Leinster Scrum Coach

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Re: Leinster Scrum Coach

Post by wixfjord »

riocard911 wrote:Was the original post re Robin McBride as a trojan horse not tongue in cheek? Certainly that was my impression when I got to the last sentence about Daddy and Baby Faz exchanging notes while passing the salt at the dinner table. Maybe we need to dial this discussion down a couple of notches.

Oh mine was tongue in cheek alright!

Unfortunately that wasn't the original post...
johng
Gordon D'Arcy

Post by johng »

backrower8 wrote:
johng wrote:Is this a case of "I'm not a racist I just hate the..... (insert race here)
It’s a fair cop. You know me so well.
Well perhaps that was a bit of a leap in fairness. But why are English and Argentinian coaches above reproach however......
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

johng wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
johng wrote:Is this a case of "I'm not a racist I just hate the..... (insert race here)
It’s a fair cop. You know me so well.
Well perhaps that was a bit of a leap in fairness. But why are English and Argentinian coaches above reproach however......
Because The Rand Corporation, in conjunction with the saucer people, under the supervision of the reverse vampires have captured the media market to control the whole narrative!
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

johng wrote:Ah if only that was the original post......
"I heard Lancaster sent over a load of intel to Jones this year, that’s why we got such a heavy beating in Feb."

I for one can't see how anyone could think the above was meant seriously.

Ditto: "And if Arg beat us again in the RWC I know where I’ll be pointing the finger…"

Or maybe there's some insider joke going on here to which I'm not the party, but merely the eejit....
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

riocard911 wrote:
johng wrote:Ah if only that was the original post......
"I heard Lancaster sent over a load of intel to Jones this year, that’s why we got such a heavy beating in Feb."

I for one can't see how anyone could think the above was meant seriously.

Ditto: "And if Arg beat us again in the RWC I know where I’ll be pointing the finger…"

Or maybe there's some insider joke going on here to which I'm not the party, but merely the eejit....
Have you any posters blocked?
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

What a virtuous and sanctimonious lot most on this thread are. Let he/she/whateveryoubelieveyouaretoday who has never had deviant thoughts cast the first stone.

The Welsh coaching ticket of the last decade is the only one that I can think of that gives me this feeling. That is driven by huge respect for what a successful and united coaching team they were for so long and how they were our main rival across that period (that’s my view).

As I said in the original post and still say, he is good for us but WILL it be for Ireland. I have also said that McBryde will probably be kosher but truthfully I will be wondering if I see the welsh dismantle our forward plays. The Irish pack comprises of at least 5 Leinster players. This is a reflection of my mind and what I think is possible in professional rugby.

“Scurrilous”…like Neil Back, like Andy Hayden, like Tadhg Beirne, like Nathan Hines (pinning two players in the floor), like spying on training sessions, bugging meeting rooms, poisoning team dinners and bloodgate.

Thanks for schooling me on how coaches move around be globe. I was aware of that when I first posted. I am also aware that people are human. I don’t see McBryde sending files or taking briefings. If it was anything it could be part of a casual conversation.

AGAIN, he will probably be kosher, but it’s going to take me a while to get fully comfortable seeing him (I would say the same if it was Edwards or Gatts) at the heart of Irish rugby. Neither am I against his signing. It is most probably a good one.

I will only post pure thoughts from now on. I am now off for some self-flagellation.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

backrower8 wrote:This is a reflection of my mind.
Yes I'd agree there!
arsebiscuits1
Mullet

Post by arsebiscuits1 »

backrower8 wrote:What a virtuous and sanctimonious lot most on this thread are. Let he/she/whateveryoubelieveyouaretoday who has never had deviant thoughts cast the first stone.

The Welsh coaching ticket of the last decade is the only one that I can think of that gives me this feeling. That is driven by huge respect for what a successful and united coaching team they were for so long and how they were our main rival across that period (that’s my view).

As I said in the original post and still say, he is good for us but WILL it be for Ireland. I have also said that McBryde will probably be kosher but truthfully I will be wondering if I see the welsh dismantle our forward plays. The Irish pack comprises of at least 5 Leinster players. This is a reflection of my mind and what I think is possible in professional rugby.

“Scurrilous”…like Neil Back, like Andy Hayden, like Tadhg Beirne, like Nathan Hines (pinning two players in the floor), like spying on training sessions, bugging meeting rooms, poisoning team dinners and bloodgate.

Thanks for schooling me on how coaches move around be globe. I was aware of that when I first posted. I am also aware that people are human. I don’t see McBryde sending files or taking briefings. If it was anything it could be part of a casual conversation.

AGAIN, he will probably be kosher, but it’s going to take me a while to get fully comfortable seeing him (I would say the same if it was Edwards or Gatts) at the heart of Irish rugby. Neither am I against his signing. It is most probably a good one.

I will only post pure thoughts from now on. I am now off for some self-flagellation.
Tl;dr for people

"I am on a high horse"

"I continue to question a professional persons integrity and reputation without any basis"
He's gotten awfully fond of that brick
OTT
Rhys Ruddock

Post by OTT »

backrower8 wrote:What a virtuous and sanctimonious lot most on this thread are. Let he/she/whateveryoubelieveyouaretoday who has never had deviant thoughts cast the first stone.

Onwards to Kings Landing!
"Horrocks went one way, Taylor the other and I was left holding the bloody hyphen!"

