A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

alanair
Mullet

Re: Leinster @ Ulster, Sat 27 Apr 17:15 KO

Post by alanair »

rooster wrote:
wixfjord wrote:Ferg cited.

Stupidity personified from him. He's nailed on to get a ban that will rule him out for the season, and we could really have done with him as an option with Byrne and Daly likely out too.
Not surprised, AR had a clear view, as did about half of the West side supporters. It was seriously stupid and not something I would have thought he would actually do, end of season for him now and he may hope it is a number of weeks rather than matches he gets the ban for.
Sorry But that’s cr@p If the AR had a positive view of the incident , he would have recommended a YC / RC. To Clancy... in fact it would have been his duty to do so...
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

Stupidity personified from him. He's nailed on to get a ban that will rule him out for the season, and we could really have done with him as an option with Byrne and Daly likely out too.
Not defending him but what got him going, I suspect, was an illegal legs above the horizontal tackle on him by an Ulster player a few minutes earlier.
A red mist reaction which he's old enough and experienced enough to ride thru.
Was definitely worth a look at by the TMO and citing officer.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
backrower8
Mullet

Post by backrower8 »

I would say Ferg was very psyched to perform because he is out of contract, has played so little and is raging against the fading of the light.
Xanthippe
Shane Horgan

Post by Xanthippe »

Oldschool wrote:

Not defending him but what got him going, I suspect, was an illegal legs above the horizontal tackle on him by an Ulster player a few minutes earlier.
For those who may not have seen the tackle referenced by Oldschool

Last edited by Xanthippe on April 30th, 2019, 9:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
#LiveLifeLoveLeinster

#BeSeenBeHeardBeBlueBELIEVE

I'm a Book Mark and damn proud of it. Storm 1:08 forever
Jackie Brown
Knowledgeable

Post by Jackie Brown »

Hahahaha, wise up

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
STAND UP FOR THE ULSTERMEN!
Dexter
Shane Horgan

Post by Dexter »

Oldschool wrote:

Forgot about that. It was lucky he was able to get his hand down first, otherwise he was headfirst into the ground.
He still needs to leave that sort of thing up to the officials (vain hope I know for that game!).
Dont Panic!
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

Jackie Brown wrote:Hahahaha, wise up

I'd be quiet if I were you. You deserved a ban for your scurrilous accusation.
hugonaut
Shane Jennings

Post by hugonaut »

I was away for the game and only saw a recording of it last night.

I thought that Ferg played really well, and was particularly impressed with the way he was able to keep on powering forward through contact. He unfortunately has nobody to blame if he gets a ban, he lost the rag momentarily. He was obviously fired up for the match and for a chance to play himself into the matchday squad for the biggest games of the season - it showed in a good way in how abrasively he carried, but he strayed over the edge for a second. If he misses out, it's a heavy price to pay.

I've huge time for Ferg, so I'll be disappointed if he gets a ban, but the rational side of me can't complain.
Laighin Break
Mullet

Post by Laighin Break »

It's a pity that the Pro14 provide such bad highlights packages on youtube. Only 2:16 long - maybe down to the broadcasters- but about half of that is the teams/crowd celebrating the tries/win.
There's no build up to JOB's try, they only have from the final pass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut1zgARSDUY
rooster
Seán Cronin

Post by rooster »

alanair wrote:
rooster wrote:

Not surprised, AR had a clear view, as did about half of the West side supporters. It was seriously stupid and not something I would have thought he would actually do, end of season for him now and he may hope it is a number of weeks rather than matches he gets the ban for.
Sorry But that’s cr@p If the AR had a positive view of the incident , he would have recommended a YC / RC. To Clancy... in fact it would have been his duty to do so...
Not cr@p AR said it was a headbutt to Clancy, he was the one who decided to check and not take his word for it
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

the spoofer wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Hahahaha, wise up

I'd be quiet if I were you. You deserved a ban for your scurrilous accusation.
Missed that. Probably for the best!
RoboProp
Shane Horgan

Post by RoboProp »

Oldschool wrote:

Would agree with that, but what with that late knee after he dotted down last season laid him off for a long time, and probabaly scuppered any chance of going to Japan you can see why he did it. I don't justify it. A loaf is about a dirty thing you can do, but he's a competitor nearing the end of his career and a still hungry one at that
cormac
Rob Kearney

Post by cormac »

RoboProp wrote:
Oldschool wrote:

Would agree with that, but what with that late knee after he dotted down last season laid him off for a long time, and probabaly scuppered any chance of going to Japan you can see why he did it. I don't justify it. A loaf is about a dirty thing you can do, but he's a competitor nearing the end of his career and a still hungry one at that
It wasn't the late challenge from Steff Evans in the semi-final last year that caused Ferg's injury, he pulled his hamstring as he was running in for the try. That's not to excuse Evans for his shithousery but it wasn't the cause of the injury.
Look out Itchy, he's Irish
alanair
Mullet

Post by alanair »

Sorry But that’s cr@p If the AR had a positive view of the incident , he would have recommended a YC / RC. To Clancy... in fact it would have been his duty to do so...[/quote]Not cr@p AR said it was a headbutt to Clancy, he was the one who decided to check and not take his word for it[/quote]

I beg to differ.... I repeat... if he was positive he would have recomended that Clancy give a YC / RC ... and he didnt
Dave Cahill
Devin Toner

Post by Dave Cahill »

We'll know when the written decision is published, the Pro14 ones are excellent, listing, for example, all the evidentiary inputs
I have Bumbleflex
artaneboy
Shane Horgan

Leinster @ Ulster, Sat 27 Apr 17:15 KO

Post by artaneboy »

rooster wrote:Joy is a far better ref than Clancy, she actually knows the rules of the game and adheres to them and if more refs did the same they wouldn't have to do these continual changes and tweaks.

Tight contest and both sides infringed far more than they were penalised for, Leinster missed a penalty advantage late on in the match which was a 50:50 kick for goal, played on and gained ground after 5 phases lost ball and lost advantage, Ulster had done the same earlier and same happened so at least he was consistent, now whether that came out the same on TV I dont know I was just following his arm signals.
Just noticed this now. Whatever about Clancy: being worse than him is like trying to win a slow bicycle race- based on her performances as AR, I think Neville is no better than average really.

She sees some stuff early on and that becomes her focus- but misses or ignores other laws. So she was very hot on offside against us last week, but it was obvious that Ulster were equally at fault there. Hardly a peep on that.

The previous week against Glasgow she decided not to bother referring offside at all. When we were attacking they were usually literally metres over the back foot line. It eventually became so ridiculous she did bring it to the refs attention on one occasion.

She’s a young referee and needs time- but let’s not start over praising her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Oh, I used to be disgusted, and now I try to be amused!"