Edinburgh Away, 22/03, 7.35pm

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Barry
Enlightened

Re: Edinburgh Away, 22/03, 7.35pm

Post by Barry »

novel solution to the problem of which 2 of J-Lo, Fardy & JGP do we play - leave them all out !!
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

wixfjord wrote:Jaysus that is a bizarre side!

Reading between the lines, I'd say we've limited the game time of guys who'll be starting next week besides those who really need it (Cronin, Luke, Leavy, Rhys etc).
It looks like a backline outside 9/10 that won't be involved next week, with ROL looking fairly bolted on to start at 12.

Looks like that trio of front rowers on the bench might be our bench next week too.

I'm assuming Molony is rested as we'll need him to bench next week?
Yeah, looking back through the season they've pretty much given the starting European players a two week block to concentrate solely on the Euro game and left the wider squad to look after the Pro 14. Don't know if it's a great idea but the selection for tomorrow is consistent with what they've done for the other European games.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

Where is Doris or Penney?! Strange to have a 6 starting second row and two guys who are predominately second rows benching!
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

All season we've been switching the 2 from 3 non eu players - now we haven't picked any of them! :lol:

Edit: Barry beat me to it!
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Strange team alright but great to see Luke back and I love the look of the backrow. Hopefully the front five can give them a decent platform.

That's a big ask for some of those Scottish players to play again after the mad game they had on Saturday, and to play again next week is an even bigger ask.

I'd say the fact that Jack is benching pretty much confirms he's off. If not I'd say we'd have been desperate to give him a start ahead of next week.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote:Where is Doris or Penney?! Strange to have a 6 starting second row and two guys who are predominately second rows benching!
Penny and his fellow 20's are off this week.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Dave Cahill wrote:All season we've been switching the 2 from 3 non eu players - now we haven't picked any of them! :lol:

I don't get the scrumhalf call. Well, I get why Luke is starting, but not why JGP isn't on the bench and why Nick is ahead of HOS.

I can understand why Fardy would be wrapped in cotton wool and why we'd try a different left winger if Lowe isn't going to play next week, but not the scrumhalf situation. That almost makes me think that JGP is injured and might miss next week, but then again I could see him starting given that he's been playing well and Luke will be rusty :lol:
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
Dave Cahill wrote:All season we've been switching the 2 from 3 non eu players - now we haven't picked any of them! :lol:

I don't get the scrumhalf call. Well, I get why Luke is starting, but not why JGP isn't on the bench and why Nick is ahead of HOS.

I can understand why Fardy would be wrapped in cotton wool and why we'd try a different left winger if Lowe isn't going to play next week, but not the scrumhalf situation. That almost makes me think that JGP is injured and might miss next week, but then again I could see him starting given that he's been playing well and Luke will be rusty :lol:
Yeah maybe the plan is to start him and they're giving him the week off.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Yeah and maybe HOS is injured? I just feel like one of them has to be! Don't see why we'd be eager for Nick to bench given that we weren't too bothered about getting him game time earlier in the season!
bertlim
Beginner

Post by bertlim »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:

Coming back from injury, won't make the team for the QF next week, so he wouldn't be playing until April 13th. I'm sure he's itching to be playing again and to get even a few minutes would be of huge benefit to him, both physically and (probably to a greater extent) mentally.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

RTB wants Frawley at 15 doesn't he? Curious to see how it goes for him, could be a real helter skelter kind of a game.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

Or they're just keeping JGP also in cotton wool to be on the safe side. Plus Nick needs game time, should he have to fill in for an injury to either Jamisson or Luke.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

bertlim wrote:
Coming back from injury, won't make the team for the QF next week, so he wouldn't be playing until April 13th. I'm sure he's itching to be playing again and to get even a few minutes would be of huge benefit to him, both physically and (probably to a greater extent) mentally.
Nick or Luke?

Hadn't thought of it but maybe Luke won't play next week. Highly unlikely but I'm confused :lol:
bertlim
Beginner

Post by bertlim »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
bertlim wrote:
Nick or Luke?

Hadn't thought of it but maybe Luke won't play next week. Highly unlikely but I'm confused :lol:
Apologies, Nick.
bails
Graduate

Post by bails »

Interesting but strange selection.

Why do none of our 3 overseas players not involved, particlularly as only 2 can be involved next week.
I hope it doesn't imply an unreported injury to any of them as we need 2 fully fit starters next week.

Will be very difficult to beat Edinburgh at Murrayfield, as they have only left out McNally and Gilchrist from their international players and Kinghorn is injured.
Notwithstanding our secure position, with a home semi in the bag, I believe that players need to play to be match fit and focused, rather than play intermittently every couple of weeks.

Sometimes hard to understand !
maps
Knowledgeable

Post by maps »

Hopefully everyone just takes it easy in this match.
The most important thing is that both teams emerge with no injuries or suspensions ahead of next week
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

maps wrote:Hopefully everyone just takes it easy in this match.
The most important thing is that both teams emerge with no injuries or suspensions ahead of next week
Not sure Edinburgh can take it easy in this match, assuming they still have aspirations of making the play-offs and the Champions Cup next season.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
Leoslovechild
Mullet

Post by Leoslovechild »

mildlyinterested wrote:I'd rather lose my eyes than see Tomane at 12.
So I assume you cant see now!
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

That's a serious Embra backrow, Leavy's fitness will be tested anyway!
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

Match Preview

In stark contrast to last season, Leinster's Irish have trudged back to their province this week on the back of a desperately disappointing Six Nations campaign.

After a bad start against England, Ireland seemed to have re-discovered something close to form against France, but really it was a case of the French being awful rather than Ireland being that good. Against Wales, they were utterly hopeless, beaten up and out-smarted on and off the pitch.

Read more...
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.