Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

cormac
Rob Kearney

Re: Leinster v Toulouse Sunday April 21st 3.15

Post by cormac »

Dave Cahill wrote:and the Aviva is a Category 4 stadium whereas the Ricoh was voted the worst stadium in the Football League last season!
Is the Ricoh really considered worse than Adams Park?
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

neill_m wrote:An interesting but probably highly irrelevant statistic is that Toulouse have never won an away QF/SF v an Irish province in the history of the Heineken/Champions Cup. Lost to Ulster in 1998/99, Leinster in 2010/11, Munster in 2013/14 and 2016/17.
Apologies for jinxing us, but I have a feeling they played their final on Sunday.

They're an excellent side but when you factor in the tough games they have over the next two weeks, I can't see them backing it up again against us.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

Post by MylesNaGapoleen »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:
neill_m wrote:An interesting but probably highly irrelevant statistic is that Toulouse have never won an away QF/SF v an Irish province in the history of the Heineken/Champions Cup. Lost to Ulster in 1998/99, Leinster in 2010/11, Munster in 2013/14 and 2016/17.
Apologies for jinxing us, but I have a feeling they played their final on Sunday.

They're an excellent side but when you factor in the tough games they have over the next two weeks, I can't see them backing it up again against us.

not so sure about that....if they are serious about the double..I guess they might go after points against toulon this weekend and then rest key players against clermont the weekend before the dublin semi which I think is on a sunday iirc. They already have a cushion at the top (20 points between them and lyon in 3rd). They also have a relatively easy run in after dublin against bordeux, pau, and perpignan. pretty much guaranteed a home semi even if they lose badly to clermont.
Last edited by MylesNaGapoleen on April 3rd, 2019, 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I can't see them resting players against Clermont. They're second and if Toulouse rest players this weekend and lose, and Clermont beat Racing at home then the gap will close before they meet.

Hat tip to RTB for mentioning their fixtures the other day.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I can't see them resting players against Clermont. They're second and if Toulouse rest players this weekend and lose, and Clermont beat Racing at home then the gap will close before they meet.

disagree. they are already (pretty much) guaranteed a home semi..20 points up on lyon in 3rd and have an easy run in after the dublin semi against bordeux, pau, and perpignan.

I maybe wrong...but I think they might go for points against toulon and rest key players against clermont, which is on the sunday before the dublin game.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:I can't see them resting players against Clermont. They're second and if Toulouse rest players this weekend and lose, and Clermont beat Racing at home then the gap will close before they meet.

They are away to Toulon and host Clermont. No chance they will play the 2s at home. They could rotate this weekend v Toulon. In the bigger picture in France, all top 2 gets you is a week off. In theory 1st gets an easier semi final v 4th/5th. Also the semi-finals are played at a neutral ground so no home advantage - Bordeaux this year. Toulouse are 20 points clear of 3rd so in theory will need max 11 points to secure top 2.
MylesNaGapoleen
Rhys Ruddock

neill_m wrote:

They are away to Toulon and host Clermont. No chance they will play the 2s at home. They could rotate this weekend v Toulon. In the bigger picture in France, all top 2 gets you is a week off. In theory 1st gets an easier semi final v 4th/5th. Also the semi-finals are played at a neutral ground so no home advantage - Bordeaux this year. Toulouse are 20 points clear of 3rd so in theory will need max 11 points to secure top 2.
you maybe right but I would do it the other way around...go for points against toulon and rest key players against clermont. don't forget that clermont have a semi final to play the following weekend as well.
neill_m
Rhys Ruddock

Post by neill_m »

MylesNaGapoleen wrote:
neill_m wrote:

you maybe right but I would do it the other way around...go for points against toulon and rest key players against clermont. don't forget that clermont have a semi final to play the following weekend as well.
Clermont have a big game at home on Sunday v Racing 92. So they could end up sending the 2s to Toulouse next week or send a strong side and play a mixed side in the Challenge Cup.
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Tickets on sale to season ticket holders from 12 midday tomorrow (Thurs).
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
domhnallj
Rhys Ruddock

Post by domhnallj »

John23 wrote:Tickets on sale to season ticket holders from 12 midday tomorrow (Thurs).
Any word on when the rest of us might get a look in?
"That was shiterarse coaches need to look at themselves this is as bad at is.beem with school. Items impeovrnkyb neefedc"

Golf Man sums up the mood of a nation
roarlad
Learner

Post by roarlad »

domhnallj wrote:
John23 wrote:Tickets on sale to season ticket holders from 12 midday tomorrow (Thurs).
Any word on when the rest of us might get a look in?

Season ticket holders pre-sale: April 4th from 12
General public sale: April 5th from 12
John23
Enlightened

Post by John23 »

Pre-sale for season ticket holders and IRFU patrons ends Tuesday next. I raised an eyebrow on reading the e-mail telling us that we could buy a max of 8 tickets. Not a lot to go on general sale after that.
“Somedays you're the pigeon, somedays you're the statue.”
Dundalk 1
Bookworm

Post by Dundalk 1 »

John23 wrote:Pre-sale for season ticket holders and IRFU patrons ends Tuesday next. I raised an eyebrow on reading the e-mail telling us that we could buy a max of 8 tickets. Not a lot to go on general sale after that.
It just says limit of 8 per transaction not per season ticket account
Both Leinster and EPCR would be delighted if the Season Ticket holders bought all the tickets
Grubber
Beginner

Post by Grubber »

LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Was Holmes not cited? Can' see anything on the Toulouse or EPCR websites.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Was Holmes not cited? Can' see anything on the Toulouse or EPCR websites.
Does he need to be cited - is a red card not an automatic visit to the headmaster's office?
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

LeRouxIsPHat wrote:Was Holmes not cited? Can' see anything on the Toulouse or EPCR websites.

Red Card is an automatic citing, he's up in front of the Disciplinary on the 10th

https://www.epcrugby.com/2019/04/04/red ... -toulouse/
I have Bumbleflex
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

Figured it was automatic but assumed the hearing would be this week. Thanks!
LeRouxIsPHat
Jamie Heaslip

Post by LeRouxIsPHat »

I'm baffled as to why I couldn't/can't see that link when I went/go to the EPCR site...just checked again after I clicked it and feel like the site is playing a prank on me.
geologyrocks
Beginner

Post by geologyrocks »

Leinster are -7 favourites on Paddy Power. I'm not sure what to think of that.