracy did very well today. Scrum and lineout were solid (don't think we lost a single one?); he carried well and cleverly at the back of mauls and made all his tackles.
I think the LO "problem" is a little over stated. I had a look at the stats for each team and success on your own ball is probably more an indicator of how much time you give the set piece in training. The top LO team is also the top scrum team right the way down.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

carlow man wrote:
Hippo wrote:I agree, Barry Daly was easily the pick of the backs. Lots of work for Frawley to do, he never got to grips with the game.
Comedy gold from Rob, his worst performance in ages. I wonder what Carlow Man made of his performance though?
Lol! :clap:
Bad pint in one of his pubs!!
Peg Leg
Rob Kearney

Post by Peg Leg »

carlow man wrote:

I know, sure you were all over here about SOB being selected in 6N squad too.
"It was Mrs O'Leary's cow"
Daniel Sullivan
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Schmidt didn't even watch that game, nor will he.
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

wixfjord wrote:
etak252 wrote:

He's a Joebot, getting the excuses in early just in case.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.