The Final, Saracens in Newcastle, May 11th. Drive for Five.

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Blue not red blood
Mullet

Re: The Final, Saracens in Newcastle, May 11th. Drive for Fi

Post by Blue not red blood »

ARE WE THERE YET ?
ARE WE THERE YET ?

NO BE QUIET
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

OTT wrote:I am stating the obvious but making it claustrophobic on Owen Farrell will be the key to stopping the above. It is easier said then done and Josh and Dan will be big losses here.
That's the simple tactic I was fishing for.
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

olaf the fat wrote:Christ, the Thursday fear before a big game is cat.
Have a listen to the John, Dave and Jason on this week's episode of Blues Talk TV at soundcloud and you'll be reassured!!!!!
paddyor
Shane Jennings

Post by paddyor »

Dave Cahill wrote:Could someone point out a match where John Mulvihill hasn't criticised a Ref? The guy is the biggest whinger in Wales, which is saying something.
:?:
Ruddock's tackle stats consistently too low for me to be taken seriously as a Six Nations blindside..... Ruddock's defensive stats don't stack up. - All Blacks Nil, Jan 15th, 2014
England A 8 - 14 Ireland A, 25th Jan 2014
Ruddock(c) 19/2 Tackles
Oldschool
Cian Healy

Post by Oldschool »

riocard911 wrote:
olaf the fat wrote:Christ, the Thursday fear before a big game is cat.
Have a listen to the John, Dave and Jason on this week's episode of Blues Talk TV at soundcloud and you'll be reassured!!!!!
Great minds think alike, fools seldom differ. :wink:
Mirror, Mirror on the Wall who's the greatest player of them all? It is Drico your majesty.
carlow man
Enlightened

Post by carlow man »

After looking at that clip from last year, the player we need more than anyone else is leavy. Such a shame a player with thst much ability won't be on show. Exactly the type of player we need against a team like sarries.
FourMasters
Knowledgeable

Post by FourMasters »

This might while away a bit of time - https://www.the42.ie/leinster-european- ... 7-May2019/

I had to tap out on one last player - had his pic in my head but couldn't grasp the name - little aussie scrummie :D - sorry, Chris :oops:
desperado
Mullet

Post by desperado »

Good sign that Sean Cronin looks ok landing in Newcastle this evening. https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/gallery/sq ... d=18TT2661
riocard911
Shane Jennings

Post by riocard911 »

OTB HEINEKEN ROADSHOW | Champions Cup Final Preview w/ Brian O'Driscoll, Keith Wood & Bernard Jackman:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rRaeaPhr9Q0
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

Anyone able to source highlights from last years final, can't seem to find any on youtube!
Keith
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Keith »

Jcahill1 wrote:Anyone able to source highlights from last years final, can't seem to find any on youtube!
The way the EPCR do highlights, you'd be better off just watching the whole game if you can find it.
Jcahill1
Bookworm

Post by Jcahill1 »

Having done a trawl through the highlights of our season today, the thing that struck me was how much Jack Conan has come through at key moments. He's scored some really significant tries for us, as well as helping us get out of jail against Ulster. I reckon if we come through tomorrow Conans dynamism and creativity will play a big part.
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

Oldschool wrote:
OTT wrote:I am stating the obvious but making it claustrophobic on Owen Farrell will be the key to stopping the above. It is easier said then done and Josh and Dan will be big losses here.
That's the simple tactic I was fishing for.
Step up Seanie baby - one more time for the boys.....just one more time....
tingman
Graduate

Post by tingman »

carlow man wrote:After looking at that clip from last year, the player we need more than anyone else is leavy. Such a shame a player with thst much ability won't be on show. Exactly the type of player we need against a team like sarries.
Got that right.
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

indo has Jack Mc on bench.
wixfjord
Leo Cullen

Post by wixfjord »

I think benching Jack is the right call on balance. Let's hope he can roll back the years and give us one big performance.

With him, Porter and Ruddock presumably there our bench looks much stronger than Toulouse.

(Although I see Bent in the pictures getting off the plane...)
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

wixfjord wrote:I think benching Jack is the right call on balance. Let's hope he can roll back the years and give us one big performance.

With him, Porter and Ruddock presumably there our bench looks much stronger than Toulouse.

Molony also in pictures, cover will have traveled.

The official pro 14 podcast all said sarries were marginal favourites. (McGeady, Lawson & Coles)

Shane Horgan picked Sarries on second captains.

Andy Goode & Jim Hamilton picked Sarries too unsurprisingly.
Last edited by mildlyinterested on May 10th, 2019, 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

carlow man wrote:After looking at that clip from last year, the player we need more than anyone else is leavy. Such a shame a player with thst much ability won't be on show. Exactly the type of player we need against a team like sarries.
Yeah that's been on my mind since before the semi-final even. I've been yelling at the radio every time I've heard someone say "both teams are fully loaded" or similar.

In general, compared to last year I'd have to say Saracens are looking much better. Liam Williams is just the player they needed and their form is better than it's ever been.

By contrast, any squad would suffer from losing Joey Carbery, Jordi Murphy, Isa along with temporarily losing Leavy and VdF from the same bloody position. And our form really hasn't been great since the Wasps demolition job at home. I can't think of any game where our first choice XV has played to it's full potential. The closest we've been was the semi, thankfully. (The other home performance against Toulouse was good too, but not quite out first choice XV)

TL;DR I'm feeling pessimistic.
olaf the fat
Seán Cronin

Post by olaf the fat »

Twist wrote:
Yeah that's been on my mind since before the semi-final even. I've been yelling at the radio every time I've heard someone say "both teams are fully loaded" or similar.

In general, compared to last year I'd have to say Saracens are looking much better. Liam Williams is just the player they needed and their form is better than it's ever been.

By contrast, any squad would suffer from losing Joey Carbery, Jordi Murphy, Isa along with temporarily losing Leavy and VdF from the same bloody position. And our form really hasn't been great since the Wasps demolition job at home. I can't think of any game where our first choice XV has played to it's full potential. The closest we've been was the semi, thankfully. (The other home performance against Toulouse was good too, but not quite out first choice XV)

TL;DR I'm feeling pessimistic.
Yep, Saracens seem to be firing on all cylinders, whereas we've not been at 100% yet this season.
As they say in Russia, Goodbye in Russian
the spoofer
Shane Horgan

Post by the spoofer »

mildlyinterested wrote:
wixfjord wrote:I think benching Jack is the right call on balance. Let's hope he can roll back the years and give us one big performance.

Molony also in pictures, cover will have traveled.

The official pro 14 podcast all said sarries were marginal favourites. (McGeady, Lawson & Coles)

Shane Horgan picked Sarries on second captains.

Andy Goode & Jim Hamilton picked Sarries too unsurprisingly.
So did Drico. Jackman picked Leinster. Wood sat on the fence.