~The Late Great Mick English
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

arsebiscuits1 wrote: "I am on a high horse"

"I continue to question a professional persons integrity and reputation without any basis"
I could not get on my high horse due to all the sanctimonious, interlopers wot had already gone and stolen my horse because all the Unicorns were taken.

The reaction to this has either been delusional or is fueled by more than the mere suggestion that a man who has spent the last 20 years of his life giving Wales his all could casually share some insights he gains at club level for use at international level.

I will leave it there as I hear the virtuous wretching and fainting in the background. Poor dears.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

backrower8 wrote:

I could not get on my high horse due to all the sanctimonious, interlopers wot had already gone and stolen my horse because all the Unicorns were taken.

The reaction to this has either been delusional or is fueled by more than the mere suggestion that a man who has spent the last 20 years of his life giving Wales his all could casually share some insights he gains at club level for use at international level.

I will leave it there as I hear the virtuous wretching and fainting in the background. Poor dears.
But then the insights he gains at club level for use at international level could also be used at club level
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

backrower8 wrote:

Maybe we just can’t get it because we’re not real rugby blokes?
ChrisUppy
Graduate

Post by ChrisUppy »

Aside from everything else, it was actually three players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8soVSySmqjI
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

ChrisUppy wrote:

Aside from everything else, it was actually three players: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8soVSySmqjI
That was magnificent.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote: Maybe we just can’t get it because we’re not real rugby blokes?
Still getting over that are we? That really got to you…and you with your old school socks and all. Stay strong.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Wales head coach Gatland believes McBryde’s coaching expertise should have been kept in Welsh rugby.

“It’s fantastic for Robin and a great opportunity,” said Gatland of McBryde’s Leinster deal.

“From my point of view I think it’s disappointing for Wales. He’s been involved in Welsh rugby for 13 years and it’s an IP (intellectual property) that all of a sudden has left Wales and gone over to probably our closest rivals.

“They have access now to all the knowledge he’s gained over the last 13 years with Wales. He’s got a lot of knowledge about players, game-plans, structures, and how things are done.

“From that point of view it’s disappointing, but from a personal point of view for him having an opportunity and having a job lined up post Rugby World Cup is great.”

McBryde was first appointed Wales forwards guru by Gareth Jenkins in 2006 but was retained when Gatland took the reins in late 2007. Despite coming in for criticism from sections of the Welsh public, McBryde has overseen one of the most successful periods in Welsh rugby history winning three Six Nations Grand Slams and a Championship.

The former Scarlets hooker, who won 37 caps for Wales and toured with the British & Irish Lions to Australia in 2001, also took charge of Wales’ unbeaten tour of the Pacific Islands in 2017.

And Gatland is confident he will be a valuable asset to reigning European champions Leinster.

He said: “Robin has been a great servant to Wales as a player and a coach and I have a huge amount of respect for him in terms of his integrity, his professionalism, and how hard he works in his role. It has been a concern with regards some of our coaches what they were going to do after the World Cup.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

mildlyinterested wrote:Wales head coach Gatland believes McBryde’s coaching expertise should have been kept in Welsh rugby.

“It’s fantastic for Robin and a great opportunity,” said Gatland of McBryde’s Leinster deal.

“From my point of view I think it’s disappointing for Wales. He’s been involved in Welsh rugby for 13 years and it’s an IP (intellectual property) that all of a sudden has left Wales and gone over to probably our closest rivals.

“They have access now to all the knowledge he’s gained over the last 13 years with Wales. He’s got a lot of knowledge about players, game-plans, structures, and how things are done.

“From that point of view it’s disappointing, but from a personal point of view for him having an opportunity and having a job lined up post Rugby World Cup is great.”

McBryde was first appointed Wales forwards guru by Gareth Jenkins in 2006 but was retained when Gatland took the reins in late 2007. Despite coming in for criticism from sections of the Welsh public, McBryde has overseen one of the most successful periods in Welsh rugby history winning three Six Nations Grand Slams and a Championship.

The former Scarlets hooker, who won 37 caps for Wales and toured with the British & Irish Lions to Australia in 2001, also took charge of Wales’ unbeaten tour of the Pacific Islands in 2017.

And Gatland is confident he will be a valuable asset to reigning European champions Leinster.

He said: “Robin has been a great servant to Wales as a player and a coach and I have a huge amount of respect for him in terms of his integrity, his professionalism, and how hard he works in his role. It has been a concern with regards some of our coaches what they were going to do after the World Cup.
So Gatts sees it as I do:

- McBryde will be good for Leinster
- there is a risk of insider knowledge share
- Wales and Ireland have been primary rivals these last 15 years

Wise man! Played against him once. He’s still talking about it. :roll:
Oldschoolsocks
Shane Horgan

Post by Oldschoolsocks »

backrower8 wrote:
Oldschoolsocks wrote: Maybe we just can’t get it because we’re not real rugby blokes?
Still getting over that are we? That really got to you…and you with your old school socks and all. Stay strong.
dunno about strong, I deadlifted 180kgs today - not bad for a man in his mid 40s
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

Oldschoolsocks wrote:
backrower8 wrote:
dunno about strong, I deadlifted 180kgs today - not bad for a man in his mid 40s
So you got out of bed :clap:
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

backrower8 wrote:
So Gatts sees it as I do:

- McBryde will be good for Leinster
- there is a risk of insider knowledge share
- Wales and Ireland have been primary rivals these last 15 years

Wise man! Played against him once. He’s still talking about it. :roll:
Doesn't he see it the opposite as you do? Risk is to Wales whereas you thing risk is to Ireland?