Dan Leavy

A forum for true blue Leinster supporters to talk about and support their team

Moderator: moderators

Morf
Rhys Ruddock

Re: Dan Leavy

Post by Morf »

I've never seen single leg counter movement jump used as a performance metric so unsure what the 32 ish cm equates to rather than relative progression.

I'd imagine it's a make shift test where more appropriate equipment is unavailable.

If it's purely ACL you'd take more interest in the ability to land/change direction than just produce upward force though.
FLIP
Seán Cronin

Post by FLIP »

Morf wrote:If it's purely ACL you'd take more interest in the ability to land/change direction than just produce upward force though.
Leavys injury was most of the knee joint ligaments, so upward force is important overall.

Secondly, a lot of the benefit of this is actually knee stabilisation upon landing on the one injured leg
Anyone But New Zealand
mildlyinterested
Leo Cullen

Post by mildlyinterested »

Lancaster on Leavy
"Last week he completed his first full week of training and I thought it was excellent. You could certainly see the old Dan Leavy in training and we've just finished a game today, he's been very, very competitive in today's training session," said Lancaster.

"Other than playing a game, he's done everything force our hand. Whether he makes the step this week or in the next few weeks, that's to be decided but we're very, very pleased to have him back training and he'll definitely figure for us in the near future, that's for sure."

"It's remarkable really when you consider the complexity of the injury and the number of different operations he had to have, almost like in a sequential order, in order to get back," added Lancaster.

"So credit goes to everyone, from the surgeons who performed those [operations] and the way in which they did those to the medical team here at Leinster and how diligent they were with Dan's recovery from each operation that allowed him to make progress to the next stage.

"Also to Dan himself and the diligence he showed to make sure he came back. It's phenomenal really, you look to see is he limping, is he struggling after training sessions. Is he less agile, is he slower? I see none of those things.

"He looks like the player that was there before he received the injury which is incredible really."
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

I’m so excited to see him back and if he comes back like old that will be nothing short of remarkable
limecat
Lazy totalitarian

Post by limecat »

https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1 ... 0993666048
Rúaidhrí O'Connor - @RuaidhriOC wrote:A bright spot for Irish rugby fans, and Leinster fans in particular: Dan Leavy set for his return to action against Ulster Ravens at the RDS on Friday. Game not yet confirmed, but it is happening
Keep up to date on our facebook page or follow us on mastodon.
LeinsterLeader
Seán Cronin

Post by LeinsterLeader »

limecat wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 10:18 am https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1 ... 0993666048
Rúaidhrí O'Connor - @RuaidhriOC wrote:A bright spot for Irish rugby fans, and Leinster fans in particular: Dan Leavy set for his return to action against Ulster Ravens at the RDS on Friday. Game not yet confirmed, but it is happening
If Leinster Rugby were to stream this I'd pay to watch

Jusy sayin' :shock:
Twist
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Twist »

LeinsterLeader wrote:
limecat wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 10:18 am https://twitter.com/RuaidhriOC/status/1 ... 0993666048

I’d be happy to give them a fiver to stream this. They need the money and I need an excuse to wear a Leinster jersey and shout at a screen!
Cianostays
Rhys Ruddock

Post by Cianostays »

Genuinely wonderful news! Lord knows we could all do with some after Sat.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day.

Gerry Thornley 23/3/09. 'Nuff said.
Theleinsterlad
Enlightened

Post by Theleinsterlad »

Twist wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 11:23 am
LeinsterLeader wrote:

I’d be happy to give them a fiver to stream this. They need the money and I need an excuse to wear a Leinster jersey and shout at a screen!
God would love to see this game!